Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 19th February 2007, 12:39   #16
elf
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Samurai : 19th February 2007 at 12:51.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 19th February 2007, 12:45   #17
BHPian

i not planing to participate or come without getting some vip passes
paras211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 13:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think you guys would have been better off taking sam's advice & heading straight to sea lords. he he
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 13:38   #19
BHPian

yes guys cops were horrible they were abusing people like anything i dont understand hindi but know bad words they abusing people in the ways even i was ashamed to hear those words,even i changed my car 3,4 times due to these idiot people who were showing off out side and this what happend to one of them while racing outside :
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 13:40   #20
BHPian

poor show...
they whacked my my mechanic in the pit area....my friends in the vip class and he wanted to go to pee and come back.... he had his pass and still !!!! :( bad bad bad...
team dragstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 14:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infact they didnt even allow Hormadad Sohrabjee to come into the VIP Park Ferme area.. Cops said go around and come...
Hope he learnt something!
Quote:
They pushed even Narain Kartikayen while in the midst of an interview.. First they pushed the interviewer and then pushed him aside and said "who are you.. go behind.. go out"..
D@mn those mumbai cops!!!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 14:27   #22
Team-BHP Support

It's generally the same thing here stand in the hot sun. no parking arrangements just park wherever you want at jakkur. people will be showing off on the side.

Last time 2 cars had big accident on the side. it was too fun to see the birdbrains fighting afterwards.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 14:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team dragstar View Post
poor show...
they whacked my my mechanic in the pit area....my friends in the vip class and he wanted to go to pee and come back.... he had his pass and still !!!! :( bad bad bad...

Guess they had given away more passes than the seats available.
The spectators sitting on trees seemed to be enjoying better than us.
I mean even with a VIP pass a persons not allowed in then its a sure shot failure on the part of organisers & admin.

We all know that its all falling on deaf ears...... but I can't supress my dissapointment :(

@ ssl2uv108 - Wisely you decided not to come for the meet & chill out at home on sunday......but u missed some good competition
autozealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 15:10   #24
elf
BANNED

Everyone seems disappointed with the SpeedRun & it's organization, & this seems to happen every year.

If you guys would like to do something about it, maybe we can start a new thread or PM me. If the numbers (ideas, financial & people) seem considerable enough, maybe we can use our considerable collective resources to come up with a better event of our own.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 15:19   #25
BHPian

the first day I paid an "entry fee" to get in, second day just could not manage.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 15:29   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
the first day I paid an "entry fee" to get in, second day just could not manage.
Who did you pay and WHY? There was no entry fee. What you ended up paying was a bribe someone asked for? Did you get a ticket or something to enter? I did not pay a single rupee to enter instead used some confident talks to walk inside.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 15:48   #27
BHPian

I managed to enter the main (opp. VIP gate) with some talks, but to go further, the security guard had to bribed. and that was the only way i could watch the competition. What i intend to tell is, i would be more than happy to pay an entry fee normally , which will also allow me to watch the show in a proper manner, instead of going through all the fuss.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 15:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot View Post
Guess they had given away more passes than the seats available.
The spectators sitting on trees seemed to be enjoying better than us.
I mean even with a VIP pass a persons not allowed in then its a sure shot failure on the part of organisers & admin.
all people with pull were just sent in without any pass or anything i saw a cop tell the security guys to allow 6 fools in cause they knew some inspector or summin.

loads of people walked in as press ....!!!
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 16:41   #29
elf
BANNED

Here's a thread I started for you guys to make some suggestions if you wish.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...-speedrun.html
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 16:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

I shot a mail to the editorial of Autocar about your feedback and with in minutes i got a reply from Hormazd himself

Here is the mail I have sent:

Hi

I didn’t find any other mail ID to whom I can mail the feedback on the Speedrun 2007. Hope this message reaches the right people in Autocar.

I belong to an online India automobile forum www.team-bhp.com. We are one of the biggest of it’s kind in India with more than 10,000 members from all over the country who breathe and live automobiles. Every year a lot of excitement is built in the forum around your Speedrun events in Mumbai and Bangalore. We had many participants in the Speedrun from the forum and few of them have won prizes too. There are many members from the forum among the spectators that come to your events

Post event, the feedback that is posted on the forum by the members who have attended the event is something that should go to the notice of Autocar. In events of these type, it’s difficult to know the pulse of the audience. I believe you will have very limited access to the people’s feedback. Among the visitors that come to your event, there are many categories:

1. People who got VIP pass and Speedrun is a time pass for otherwise boring weekend. These people just forget about the event the next Monday.

2. The general public who come there to just see the crowd and the machines. To them a Ferrari is no different from a San Storm.

3. The third and most important group is the hard core automobile enthusiasts group. These people as I said live and breathe cars. These are the only people that really cares for the times that you display after each run. These people are the only ones that can understand what a super charger is or what a free flow exhaust is. These are the only people who talk about Speedrun for many days after the event is over and keep waiting for the next one. There are people from the forum who flew all the way from Bangalore, Chennai & New Delhi for the event. I believe the feedback and expectations from these people is what I believe is most important for you to work on the levels for the next round of the event.

There were many appreciations and few brickbats for the just concluded Mumbai round of Speedrun. I believe team-bhp is filled with people from the third category I mentioned above and suggestions from them are the most important. I am attaching links to the discussions on team-bhp about the Speedrun.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...-speedrun.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...nces-here.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...-run-07-a.html

Hope this information helps you
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote