Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 11th June 2014, 20:23   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti-sponsored Dakshin Dare Rally updates rules & ousts Mahindra XUV500

Wosw! I participate in a GV and that means I will also have to sit out. Great going Maruti. The XUVs btw are far more superior than the GVs with the GVs clutch overheat problems....saw this in the Desert Storm this year with both Suresh Rana and Karamjit Singh out on the very first stage. Even we faced the same problem with our GV. Seems like switching over to a GV from the gypsy has not been a great decision after all. Maruti should work on their cars rather than banning out the competition. What can stop Mahindra by pitching in the Quanto with a 4x4 setup...what say. At least they have a vehicle in their stable to go ahead with if need be.
damanshaheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 11:08   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti-sponsored Dakshin Dare Rally updates rules & ousts Mahindra XUV500

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Edit:: Mahindra should go ahead and create / sponsor another BIG event and publicly invite Maruti to the event!
You got it friend ! Every company is allowed to promote their products in events sponsored by them. BTW, Mahindra has also used every cheap and dirty trick available to bend the rules / prices in their favour, so why cry foul now ?

Does Mahindra have the heart to sponsor such a big event and publicly call others ? I have my doubts ! Not with the Outlanders, Fortuners and the REAL SUV around !
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 08:58   #33
BHPian

I think, in the true spirit of keeping motor-sporting events alive in our country, while keeping in mind why such events are being sponsored / organized by auto manufacturers, its best that various categories be introduced. Doing so would weed out allegations against certain auto manufacturers, would ensure a wider audience for participation and serve the sponsor's agenda for primarily being a part of such big events.
Gentle Giant is offline   Reply With Quote