Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 21st December 2006, 20:52   #31
BHPian

The event's supposed to start by 8 - might go there by 8-9 to have a look - but I aint gonna race early - will see soem action and then venture out.
zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 22:02   #32
BANNED

Hey , Ill be there by about 9-9.30 though I too will wait for others to hit teh track and settle it down before venturing out to make a fool of myself ...

My car numbers are -- zen - 82, Palio - 100 !!!!

Aza@ what time you guys coming there .. and I thought you guys were at teh track in the evening .
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 13:24   #33
BHPian

Khaadu's done pretty well - he's got times of 104.xxx and 107.xxx in the zen and palio respectively which puts him somewhere near the top of the board.(He was even faster than a black rally baleno !)
Fastest time till now was a 101.xx in a zen IIRC

I had a dismal day - Spun out on the long right hander both times and posted some pretty miserable times - im definitely not qualifying.
It seems that I went in a bit too fast and on braking, my rear end just lost the plot. - spun 90 degrees once and once plowed straight into the buntings.

:( ... i should have realised that while coming in too fast was never an issue in my carb esteem , in the baleno it definitely is. The whole race I had a hard time trying to keep it straight and not lost it - sadly it happened twice and i lost 5-10 secionds both time - got times of 121 and 131 seconds....

Arush was there in his neato GTO - not taking part of course - but would have been fun to see it.

There was a dune buggy which looked and sounded the part but it just stalled halfway and then plodded on behind a rally gypsy.
There was also one brave soul who wa sthere in an Omni ! Hats off to him !

best of luck Khaadu !

zaphod out..... will be back next year with some sense drilled into my brain aboyut how to drive in the mud.

Last edited by zaphod : 22nd December 2006 at 13:25.
zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 15:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up He's done REALLY great!!!

Just spoke to him, he's come out third in the Zen category......GREAT GOING Saazid, keep it up!!!

And BEST OF LUCK for the d-day tomorrow - hope you manage to show the so-called "regulars" a clean pair of heels

Last edited by suman : 22nd December 2006 at 15:46.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 16:42   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Just spoke to him, he's come out third in the Zen category......GREAT GOING Saazid, keep it up!!!

And BEST OF LUCK for the d-day tomorrow - hope you manage to show the so-called "regulars" a clean pair of heels
Hey, After I spoke with you I checked back at the venue and I had slipped to 5th ... but that will hold !! Anyways from tom onwards its a knock out stage so timings wudnt matter at all ... Had a good clean run in the zen with out pushiung too hard so Im sure I can shave of a few more seconds of todays timings ....

MESSED UP in the open category with the Palio .... the track had just been watered and i went out on normal tyres and sure enough teh rear kept going out -- clocked 1.07.xx secs , but dont think ill manage in the top 16 !! Also the Palios engine has smoked out so even if i did make it thru I wudnt have managed running too well .... BUT IT WAS FUN !!!

Lets see how tom goes ....

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2006, 17:13   #36
BANNED

Hey, Some pics of me in action ...

SHOW STEALER .... but the clutch gave it problmes so we cudnt see it in full flight :-( !!

More after the event is over ........

Last edited by khaadu75 : 22nd December 2006 at 17:17.
Old 22nd December 2006, 22:07   #37
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Default Day1.

Day1 Qualifying!!!

KHAADU pwn3d all lol ... no kidding and our ZAPHOD did good too other than the spins.

A few pics from my cellphone

Saazid lining up for the first run...

ZAPHOD lining up for the first run.

Dune buggy : A Big Anti climax.

Timing sheet for the ZEN Category check out our SAAZID

Timing sheet for the OPEN CATEGORY.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 22:24   #38
aZa
Senior - BHPian

:: Northern Motorsport ::

Results : Qualifiers

Congrats Saazid on Qualifying in the ZEN category!!!!
Old 22nd December 2006, 22:26   #39
BANNED

Aza @ Thanx for the timing sheets .. but Im feeling so BAD that I messed up in the OPEN Category !! I shud have waited a bit longer to get out on the track .... I so badly want to drive the Palio again on teh track as I know I can shave of a few seconds very easily and be around the 1 mark ... and I wont have this car till the next event

Anyways see you guys in the mroning ... Racing starts at 8 so be there !! Hope to atleast get thru the next round .... and most probably it will be 2 laps from now on, so more chances of making mistakes .

Cheers

PS -- Thanx .. but I wanna make it to the last 4 atleast -- that will be good specially when Im the only one with a complete stock zen in the top 10 zens . You saw how well modded the others were !!!

Last edited by khaadu75 : 22nd December 2006 at 22:28.
Old 23rd December 2006, 00:44   #40
aZa
Senior - BHPian

The other news of the day was our very own CAROHOLIC1 taking part in the autocross in his STOCK SANTRO type1. Here are a few pics that i clicked of his

For a first timer he did a very good job clocking a 1.24 time and bringing back the car in one peice, And the whole crowd was like "OYE A SANTRO ON THE TRACKKK" hehehe !!
Old 23rd December 2006, 11:26   #41
BHPian

CARAHOLIC , I salute you for your great effort. You have shown people that a santro can also be driven like a sports car. Great.
princesri1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006, 14:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on qualifying for the finals Khaadu, now go get them you milkman Bring us atleast a podium finish!!!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006, 17:01   #43
BHPian

Guys it was an awesome experience. Had a lot of fun. Here are a few pics from my cam will post the complete details very soon.

All the Members together. Oh man i'm missing in the pic!!!

Last edited by caroholic1 : 23rd December 2006 at 17:02.
caroholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006, 17:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesri1981 View Post
CARAHOLIC , I salute you for your great effort. You have shown people that a santro can also be driven like a sports car. Great.
Thanks buddy but frankly i was a little bit scared bout my santro at that time.
caroholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006, 17:28   #45
BHPian

Guyz,Whats the scene like for tommrow(finals)???? what time will the action start?

did the event get delayed today coz of the fog?
dhirajs is offline   Reply With Quote