Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 15th January 2015, 12:34   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Thanks @insaneroller. I only wanted a run, didnt care which lane. Very disappointed that there was no light, chill tarmac and rude officials. Will think twice to come for the next episode!
I agree with you, day one was waste of time, stood there all day for 1st run for my polo, day 2 was the run for my bmw, they didn't even bother to tell us in time that no cars will run today, drove back 3 hours to Mumbai with hardly no sleep and woke up again for next day where I had to bring both the cars, then all the technical glitches happen, the day 1 run happened around 2pm next day and sunday run my turn didn't come until 630pm, I lost it and left, all my enthusiasm died, I feel pity for all those who came from outside Mumbai.

Cars and people who still ran in the dark did that cos they definitely wanted to experience it, but it was not right to run in the dark, it was risking themselves.

This only will lead to no enthusiasm for next time.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 16:48   #32
BHPian

Sure Chief. Point noted, Apologies extended & entry was reimbursed to you.

Yes Joel, I guess it can be only you to challenge that timing if you do make it for next time
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 16:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The event was however disappointing due to the stupid time management and unwanted priority given only to super cars and super bikes. The Indian cars were pushed to the end of the day and had no consideration that fully built race cars need ideal track conditions and light. I had my final run at 7.45pm in pitch dark with cold track temp and no light whatsoever even at the finish. I had to lift off 30-40mtrs before finish coz it was too freaky. There was absolutely no concern for safety of the competitors and the officials were downright rude to everyone when asked!
The worst organised Valley run episode in 3 years.

I couldnt agree with you more on everything you just said. It was by far the worst organized event out of the 3 and though they did have issues with timing equipment, Priority was only given to supercars who had multiple runs in ideal conditions and absolutely no consideration was given to Indian Tuned cars. The forced induction category which included most of the highly tuned cars were pushed right till the end and while we were lining up we were informed that our first run which was supposedly a practice run would infact be our Final run.

Quote:
Very disappointed that there was no light, chill tarmac and rude officials. Will think twice to come for the next episode!
Im disappointed with the way things were conducted and the turnout of events and thoroughly disgusted with the rude and inconsiderate behaviour of the officials and just like many others i dont think ill participate in the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Seriously. Apart from the lousy time management, safety was a big concern. People were pulling those launch runs behind the track when there was a crowd all over the place, and I was just hoping there wouldn't be any incident. Even we were desperately waiting for the dedicated racers to be given a shot, but only got superbikes and supercars when the light was right.

At night, the combination of poor lighting and tons of dust really made it difficult to catch the best races. Many people who finished the races lost their patience and left the venue before the final timings were announced.
whats funny is along with the supercars and superbikes who got multiple 'practice' runs even the street stock category was given practice runs but those in the forced induction category were given no practice run and just one final run

we waited for over an hour after the run yet not one official was willing to give us the time. after over an hour i left disappointed and disgusted by the way things were being run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I agree with you, day one was waste of time, stood there all day for 1st run for my polo, day 2 was the run for my bmw, they didn't even bother to tell us in time that no cars will run today, drove back 3 hours to Mumbai with hardly no sleep and woke up again for next day where I had to bring both the cars, then all the technical glitches happen, the day 1 run happened around 2pm next day and sunday run my turn didn't come until 630pm, I lost it and left, all my enthusiasm died, I feel pity for all those who came from outside Mumbai.

Cars and people who still ran in the dark did that cos they definitely wanted to experience it, but it was not right to run in the dark, it was risking themselves.

This only will lead to no enthusiasm for next time.
things really need to be looked into. it was similar the last two years as well i.e cars didnt get a chance to run on the first day but this was jus ridiculous.

Last edited by revtech : 15th January 2015 at 17:01.
revtech is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 15:46   #34
BHPian

Hi S2!!!,

Nice coverage of the drag racing event. Great pictures. Glad to see desi modified cars apart from super cars...

Cheers,
Embee
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 16:39   #35

Some pictures I managed to click. There are a few more but not getting much time to post process it.

About the event, it was good, things can be improved. This is the sole drag racing scene currently happening in India on a large scale. Why not we just put up points we didn't like and let the organizers work on it for future events. The organizer being one among us and is replying to every post here shows that they care for negative reviews too, we can bring everything to their notice and try to get the best for the next event.

Also Elite Octane and Seventh Gear Customs have worked really very hard to put up this event, so I appreciate all their efforts and thank them for keeping the drag culture alive in India. Doing a drag event at a remote place with very little resources and limited time there would definitely be something good and something bad, it definitely takes a lot to pull such an event.

Enjoy the pictures now, more following very soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_7952.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_7948.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_8363.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_7807.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_7837.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_7865.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_7870.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_8035.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_8065.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_8133.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_8539.jpg  

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_8071.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2015 at 16:21. Reason: Typos
manishmk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 16:52   #36
BHPian

I for one almost gave up on my run. However I just realised for a second the sleepless nights and countless hours spent on the car and the effort we took to even get there and just controlled my emotion. I had taken all the trouble to come there and win, didnt want anything holding me back. I couldnt care about my own safety.

The superbike and super cars are the only ones in the pics, none of the indian machines are anywhere even in their album. Shows how much importance and priority they gives.
There is no respect for a tuned indian machine.
You can see thousands of youtube videos of a GTR, porsche or an S1000RR or whatever. These Indian machines are specials, built with a lot of time, effort and money. The organisers can never get that into their head. Flashy machines is all that they care about.
fieroid is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 18:02   #37

Quote:
I for one almost gave up on my run. However I just realised for a second the sleepless nights and countless hours spent on the car and the effort we took to even get there and just controlled my emotion. I had taken all the trouble to come there and win, didnt want anything holding me back. I couldnt care about my own safety.

The superbike and super cars are the only ones in the pics, none of the indian machines are anywhere even in their album. Shows how much importance and priority they gives.
There is no respect for a tuned indian machine.
You can see thousands of youtube videos of a GTR, porsche or an S1000RR or whatever. These Indian machines are specials, built with a lot of time, effort and money. The organisers can never get that into their head. Flashy machines is all that they care about.
I have pics of Indian cars, especially yours, will be putting up shortly. I was there waiting for your runs and saw how you guys were celebrating after you returned from your run.

Also I am someone who prefers watching two stroke motorcycles and turbo cars over supercars and superbikes. The only supercar I always wait for during every events so far is the Nissan GTR R35 as I'm a fan of that car. Now that some of the GTR's have got AMS Alpha treatment then one can't afford to miss it's run.

Organizers must keep a track of previous event and try keeping the event for 3 days instead of 2 days so that every participants gets their practice runs plus final runs. I just say lets hope for a better event in the future.
manishmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 13:52   #38
BHPian

This was a very very disappointing experience.

I went there on the first day with my v6 accord. Got there at 9 am, as was instructed for scrutiny. Waited around the entire day without anything happening at all. I realised that they were running 5 hours late. Finally at 5 they made an announcement that no cars would be running on this day. We were told to come back the next morning at 7am.

I guess this is why the racing scene in India is pathetic. Absolutely no respect for people who drive down enthusiastically for an event, and a complete Chalta Hai attitude. I have attended events around the world, I have to say this was by far the worst organised.

Needless to say, I did not return the next day. I lost the money i paid for entering, have yet to see any form of racing license that I also paid for, and
the entry fees for a friend who I brought with me. More importantly, I wasted a day and my time.

I did however gain an insight into why the racing culture in India doesn't exist.
tvrspeed12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 14:41   #39
BHPian

The results do not indicate which vehicle they were riding/driving. Any chance of getting that?
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 03:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
The results do not indicate which vehicle they were riding/driving. Any chance of getting that?
You should be able to see all the vehicles in the other sheet. "Participant".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrspeed12 View Post
This was a very very disappointing experience.

I went there on the first day with my v6 accord. Got there at 9 am, as was instructed for scrutiny. Waited around the entire day without anything happening at all. I realised that they were running 5 hours late. Finally at 5 they made an announcement that no cars would be running on this day. We were told to come back the next morning at 7am.

I guess this is why the racing scene in India is pathetic. Absolutely no respect for people who drive down enthusiastically for an event, and a complete Chalta Hai attitude. I have attended events around the world, I have to say this was by far the worst organised.

Needless to say, I did not return the next day. I lost the money i paid for entering, have yet to see any form of racing license that I also paid for, and
the entry fees for a friend who I brought with me. More importantly, I wasted a day and my time.

I did however gain an insight into why the racing culture in India doesn't exist.
If this was your first one, then I'm glad you didn't make it when it was run by the so called pros. However, no excuse for the delay - it was unforeseen and surely not intended as we really can't predict that a wind gust will wipe out the entire end line sensors & on day-2 crack the main one. We are glad that we somehow completed all classes come what may. Going forward, plenty of action & opportunities to ensure we can make it up for our dedicated Indian Car participants.

Note from Support - Please use the "Multi-Quote" feature to reply to multiple posts instead of submitting back to back posts. See this (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP) for more information on how to use the Multi-Quote feature.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th January 2015 at 14:33. Reason: posts merged
insaneroller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 13:09   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
If this was your first one, then I'm glad you didn't make it when it was run by the so called pros. However, no excuse for the delay - it was unforeseen and surely not intended as we really can't predict that a wind gust will wipe out the entire end line sensors & on day-2 crack the main one. We are glad that we somehow completed all classes come what may. Going forward, plenty of action & opportunities to ensure we can make it up for our dedicated Indian Car participants.
Sorry to say sensor going off agreed no one can do anything about it, its unfortunate, but day one schedule and the late start on day one was unwanted, lets accept it was very well mismanaged with no communication to the participants what soever who kept waiting in the sun all day long.

Already mentioned when the sensor were being changed they made only super car run on the track multiple times, people who had paid money were only looking on to the track for 1 and half days, they could have given mixed run to various classes.

Day 1 also the event started very late, people like me who had 2 cars 1 each day and not staying back in lonavala had a issue bringing both cars back the next day and getting hardly any sleep.

Everyone paid the money for the event, it wasn't a free ride, the event happened due to the monies not as an exhibition, this much respect to the participants should have been given who made the event possible.

I am also amazed with the scrutiny procedure, not even bothered to open the bonnet to check and ask the mods, anyone can literally registered in any class.

Yes somehow the classes were completed, I did see a video here where someone is driving in the dark, it was so dangerous.

No offence to you personally, this is for the organisers if they are reading here.

Last edited by The Saint : 19th January 2015 at 13:13.
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 13:52   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
this is for the organisers if they are reading here.
My friend the organizer is here (me) and listen to every word so that things can be improved going forward.

Note from Support - Quoted post shortened. Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th January 2015 at 14:35.
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 13:41   #43
BHPian

Some feedback on the event, a great platform and location for drag races and thank you all for taking the interest and pain to conduct the same, some points which can really improved:

Availability of Pits for teams to work on their bikes and cars, too much dirt in a small clutch of place, creates a lot of issues for the bikes and cars.

Back to back practice run and actual races, practice runs help us to fig out the ideal bike and rider setup, back to back, gives us no room for making any minor adjustments or fixes, puts too much stress on everybody, as these are high strung machines, request you all to complete the practice runs for all classes and then move to final races.

Maintaining a proper schedule, as guys get dragged out to the track and are made to wait endlessly without any proper info on the actual run, its very taxing and stressful.

Hope you can take these feedback and try to sort them out to the max.
Khodays is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote