Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 27th January 2014, 15:10   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Having owned a 309 myself have a soft corner for this car .Lets hope for the best
It did 12.07 sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Congratulations to absynthguzzler for clocking 12.071 in the Peugeot 309.
Yeah Nazim, a big congratulations to Arun. Is he now officially the fastest Indian?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 15:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to Arun and Raveendra for your fantastic performance!You guys deserve a rousing reception when you're back.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 19:17   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yeah Nazim, a big congratulations to Arun. Is he now officially the fastest Indian?
I think it came 3rd in the open category. 1st was the AMS GTR which clocked 10.2 or 10.7, don't remember which.

All in all a great day, yes stuff was behind schedule, but I'm sure it will be taken care of next year. Good job insaneroller, looking forward to it next year.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 20:44   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Cool. That's pretty impressive considering you beat an Evo and a Z4. Please do put up a video if you have one!

As pointed out earlier, I guess it's poor event organizing that led to mix up of the categories.

Waiting for more.....anxiously!
Extremely disgruntled by the mismanagement & a couple of lying Z4 owners who came in saying their cars are 3L non turbo & managed convincing the marshals allowing them to run in the 2000-3000 cc category.

Its an open fact that the Z4 since its launch is selling with the N54 engine which is a 3L turbo.

I'd complained before my run & also after the run to the marshals & organizers but they said they will be shifted to the H4 category when results are sorted, but they did'nt do it, kinda feel cheated

Technically ive won that category & still im @ 2nd place, seriously frustrating

Quote:
It did 12.07 sec
Yup, saw it LIVE from a few feet away, was a treat for sure.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 22:58   #35
BHPian

Rickey Gadson's runs
Attached Thumbnails
The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9283.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9290.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9292.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-sr_dmk9253.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-sr_dmk9261.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-sr_dmk9285.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-sr_dmk9289.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-sr_dmk9293.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-sr_dmk9294.jpg  

niks_devil666 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 23:05   #36
BHPian

Some other pics of the Run
Attached Thumbnails
The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9230.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9235.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9240.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9242.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9243.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9265.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9271.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9308.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9312.jpg  

The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-r_dmk9326.jpg  

niks_devil666 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 23:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Is that the Gojira which was destined to win?
Yes.That is the Gojira which was destined to win, and it did with some style
Hats off to the owner for getting such a BEAST in the country !
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 00:43   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Highlights; 12 second run by the Honda/Peugeot, Ricky Gadson's 9.8 run on the bone-stock ZX14, Godzilla's last sprint against the 911 (beautiful launch), afterfiring on the M5 post run, and the 900RR (simply loved a 20-year plus old carbie giving the fight to all them higher capacity fuel injected machines). Very nicely done. Oh, and the boosted MG 410. Egads..!

Lowlights; Very poor organizing attempt compared to the last valley run. Categories running mixed through the day, poor SBKs/SCs kept waiting through the hot sun, and all wait little show. Morning was mostly wasted. Most importantly, NO LED SCOREBOARDS...!! That was the biggest let down. Absolutely no way to gauge the timings on the drag track after each run. Sheer disappointment.

Oh, and that false rumour of GS's drift monsters' guest appearance. Again, huge let down. Was hoping to see the V8 bimmer shimmying down the track.
Noted. Drift was canned due to safety issues and tarmac permissions. However it was confirmed from them that its on from their side (so not false rumour), would have loved to see it myself.

Unfortunately the promoters can only provide what ever is possible to run the event to the highest standards: Brand New Pro Drag System, an Air Strip, some awesome exhibition runs. The rest is responsibility of the Club running the sporting aspect. If you use a Brand New System manually and not utilize the Pro Real Time Software which allows you to project live Rider/Driver data - then promoter cant do jack. However, the next one will have all that corrected.

Quote:
Extremely disgruntled by the mismanagement & a couple of lying Z4 owners who came in saying their cars are 3L non turbo & managed convincing the marshals allowing them to run in the 2000-3000 cc category.

Its an open fact that the Z4 since its launch is selling with the N54 engine which is a 3L turbo.

I'd complained before my run & also after the run to the marshals & organizers but they said they will be shifted to the H4 category when results are sorted, but they did'nt do it, kinda feel cheated

Yup, saw it LIVE from a few feet away, was a treat for sure.
Hope the above written details can clarify why the promoter doesn't really have a say in that matter. However, please do direct your displeasure & matter to: iarcindia@gmail.com
insaneroller is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 11:38   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
Hope the above written details can clarify why the promoter doesn't really have a say in that matter. However, please do direct your displeasure & matter to: iarcindia@gmail.com
Thanks for your response, an email has been sent to the above email id, hope you take the needful action.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 11:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's a Puegot 306 with a mid mounted 2.4L Accord Engine turbo charged and does 13 sec easily but, this time aimer for a better timing

Which car will you be participating in?
The car was a beauty to watch and the performance was insane. She did a 12 second run.

I was in the Audi S4.

Quote:
Not sure how a Z4 came into my category ? As its a 3L turbo & should belong in the > 4000 cc (H4 category)
The Z4 with the Turbo multiplication that is 2995x1.4 would be counted as 4193 cc, taking it to the H3 group. H4 where i was is 4200cc and above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Lowlights; Very poor organizing attempt compared to the last valley run. Categories running mixed through the day, poor SBKs/SCs kept waiting through the hot sun, and all wait little show. Morning was mostly wasted. Most importantly, NO LED SCOREBOARDS...!! That was the biggest let down. Absolutely no way to gauge the timings on the drag track after each run. Sheer disappointment.

Oh, and that false rumour of GS's drift monsters' guest appearance. Again, huge let down. Was hoping to see the V8 bimmer shimmying down the track.
I beg to differ here, The organisers did a fabulous job this time and did everything to the best of their abilities. The event was not only for the SBK's but cars as well and everyone had to get their runs, so complaining only about bikers is wrong here..the car drivers were also standing through the day and in the hot sun. If riders and drivers would not keep asking for practice runs the event would have moved faster. I did see some riders and car drivers fight with the organisers and marshals for practice runs.

The drift cars were to come and it was not a rumour. The owners of the airstrip did not permit it as their surface would get spoilt and its an expensive repair job.

No offence to you but i have just written what i saw and feel as a participant myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
The Lineup of Supercars at the show
The lineup was of more cars, you got some of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I think it came 3rd in the open category. 1st was the AMS GTR which clocked 10.2 or 10.7, don't remember which.

All in all a great day, yes stuff was behind schedule, but I'm sure it will be taken care of next year. Good job insaneroller, looking forward to it next year.
The AMS did a 10.5 and was the fastest time holder. If i am not mistaken the Peugot got second place and the 911 turbo third.

As long as Riders and Drivers keep asking for practice runs before each category..it would be difficult to maintain schedules.

Quote:

Karan the organisers cannot be held for the car owners lies, and also a driver cannot convince a marshall to put him in another category or a category he feels like. The marshals have a sheet with the categories and cars in the category and only then cars are lined up, so please don't say things just for the heck of it.

So i guess you came with the intention of a prize and not for the love of the sport my friend. You still have time to contact IARC, fill in a protest and wait for their reply. I just want to let you know..my car is a 2995 cc as well but after multiplication i am 5391cc, this put me against the likes of the R8 plus, M5 and other cars in the H4 category. I came in 3rd in the class and you don't see me complaining. If i was to be put in my cc alone class (h2), i would have first place. I am not complaining as i entered the event to participate and not to win a prize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Hats off to the owner for getting such a BEAST in the country !
The Car was always a Bombay car and was bound to return after her short vacation abroad.

Insanroller it was a great show put up by you and the team, Hats off to you guys for pulling it through successfully. My group and myself would be there again next year with some more mean machines to support the event. All in all a fun filled day and event, great going and hope to participate in many more.

Last edited by speedy : 28th January 2014 at 11:39.
speedy is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 11:53   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Karan the organisers cannot be held for the car owners lies, and also a driver cannot convince a marshall to put him in another category or a category he feels like. The marshals have a sheet with the categories and cars in the category and only then cars are lined up, so please don't say things just for the heck of it.

So i guess you came with the intention of a prize and not for the love of the sport my friend. You still have time to contact IARC, fill in a protest and wait for their reply. I just want to let you know..my car is a 2995 cc as well but after multiplication i am 5391cc, this put me against the likes of the R8 plus, M5 and other cars in the H4 category. I came in 3rd in the class and you don't see me complaining. If i was to be put in my cc alone class (h2), i would have first place. I am not complaining as i entered the event to participate and not to win a prize.
It is the management who should be informed enough to know that the Z4 has a turbo engine. Just because the owner says it is not, doesn't make it an NA engine.

Karan did actually win a prize. Also I don't understand how you got 5391cc, that is a multiplication factor of 1.8, as far as I'm aware the factor is 1.4 for both turbo and supercharged engines. With the 1.4 multiplication factor yours is 4193cc, and the H4 category is for cars above 4000cc.

What is possible is that there were no cars in Karans H2 category which automatically pushed him into the higher category - But that should have been H3, so I still don't understand how he was racing Z4s which should have been in the H4 category. I mean a 535i with the same engine as the Z4s was in the H4 category.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th January 2014 at 12:04.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 11:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:

The Car was always a Bombay car and was bound to return after her short vacation abroad.
Yes but he did get it back in the city unlike quite a lot of owners who would have thought a hyper powered car like it won't be sensible in a city like ours with not so amazing roads.
He simply could have enjoyed it by keeping in some other country.
The very reason why I appreciated
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 12:02   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My dear speedy,

Bro i had checked the list & there were no Z4s in the H2 category, there were only 4 cars at that point but no Z4s.

Hence the Z4's were incorporated later on.

Quote:
So i guess you came with the intention of a prize and not for the love of the sport my friend. You still have time to contact IARC, fill in a protest and wait for their reply.
Who doesnt come with a intention of winning ?

Losing or coming 2nd is OK, but losing to some one who has CHEATED is absolutely unacceptable.

Anyway, i have sent them an email so let them take care of it.

Quote:
I just want to let you know..my car is a 2995 cc as well but after multiplication i am 5391cc, this put me against the likes of the R8 plus, M5 and other cars in the H4 category. I came in 3rd in the class and you don't see me complaining.
If i was to be put in my cc alone class (h2), i would have first place. I am not complaining as i entered the event to participate and not to win a prize.
Your car is supercharged speedy, so 3x1.4, how can you even think of enrolling in the H2 category ? So obviously you had no scope of complaining or appealing.

Anyway i have emailed them the appeal, im OK with whatever they decide.

karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 12:50   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, i did not participate or come to see the event. I just browsed this thread today and this is my observation:

You announced on 16th December that a drift will take place.

Since you guys are a professional team, i'm sure you must have spoken much before to the airstrip guys regarding permissions for everything.

So not getting permission at the end moment shows that either:
- you did not ask them for permission for the drift
- they back tracked at the last moment - whereby you can ask for a compensation since i'm sure you must have had anything on the paper
- or the drift was just a marketing ploy (in that case, it's WRONG!)

You did not even announce it a few days before the drag that the drift would not happen. Why?

In either case, the paying spectator was cheated.

A doubt (i'm not expert on this subject): an airstrip capable of handling Boeings and Airbus type of heavy aircraft would get spoilt by a drift car doesn't cut ice with me.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 13:33   #45
BANNED

• I'm super thrilled that I won the Diesel Open K1 (upto 1800cc) with a time of 16.014s. Big thanks to Tune-O-Tronics for the awesome race tune!

• We put a herculean effort into this, and I'm glad it paid off. I'll be posting more info on my thread later this week on how we went about preparing for the event, how we arrived at the final race tune, etc. etc.

Some pictures of my car below taken just outside the event:
The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-img_20140126_103550.jpg
The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-img_20140126_103620.jpg
The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-img_20140126_103639.jpg
The Valley Run @ Aamby Valley Air Strip. 25th & 26th Jan, 2014-img_20140126_103715.jpg

Here's a video of my run. Apologies for the poor quality, I'll post something better soon.

They set me up alongside a BMW 3-series from the K2 category, and I was faster than the bimmer too ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Congratulations on the awesome run! That was a mind boggling time indeed!
Quote:
Hey Karan - we met at the event. Congratulations!
I'm treating yours as a win till you sort out the issue with the organisers ;-)

Last edited by kryptonite : 28th January 2014 at 13:44.
kryptonite is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote