Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2007, 13:23   #1
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default Gaurav Gill to drive for MRF in APRC

Link to the whole writeup..

Times of India

Gaurav Gill to drive for MRF in APRC- Other Sports-Sections-Indiatimes Sport


Hindu
The Hindu : Sport / Racing : Motor : APRC: MRF ropes in Gaurav Gill
Yahoo
Gill set for a bumpy ride in APRC

Last edited by jerish666 : 28th February 2007 at 13:24.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 17:47   #2
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

He looks quiet satisfied after being given a chance to exploit more out of his potential!!!!


Today's local daily had this pic. Courtesy: Malayala Manorama Online
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 18:16   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,964
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

First,Naren leaves MRF to join JK becos they chose Foreign drivers for APRC and didnt want to give Indian drivers(with potential) a chance.
Now,MRF picks up a dude from JK team and asks him to drive in the APRC.

This is so unfair!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 18:17   #4
BANNED
 
khaadu75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: same as the proposed venue for F1 ;-)
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
He looks quiet satisfied after being given a chance to exploit more out of his potential!!!!


Today's local daily had this pic. Courtesy: Malayala Manorama Online
Who wudnt be ... Id have a broader smile !!! Its not everyday that an Indian gets to drive in the APRC .... that too backed by a full pro team ...

Just hope he gives us Indians some drives to enjoy .....

Nitrous@ Life aint fair at all at times ..... its just a matter of right place right time for GaURAV Gill .

Last edited by khaadu75 : 28th February 2007 at 18:19.
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 19:37   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Shan2nu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Posts: 5,525
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

From what i've seen, he seems to be a really talented driver, good luck to him.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 23:19   #6
BHPian
 
chetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 466
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

gill is talented alright..he is the only driver who is capable of challenging narane's stage times he is the only one who can give him a good fight and win..lets see what he can do

Last edited by chetan : 28th February 2007 at 23:22.
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 00:03   #7
BHPian
 
sreedotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 215
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
First,Naren leaves MRF to join JK becos they chose Foreign drivers for APRC and didnt want to give Indian drivers(with potential) a chance.
Now,MRF picks up a dude from JK team and asks him to drive in the APRC.

This is so unfair!
@ nitrous I guess it is more about marketability. Age factor and skills equivalent Gaurav is the horse to back. It is not that Naren did not get a chance in APRC, I believe he did drive a few rallies but MRF motorsport was not a top team then. It was akin to getting a chance with a Minardi in F1 where as Gaurav is joining the Mclaren Stable.

Just my 2 Paise thought
sreedotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 22:11   #8
BHPian
 
papps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 270
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Great news.. nice to see an Indian driver back in the APRC.. Best of luck to him.. well he has lot of competition next year in the APRC.. but hope he gives us something to cheer about..

his teammates will be 2005 champion Jussi Valimaki and 1999 champion Katsuhiko Taguchi

Power Pictures - Television & Video
papps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 22:32   #9
BHPian
 
rranjith_kum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Coimbatore/ Aachen
Posts: 693
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Hope the MRF retains him atleast...
i should agree with nitrous.... the MRF is totally unfair...
atleast with Gill going... the rally in india might see a improvement or else with just multiple champs like Mr. Naren and Mr.Leela .... what else is the point to prove for indian rally???

@sreedotk : i guess the offer for gill is MRF's answer to tackle the mass marketing and sales strategies of Apollo as they are hitting the news often....
if MRF wanted to give offer they could have done it earlier itself...
its just what i think of could be their idea.
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 00:22   #10
BHPian
 
jigarmuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
From what i've seen, he seems to be a really talented driver, good luck to him.

Shan2nu
dude he is super talented... i have driven with him for 2 full seasons...and he is a very very close buddy.... tat guy is GOD when it comes to anything with wheels...! not a lot of ppl outside racing or rallying know this... but he has been at the top in bike autocross,motocross,rallying.... Car racing,rallying, Gokarting...! not matter where u put him....he has never learned to finish 2nd..! .... Trust me tat guy is a maniac when it comes to street driving also..! He is someone who doesnt even need a very good machine to drive... haha... he is so good... u give him not so good machine and he will still perform...!
jigarmuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 01:54   #11
BANNED
 
khaadu75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: same as the proposed venue for F1 ;-)
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigarmuni View Post
dude he is super talented... i have driven with him for 2 full seasons...and he is a very very close buddy.... tat guy is GOD when it comes to anything with wheels...! not a lot of ppl outside racing or rallying know this... but he has been at the top in bike autocross,motocross,rallying.... Car racing,rallying, Gokarting...! not matter where u put him....he has never learned to finish 2nd..! .... Trust me tat guy is a maniac when it comes to street driving also..! He is someone who doesnt even need a very good machine to drive... haha... he is so good... u give him not so good machine and he will still perform...!

I agree with you on that ,,, ive seen him on his bike once on the streets of Delhi ... and was he ripping it ??? He definitely is good ... and we him when he flags of at the 1st round of the APRC

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rally School with Gaurav Gill - Bangalore speedmiester Indian Motorsport 31 2nd November 2010 19:33
Gaurav Gill wins the International Rally of Queensland speedmiester Int'l Motorsport 2 2nd August 2010 19:16
Gaurav Gill Wins APRC Rally of Indonesia!!! Manoj Biswas Indian Motorsport 12 26th April 2010 11:54
Gaurav Gill's Web Site c10 Indian Motorsport 0 3rd April 2010 11:26
aprc pune pics speedsatya Indian Motorsport 7 25th January 2005 16:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks