Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 19th January 2016, 10:38   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A suggestion!

At the venue, it'll be hard to meet BHPians we haven't interacted with before. So lets set a meeting point close to the venue and drive together to the NSCI from there.

Lets meet at Mafco on the Worli Seaface at 730 sharp. Sharing the link on Google Maps just to ensure we're on the same page.

We'll then head to the NSCI, meet our navigators and line up at the start line. Flag-off is at 0900 hours.

What say?
Excellent idea! See you at 0730 sharp
rohansachar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 14:26   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January

Have confirmed & mailed all the documents to Vishal.
Looking forward to meeting all at MAFCO.
1. GTO
2. Yatrik
3. Xsrahul
4. harishv
5. Aditya
6. rohansachar
7. reverse_gear
8. Nariman
Nariman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 15:47   #33
bhp
BHPian

Added myself to the confirmed list.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

1. GTO
2. Yatrik
3. Xsrahul
4. harishv
5. Aditya
6. rohansachar
7. reverse_gear
8. Nariman
9. bhp
bhp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 21:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Emailed everything to vishal, Hope everything is fine.
1. GTO
2. Yatrik
3. Xsrahul
4. harishv
5. Aditya
6. rohansachar
7. reverse_gear
8. Nariman
9. bhp
10. tanveer_2558

Looking forward to meet everyone.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 08:12   #35
BHPian

Hi all, I'm glad my prior commitments have been sorted, and I too will be participating in the 2016 Blind Man Car Rally!

While I'd emailed copies of the entry form, indemnity form, driving licence and passport-sized photograph to Vishal earlier, I didn't get around to transferring the funds electronically until this morning. GTO, can you please PM me a phone number so that I can follow up to make sure my entry is not rejected? Thanks!

If all goes well, Eva (my white Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI Zeal) and I will see the rest of you at Mafco on the Worli Sea Face at 7:30am on Sunday, January 24.

Looks like we now have the numbers to form a Team BHP XI:

1. GTO
2. Yatrik
3. Xsrahul
4. harishv
5. Aditya
6. rohansachar
7. reverse_gear
8. Nariman
9. bhp
10. tanveer_2558
11. Hawkeye269

Hawkeye269 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post
While I'd emailed copies of the entry form, indemnity form, driving licence and passport-sized photograph to Vishal earlier, I didn't get around to transferring the funds electronically until this morning. GTO, can you please PM me a phone number so that I can follow up to make sure my entry is not rejected? Thanks!
Vishal's mobile number is there on the form. You could call him directly and confirm.

BTW, I have been told specifically by Vishal on phone and also in his email that we have to report at 7am sharp at NSCI. They will be handing out the starting order and stickers only at that time.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:41   #37
BHPian

same query as reverse gear regarding reporting at NSCI at 7am.

What is the status of the MAFCO meet?
Nariman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
A suggestion!

At the venue, it'll be hard to meet BHPians we haven't interacted with before. So lets set a meeting point close to the venue and drive together to the NSCI from there.

Lets meet at Mafco on the Worli Seaface at 730 sharp. Sharing the link on Google Maps just to ensure we're on the same page.

We'll then head to the NSCI, meet our navigators and line up at the start line. Flag-off is at 0900 hours.

What say?
Considering the time has been now made 0700, should we all meet earlier? Actually around 0700 at Mafco, since from there we can reach the NSCI in 10 mins.
rohansachar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:36   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Received the following email. Pasting it here in case anyone missed it. Also attaching the two documents from the email.

Quote:
Hi,

Attached please find your briefing points & Comp. Information Bulletin 1. Go through them thoroughly .

Note the time of start as been advanced to 8.45 am and your stating order will only be displayed at the notice board at 7 am.

Also note you need to carry your original Driving Licence, RC book and the Insurance of the Vehicle which will be checked at the time of registration.

Additionally you need to submit your Valid driving license copy to us at the registration.

Please make the Driving Licence copy beforehand and bring as we do not have xeroxing facility at the registration desk. This is mandatory.
participants briefing points e-mail.docx

The Blind Man Rally - Comp. info Bulletin 1.docx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Considering the time has been now made 0700, should we all meet earlier?
No one is going to get there at 7 .

Okay, lets us meet at Mafco at 0715. We'll drive from there together. While they are saying the flag-off is at 0845, those down the starting order (e.g. no. 60) will not start before 0945 - 1000 hours.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

0715 at mafco done! I am at number 93 though, Umm..
I have just soo many doubts regarding the event but it seems ill just go with the flow and see what happens.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 09:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Vishal's mobile number is there on the form. You could call him directly and confirm.
Thanks, reverse_gear. I tried calling Vishal on his mobile a few times, but his phone is either engaged or he doesn't pick up (the former I guess because he must be busy with the event, and the latter probably because he doesn't recognise my number)...

Quote:
Received the following email. Pasting it here in case anyone missed it. Also attaching the two documents from the email.
So now I'm obviously worried that I haven't received this (or any other) email from the organisers. This lack of communication is very frustrating... FWIW, I checked the rules online (http://www.sportscraftindia.com/pdf/355_bmr_2016_SR.pdf), and Rule 3.5.1 clearly states that "Entry forms duly filled, conforming to these regulations along with the appropriate entry Fees must be submitted to the organizers not later than Friday 22nd January16 at 1300 hrs," so it's not even as though I was late with my submission of documentation / remittance of entry fee!!

Quote:
Okay, lets us meet at Mafco at 0715. We'll drive from there together.
Looking forward to seeing you all at 7:15 at Mafco... and keeping my fingers crossed that Vishal & co will pull their act together and send me an email already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
0715 at mafco done!
I have just soo many doubts regarding the event but it seems ill just go with the flow and see what happens.
I hear you, brother, will follow your lead and go with the flow...
Old 23rd January 2016, 09:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
So now I'm obviously worried that I haven't received this (or any other) email from the organisers. This lack of communication is very frustrating... FWIW, I checked the rules online
Check out the attached file with the list of participants and navigators. Check if your name is on that. If it's there, you are good to go. If not, then call Sportscraft at 23677631 and ask them what to do.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 10:38   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks, reverse_gear. I tried calling Vishal on his mobile a few times, but his phone is either engaged or he doesn't pick up (the former I guess because he must be busy with the event, and the latter probably because he doesn't recognise my number)
The event organisation this year is TERRIBLY SHODDY .

I recently got to know that one can register for the event via bookmyshow.com. This wasn't shared with us earlier. Would've made things so much simpler instead of sending cheques / NEFT transfers.

The schedule wasn't shared with us at the start either. Until a couple of days after the registration, I didn't even know what time the event starts.

Now, not replying to phone calls or emails of participants taking time out for charity is just not done.

@ Hawkeye269: Please come tomorrow morning and meet us at Mafco. Just got off the phone with Vishal and he said '99% he'll fit you in'.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 13:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Check out the attached file with the list of participants and navigators. Check if your name is on that. If it's there, you are good to go. If not, then call Sportscraft at 23677631 and ask them what to do.
Thanks, reverse_gear, unfortunately my name doesn't appear on that list. I called Vishal a couple of times but he's not taking calls, he just disconnects. Took your advice and spoke directly to Sportscraft. I think they connected me to the owner, who's a really gracious chap. He apologised on behalf of Round Table India (RTI) and Vishal (even though this whole mess wasn't even his or Sportscraft's fault!), and let me know that he too was frustrated that they haven't been responding to anybody's emails or phone calls. Unfortunately he couldn't help because the deadline he was given was different from the one set out in Rule 3.5.1...

Quote:

I recently got to know that one can register for the event via bookmyshow.com. This wasn't shared with us earlier. Would've made things so much simpler instead of sending cheques / NEFT transfers.

The schedule wasn't shared with us at the start either. Until a couple of days after the registration, I didn't even know what time the event starts.

Now, not replying to phone calls or emails of participants taking time out for charity is just not done.

@ Hawkeye269: Please come tomorrow morning and meet us at Mafco. Just got off the phone with Vishal and he said '99% he'll fit you in'.
Wow, thank you for taking the time and interest, GTO, truly appreciate it. I'll definitely be there to meet with you as well as the others, and hopefully will get a chance to participate as well!
Old 23rd January 2016, 13:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, extremely poor management this year. I was out of town and just got back last night so have not called my navigator yet, but many people complaining either navigator number is wrong or some navigator cant make it, there is also a case where the person has no idea about what the rally is and that he even is a participant !

Saves everyone's saturday for pairing, but to be honest, now it seems saturday pairing is necessary.

Even on the WhatsApp group, many people have doubts, Vishal & Co. have simply asked all participants to contact Sportscraft. Which I think they could have handled better.

Anyway, see you guys at MAFCO at 0715 tomorrow. I'm in a white Verna.
yatrik is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote