Yep ! I want to burn rubber and also need accomodation 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2007, 11:18   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
Can you guys also let me know who has already been for at least 1 track day, and who all are first-timers. We might consider 1 session on the full track.

and also who all have already driven single-seaters earlier.
Psycho has been to two track days and two unoffical ones .. Ajmat has been to one track day and one unofficial one .. v1p3r has been to 2 track days and one unofficial .. memo45 has been to 2 track days and 2 unofficial .. Wolf and shantanu have been to one track day .. Tadukutton has been to 1 unofficial track day .. Anush has been to two official track days .. Jay has been to one unoffical track day too .. I have been to 3 track days and 2 unofficial ones .. These are the guys who will take part this time around too that i can think off ..

Regarding the single seaters memo has driven the swift lgbs , psycho has driven the lgbs too , anush has driven the fissme , i have driven the fissme's and the lgb's ..

Ajit , dont worry we will make sure the stuff if lands within the 15th will be done in a weeks time giving you enough time to get used to the car before taking it to the track .. A few of us could be running in our cars upto the track ..
Old 5th March 2007, 11:35   #17
elf
BANNED

Sorry guys, won't be able to make it for this one. Currently tied up with life / work.

Have fun.
Old 5th March 2007, 11:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

A first time for me. Would love to come.
Old 5th March 2007, 12:53   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I am definitely in.

Have been to 2 track days earlier.

eagerly awaiting the pricing details.

P.S. Sawan, one suggestion from me.... If we can have those race compound JK tires at the track this time too it would be great. Last time Electra (Kuppi) had rented out those tires and they were a boon to many of us.
Old 5th March 2007, 14:01   #20
BHPian

With regards to Tyres, we are working on availability and will keep you all informed as and when we have more information. I would request all to start sending in PM's with confirmations to Sawan and me (please copy us both in your message), so that we can start organising the required hardware.

Gentlemen & Ladies (ofcourse), this is a great oppurtunity, and if you can take time out, make it a point to come.

For those who can't bring their cars - Guys from Mumbai, Delhi etc. we will have rental cars available - Saloons and formula's.

Accomodtion can also be arranged at a resort close to the track at very competitive rates. All facilities, including swimming pool, air conditioned rooms, room service etc. available.

Start sending in your confirmations ASAP.
Old 5th March 2007, 17:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am out.. cant come on those days.. will be working..

Godfather
Old 5th March 2007, 17:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Happy days are here again!

When can we get an idea of the rates?

I'm in if I can wrangle my car.
Old 5th March 2007, 18:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Accomodtion can also be arranged at a resort close to the track at very competitive rates. All facilities, including swimming pool, air conditioned rooms, room service etc. available.

and Bar ???

a must for a T-BHP meet.
Old 5th March 2007, 18:18   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
and Bar ???

a must for a T-BHP meet.
Tbhp doesnt advocate drinking and driving !!! Just kidding .. Beer was available last time we went to see memo participate in the single seaters ..
Old 5th March 2007, 18:29   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I plan to attend this one if I am in town those days. Dont plan to subject my car to the torture on track, but the rental ones would not be a bad idea.
Old 5th March 2007, 18:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

It's quite safe for the cars, really. We take care to ensure it's a positive experience for them, too.
Old 5th March 2007, 19:22   #27
BHPian

UPDATE

We are getting together the following hardware for rental: -

1) Esteem - Saloon Class - 05 cars
2) FLGB Swift / Hyundai - Formula Class - 05 cars
3) FISSME - Formula Class - 05 cars

I have also been informed that 3 Polaris ATV's will also be available for rental on the dirt track, just adjacent to the Pit Area. This is going to be a first for our track day. Should be a whole lotta fun.

We are also trying to organise 10 sets of tyres and rims, which will be given on rent. You will have to pre book them in advace to avoid dissapointment. Please note that rental tyres are all 13 inch. We are also trying to organise a tyre changing and wheel balancing machine at the track.

For the bikers - Please note - All safety riding gear in mandatory. We will not allow any rider to go onto the track minus the above. this is for your safety and we hope that you will co-operate with us. Kindly note - No safety gear is available for rent on the track. please come prepared.

Let us know if any of you have further inputs and we will try and incorporate the same.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the track.
Old 5th March 2007, 21:00   #28
BANNED

Its also very disappointing to see in a forum full of auto enthus in numbers leading to 11k , many of which comment or advice how F1 drivers ought to have used this strategy or that move etc though getting this rare opportunity dont grab it .. Its just those handful who come forward everytime ..
Old 5th March 2007, 21:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
I plan to attend this one if I am in town those days. Dont plan to subject my car to the torture on track, but the rental ones would not be a bad idea.
Good idea.
Ur picture in ur new avatar is real goood. U seem to have grown a longer moustache. :P
Old 6th March 2007, 02:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Its also very disappointing to see in a forum full of auto enthus in numbers leading to 11k , many of which comment or advice how F1 drivers ought to have used this strategy or that move etc though getting this rare opportunity dont grab it .. Its just those handful who come forward everytime ..
Like I said, those who will come, will come. The rest...

That said, I hope I get my ride. Want to beat my last time, or there's no point coming.
Closed Thread