Oh yeah! I'll be there but have made my own arrangements 18 48.65%
Yep ! I want to burn rubber and also need accomodation 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2007, 12:56   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
A little boy in a loud car claimed bikes were being rented out. I think he mistook track rentals for bike rentals.
Sorry, that mistake was mine, and you are right, I mistook track rentals for bike rentals...
Old 11th March 2007, 19:48   #77
BHPian

Default Rental Car Pricing

FINALLY

Gentlemen, I am sure you are going to be a very happy bunch. Please find our rental rates as under:-

Race set up Esteems - Saloon Class - Rs.1000 for 5 Laps (Long loop - Approx time 15min, Approx Distance - 19 Kms).

FISSME - Formula Class - Rs.500 For 5 Laps (Short Loop - Approx Time 10 Min, Approx Distance - 11 Kms).

FLGB SWIFT - Formula Class - Rs.700 for 5 Laps (Short Loop - Approx Time 10Min, Approx Distance - 11kms).

FLGB HYUNDAI - Formula Class - Rs.700 for 5 Laps (Short Loop - Approx Time 10 Min, Approx Distance 11 Kms).

PLease note - Race esteems will be run on the long loop i.e. full track and the formula class will be run on the short loop only.

Pricing for 10 laps will be double the amount. Apart from the rental for the car, there will be an additional track hire charge. Track hire will be waived if you have registered for the day / weekend.

Since we have limited hardware we would advise you to book in advance to avoid dissapointment. Please PM / Mail me for further details. Please do not SMS me. I will not be able to keep a record of your request. Either PM or Mail.

Thank you.
Old 11th March 2007, 20:55   #78
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well still trying to work out my POA for the weekend .. Looks like my parents might also be joining in .. Which means i might have to go into town to drop them at my cousins on saturday evening .. So though im confirmed for the track , need more time to confirm if i need the acco or not .. Also planning to rent out the FLGB swifts for a set of 5 laps ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 11th March 2007 at 20:56.
Old 11th March 2007, 21:19   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Update : All bangy boys will be leaving to chennai on the 24th morning at 3 am ,.
ok.. you guys are leaving on the 24th..at 3am... When are you planning on coming back.. Let me know..I am planning on taking leave and joining you guys.. I dont want to miss it this time around.(Hopefully)

Let me know and depending on this i will apply for leave.

Godfather
Old 11th March 2007, 21:23   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
ok.. you guys are leaving on the 24th..at 3am... When are you planning on coming back.. Let me know..I am planning on taking leave and joining you guys.. I dont want to miss it this time around.(Hopefully)

Let me know and depending on this i will apply for leave.

Godfather
Well usually we get done with track day at about 7pm on sunday and start off immediately .. Reach bangy late in the night , say by about 1 or 2 am max .. DO make sure you come , this is not something one should be missing on .. Hhhmm , i see you are bent upon driving my car eh .. Just kidding ..
Old 11th March 2007, 21:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Well usually we get done with track day at about 7pm on sunday and start off immediately .. Reach bangy late in the night , say by about 1 or 2 am max .. DO make sure you come , this is not something one should be missing on .. Hhhmm , i see you are bent upon driving my car eh .. Just kidding ..
Hmmm.. so we wil be back on early Monday morning.. That means i will have to apply for leave on Monday too.. There is no way i will get to work after all that..
Have applied for leave.. Please pray for it to get approved..

Nah...I wont be driving on Track day.. Just tagging along to meet up with Chennai bhpiians and have a good time..

Godfather
Old 11th March 2007, 22:10   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Nah...I wont be driving on Track day.. Just tagging along to meet up with Chennai bhpiians and have a good time..

Godfather
I shall pray on your behalf too and so will rest of bangy tbhp .. I suggest you drive the rental cars .. Specially the track esteems and the lgb hyundais .. Its some experience that ..
Old 12th March 2007, 01:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Pricing for 10 laps will be double the amount. Apart from the rental for the car, there will be an additional track hire charge. Track hire will be waived if you have registered for the day / weekend.
Farhan, that's a sweet deal! Just some clarifications: what would the track hire charge be? And what does registering for the day/weekend mean?

Fingers crossed!
Old 12th March 2007, 01:51   #84
BHPian

Akshay, isn't it past yor bed time !!!?????

Anyway since you have asked, I would request you to please refer to Post # 66, where price details for track hire have been mentioned.

If you guys turn up in a group of 10 and over rate per 30 minute session will be 300 (400 for ten and below and for non members). By non members I mean those who are not members of the MMSC.

And if you register and pay for the entire day / weekend (4 x 30 minute sessions per day and / or 8 x 30 minute sessions for the weekend), you can hire any of the rental cars and pay the rental charges only. Track rental for that session will be adjusted accordingly.

We have 5 race esteems, 6 FLGB Swifts, 10 FISSME's and 3 FLGB Hyundai's.

Uncross em fingers me Mate.
Old 12th March 2007, 02:03   #85
Senior - BHPian

I'm awake engaging in nefarious activities to pay for track day!

What I mean is, how does it work if I come only to drive the Formulas or race Esteems? Then, to avoid rental, how many sessions do I have to put in?

Fingers crossed that I can get my car.
Old 12th March 2007, 02:07   #86
Senior - BHPian

****, this has to happen when I am not in the country. DAMN.
Old 12th March 2007, 02:13   #87
BHPian

Alright, as an example: -

Renting a FISSME for 5 laps will cost you 500(this goes to the owner of the car - Car Rental) + 300/400(this amount goes to the club - Track rental) i.e. total cost will be either 800 or 900. If you turn up in a group of 10 or more (which I am hoping you will) Track rental will be 300 (As offered to members of MMSC), otherwise it will be 400 (Non members / group of less than 10).

Now, if you turn up with your own car and pay track hire for the whole day, you have already paid for track rental, therefore you can choose to rent our hardware instead of driving your car (for that session). Track rental (which you have already paid), will therefore be adjusted. So you will need to only pay Rs.500 - Car rental.

I hope this answers all your questions. Looking forward to seeing you here.

Last edited by Sideways : 12th March 2007 at 02:15.
Old 12th March 2007, 02:15   #88
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Farhan, that cleared it up. One last question: does track rental work per car or per head?
Old 12th March 2007, 02:18   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
One last question: does track rental work per car or per head?
Per head / per session (or Day / weekend[2 days])

Therefore if you rent a FISSME for 5 laps, you will complete the laps in 10 minutes. You still have 20 minutes left. You can either sit the session out or go ahead and rent another formula. We will not be able to adjust the balance 20 minutes in another session. Please also remeber that the Formulas will run in independant sessions and will not be combined with your personal cars and Race esteems. This is being done, keeping in mind safety issues etc.

OK ?

Last edited by Sideways : 12th March 2007 at 02:22.
Old 12th March 2007, 02:24   #90
Senior - BHPian

Dang, was kinda hoping it would be per car!

Quote:
Formulas will run in independant sessions and will not be combined with your personal cars and Race esteems. This is being done, keeping in mind safety issues etc.
Yes, and I remember why this rule was brought about in the first place!
Quote:
OK ?
Ekdum fit hai, boss.

Thanks for patiently answering all my questions. Hope I see you on track!
Closed Thread