| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|5th May 2014, 22:55||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Thanked: 1,963 Times
Rajah Island Auto Sprint - Chavakkad, Kerala
The Rajah Island auto sprint was hosted at the Rajah Island, near Chavakkad, Kerala, on Sunday.
This sprint track was 1.2km long dirt track readied on a private land. The machines were transported on a barge to the island.
Asia Pacific rally champion, Gaurav Gill, registered the fastest driver title with the help of his Mistubishi Evo X World Rally Championship car.
Other prominent drivers included N. Leelakrishnan, Rahul Kantharaj, Den Thimmaiah, Bikku Babu, Suhem Kabir and Harshita Raj Gowda among others.
Final placings (timings on 1.2 km circuit):
1. Suhem Kabir (Mysore, Honda City) 1:36.37s,
2. Dhruva Chandrasekhar (Bang) 1:37.25,
3. Syed Salem Ahmed (Mys) 1:38.88.
Up to 800cc:
1. B.S. Rudresh (Chik) 1:49.09,
2. Abdul Malik (Chvkd),
3. K.H. Adithya (Crg).
1. K.H. Adithya (Crg) 1:39.31s,
2. Lokesh Gowda (Bang),
3. B.S. Rudresh (Chik).
1. Suhem Kabir (Mys) 1:37.34s,
2. K.V. Samarth (Bang),
3. Syed Salman Ahmed (Mys).
1. K.C. Adith (Pkd) 1:42.04s,
2. Rahul Kantharaj (Bang) 1:42.47.
1. Gagan Karumbaiah (Kodagu) 1:47.44s,
2. Suraj Thomas (Ktm),
3. Vinod N. George (Ktm).
1. Prasanth Gowda (Bang) 1:55.47s,
2. Parag C. Dhiwar (Nasik),
3. Adithya R. Dhiwar (Nasik).
1. Ashika Menezes (Bang) 1:49.15s,
2. R. Harshita Gowda (Bang),
3. Pearly Maaney (Ekm).
1. Gaurav Gill (Delhi, Mitsubishi Evo-10) 1:27.62s,
2. Suhem Kabir (Mysore, Honda City) 1:36.37,
3. Dhruva Chandrasekhar (Bang, Honda City) 1:37.25.
Fastest Kerala driver: Bikku Babu.
Sources: IMSC Motorsport FB, The Hindu.
|6th May 2014, 08:14||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2013
Thanked: 4 Times
re: Rajah Island Auto Sprint - Chavakkad, Kerala
Awesome pics!!Does the event take place every year?
Can you please upload any SUV/Jeep pics negotiating the track.
|6th May 2014, 21:56||#3|
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 65 Times
Re: Rajah Island Auto Sprint - Chavakkad, Kerala
|The following BHPian Thanks streetracer_919 for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Last Rajah : Ratan Tata||Zappo||Shifting gears||44||3rd August 2014 14:09|
|The Rajah Creeper - ultra small car unveiled in Auto Expo 2012||foby.sebastian||The Indian Car Scene||30||27th February 2013 14:06|
|Sprint Booster||Sahil||Modifications & Accessories||4||6th April 2011 11:09|
|Bajaj Auto's New Game - XCD Sprint 150/Pulsar 200Fi/New P220||five46||Motorbikes||11||9th November 2008 11:51|
|Study: Women may beat men in sprint by 2156||_Crazi4Speed_||Shifting gears||0||1st October 2004 04:23|