Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 28th March 2007, 15:13   #136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hoi Dandiya King,I was just contemplating about finding U a bigger bike for a nice price.
why I wasn't referring to you ofcourse ! Now stop browsing and go looking!
Old 28th March 2007, 19:37   #137
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I Curse my luck on missing the Track day... ..
Godfather
you do curse your luck a lot of times dont you ???

@ sAP, SB, n_aditya : Nice pics... The Skyline GTR looks awesome...

Good to know all had a nice time and there were no incidents... Could we have more vids and pics ???

Last edited by Mpower : 29th March 2007 at 05:35. Reason: Please no chatting among yourselves
Old 29th March 2007, 12:56   #138
BHPian

Smile

DAMM!! all you south guys have sooo much fun with the track in your city, when will bombay have one , so that we could also see the exotics here on the TRACK day....

hey SAP nice picks.... I like nissan skyline , by the way the bikes have Mh number plates thats interesting.... i guess some of the bikes have custom colors on it.??
Old 29th March 2007, 22:37   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
OT:
Kari's track day has been a long time coming. I dont know if it'll have entries like the MMST even if it was a general track day. Its 510 kms from Chennai only. The transportation of petrol cars to and fro must cost close to 10,000 rupees, not to mention the fatigue involved.And then Track rent for the weekend, Fuel for the track use,wear and tear involved...Whoa!I've already hooked up with the Sepang track guys for a group track day. A trip like the oncoming Team-BHP Malaysian F1 meet must be fun. Lets see.
And whats with this discrimination? Who is the one thats inviting?? Akbar Ebrahim?
I think it's like 300 km or so from BLR, so we're good to go. About time you guys in Chennai drove more than 70 km for a track day!

None of us can afford to go to Sepang for anything, so you better scrap that idea now.
Old 30th March 2007, 00:20   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Sorry, Just remembered Its not 10k.But,5k.
Miscalculation.Sorry!
Dunno about you, but when I do 500 km my car gives like 18 on the highway. So I have to use less than 30 litres. That's under 3k for the return trip.

Welcome to the other side! Now you know why we irritate Sawan and Farhan so much for discounts!
Old 30th March 2007, 09:18   #141
BHPian

Nitrous you singature is really good.That's the spirit.
Old 30th March 2007, 19:43   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok am done with editing the videos of the track day.

1. In Car Video from my Esteem (digicam used : Canon A710iS)

2. SBK's (captured using above mentioned canon digicam).

3. Just before the track closed for the day.... (taken from my w700i)

Apologies as the file sizes are huge.

I had to stitch together various clips to make a complete movie for the SBK's.

Hope you all enjoy them.
Old 30th March 2007, 21:08   #143
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Adi just watched the video .. Im amazed at the way those slicks are actually squeeking .. How was the grip ?? Btw just a few lines that you could improve on :
1. Take the S flat out by straight lining it all the way upto the left hander after the long loop straight ..
2. On the long loop right handers dont run so close to the kerbs throughout .. Just try apexing it or try cutting the corner into two ..
3. The left hander just before you overtook the fiat , dont lift off .. An esteem can take it flat out , only that you will exit on the right hand side of the track which is good ..
4. The left hander before the bridge (slowest corner on track) get that right so that you can get the entry to the bridge proper .. I think you are loosing a chunk of time there too ..

Apart from this most of your other lines are good , though couldnt see C2 and C3 .. Also i remember another mistake that you are doing .. Used to do the same until JD corrected me .. Through a corner dont hold the throttle steady , keep your lines in such a way that you will only find yourself accelerating all the while ..

Wish i had such facilities to see where i was going wrong on the first few track days .. Still waiting for that noel to give me the vidoes , though i dont expect my lines to be anything but bad with those tyres i was running .. Tadu , ajmat dont you guys have any videos ??

Vikram , i saw your car being lowered .. Did you buy the pedders ?? If yes , how much ?? Also what percentage of difference did the lowered car make in terms of handling ??
Old 30th March 2007, 21:28   #144
Senior - BHPian

Yes i bought the pedders. Set me back about 11k all inclusive. They made a 25 - 30% difference in handling. I am currently waiting for the pedder shocks to arrive. They should make an even bigger difference. I drove back in the lowered condition till bangalore and the car handled like it was on rails even though ride was a bit bumpy.
Old 30th March 2007, 21:41   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Yes i bought the pedders. Set me back about 11k all inclusive. They made a 25 - 30% difference in handling. I am currently waiting for the pedder shocks to arrive. They should make an even bigger difference. I drove back in the lowered condition till bangalore and the car handled like it was on rails even though ride was a bit bumpy.
11k is just for the coils ?? How much will the struts set you back by ??
Old 30th March 2007, 21:43   #146
Senior - BHPian

struts are about 5k each with height adjustment
Old 30th March 2007, 21:44   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Obviously you love this spirit. Two months ago that description would have fitted you!
Speak for yourself too .. The bill still fits you except that you are running on almost gripless 185's .. Still cant believe you dont have to use a E brake ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
struts are about 5k each with height adjustment
At 20k+11 = 31k its quite a steep solution to handling .. Also are you running this setup for street use too ?? Also whats the allowed limit for adjusting the height ??

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th March 2007 at 21:46.
Old 30th March 2007, 21:45   #148
Senior - BHPian

Yes only for coils. Struts are about 5k each with height adjustment
Old 30th March 2007, 21:46   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Speak for yourself too .. The bill still fits you except that you are running on almost gripless 185's .. Still cant believe you dont have to use a E brake ..
It's called a Scandinavian flick, combined with lift-off oversteer. My 185s still have plenty of grip, thank you.
Old 30th March 2007, 22:07   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
combined with lift-off oversteer..
Oh god,..not again please!
Closed Thread