Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 25th December 2006, 13:42   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Nice pics caroholi1!!!
Thanks bro.

Guys once again do let me know if you need more pics.
caroholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2006, 13:58   #62
BHPian

carholic keep them coming....
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2006, 10:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
carholic keep them coming....
Here you go.......

Old 26th December 2006, 17:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

well done buddy nice pics

remind me to bring a gift for you in the next meet, choices are- ek choclate ya do hajmola .!!

cheers
faithless

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 26th December 2006 at 17:43.
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2006, 18:19   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@caroholic1:nice pics...dude you should really try your hand at professional photography.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2006, 18:52   #66
BHPian

Thanks Faithless1984 & Hellspawn.
@Hellspawn- I wish i could get a chance like that.

Last edited by caroholic1 : 26th December 2006 at 18:58.
Old 3rd January 2007, 19:01   #67
BHPian

Hi folks,

I'm in Madurai at the mo. Left the day after the autocross for bombay to spend christmas and new years with my wife.

Damn, I thought I'd done pretty well in my esteem in 02,03 and 04 but the way I drove the baleno was bad...

I stood on the brakes, never used teh throttle to steer and most of all , entered the turns too fast and then overcorrected , spinning around.... sheesh.... should have realised that the baleno was a different beast as compared to my old faithful esteem.... there going too fast was never an issue ! In short I made every mistake I could have....

Even on my second run, I though I'd take care of the slow right hander where I picked up speed and lost the rear end but like an idiot I went in too fast , plowed through the buntings and spun around..... 10 seconds slower than my first run which was bad enough at 121.

Will be back next year after having driven the baleno a bit - at least taking it above 4k revvs ....

Right now I'm trying to settle in Madurai, waiting for the car - yes - back to buses for the next week but will then have the Palio Adventure to drive - 150Kms a day !.... New tyres and a CD player and I should be happy.

It was nice meeting Hellspawn, aZa, Khaadu and Arush.... I guess I've become known as the serial ditcher of Team-BHP ....

Now I'll just stay here , work my fat *** off and then come bak and hopefully take part in Desert Storm in the NAV category.

cheers folks

see you when I get back to dilli - its hot here and Im really missing the winter.

zaphod
zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 01:28   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@zaphod:it was great to have you here.dont worry you did a lot better than most of us could have done.hope you enjoyed the mini meet.
and get the palio adventure in the desert storm,it already has a great suspension and off road tires.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 22:21   #69
BANNED

Zaphod, How I wud have luvd to do it in a baleno ... thats the most fun car out there on a track like that -- and there was no need of using ur brakes anywhere , all u needed to do was left foot braking , slide in and power out ;-) !!!

Next year maybe !!!
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 16:44   #70
BHPian

hellspawn, yup - sure enjoyed meeting up - will definitely make it for whatever meet is happening when I get back to delhi.

I'd have loved to take part in the open category in the Adventure but the tyres were finito - dead infact.

The car's now on it's way here to Madurai as we needed a vehicle and buying a new one was not on the cards.

Khaadu - you did really well in your zen - your run teh first day was near flawless.
I guess when I meet up with you I'll take some tips from you about driving the baleno in the autocross- - I started off quite a bit nervous this time as I hadn't taken part for three years and being a (almost)new car which I haven't really pushed to the limits I wasn't too confident ... which resulted in the mad 'I'm going too fast-I'll brake hard' idiocy on my part. I never tried left foot braking as I was too afraid of losing control (which I did anyway). I couldn't really try powering out of the corners as I'd lost all grip by then and the rear end wanted to come all the way around. When I went straight into the buntings, I thought I'd lost my steering but it was just the front wheels losing it. turning them just didn't help. Some tips would be really appreciated.

but still I had a lot of fun driving around.... the raw thrill of being bounced around wasn't there this time - smoother track or was it teh light esteem which gave that feeling ? - had a great time anyway...

be back next year and by god, I'll qualify - done it once , will do it again.

zaphod
zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote