Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 28th March 2007, 00:13   #121
Senior - BHPian

Hey, thanks for the fantastic scenic cruise, nitrous. And when did you become a doctor. a vet or a real one ?
Old 28th March 2007, 00:20   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
YEah. Putting it in female terms. His car is like a girl with big br****s. Not a sexy dancer.
LOL!!! That was damn funny but very well articulated mate...it was typical nitrous istyle!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
What exactly happened with the Hyundai's ritesh ? I do agree that driving your own car is fun , but after trying out the LGB swifts i beg to differ .. Infact i am looking for someone who could rent out his swift for like a half day so that i could go and practice .. Looking at it seriously now since JD said i should be racing and not practicing on tracks days .. ..
Dude, that hyundai LGB had serious problems...the damn thing would have its accelerator cable stuck every second time I would step on it coz of which its just impossible to slow it down taking into account the non booster assisted brakes. I had to engage the clutch with the brakes at every corner to slow it down. Cmon man, imagine you are heading towards a corner at ~140kmph and then the accelerator refuses to let go of itself completely!!!HUH!!! I had to use the engine kill switch once when I realised that the clutch and brakes together werent slowing the car enough! I crawled through the track and brought it back and complained, then they opened the whole thing to fix it, donno what happened after that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Ritesh , a DRAG car is 15 secs of fame , takes a lot more money to achieve a lot less .. But a track car will give you a lot more satisfaction and will cost you a lot less .. You dont need brute power , what you need is good handling and a good nut behind the wheel .. Hoping to get there someday ..
I think this one is subjective ...Well, All I can say is that there is a difference between a sprinter and a marathon runner, a 1 min extreme metal song and a 7 min rock song, a fighter plane and a concord....and last but not the least a Jayasuriya and a Sangakarra...so its about personal liking as both are as good as each other and both have their own fanatic audience!!!

Anyways, I wish you luck lil fella... reach out to me if you think I could be of any help to you...
Old 28th March 2007, 01:57   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
This will prob be the first and last time i'l ever rent out a race Esteem.

I'm not saying that the Esteems aren't fun but averaging 62kmph isn't something any of us look forward to, especially when we pay 230 bucks per lap. Shan2nu
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Hehe, my esteem session was awesome...felt like I was driving on some hill station with my grandpa beside me...acting all grumpy and discontent!!LOL

The best I could manage is a 2:25sec with my mentor asking me to take the lines I would never imagine to take on that track taking into consideration the traction the track esteems provided. Its was such a shame not being allowed to take that car beyond 120kmphthe less, all that ends fine is fine, so.........no more complaints!!!

Final verdict: Get your own car and do your own thing.
This is absurd. Why would someone go out on the track and pussyfoot the car around? They are charging you money taking into account the wear and tear on the car. If I was in your place, I would have just pulled into the pits right away and asked for my money back. On top of that...they teach you the wrong lines. seesh!! you should bring this to the organizers' attention.

Last edited by Mpower : 28th March 2007 at 04:10.
Old 28th March 2007, 04:06   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
This absurd. Why would someone go out on the track and pussyfoot the car around. They are charging you money taking into account the wear and tear on the car. If I was in your place, I would have just pulled into the pits and asked for my money back. On top of that...they teach you the wrong lines.
I guess this was because of the crash. But you're right, this shouldn't happen. Track driving is all-or-nothing.

Quote:
you should bring this to the organizers attention.
Since a lot of the organisers are members here, I think that's already been achieved. Let's wait for them to log in and give us their feedback. Though it would be wise to remember, it wasn't the organisers' car. It's lent out by a third person.
Old 28th March 2007, 04:24   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Found another video dunno who posted it.
=
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Hehe, my esteem session was awesome...felt like I was driving on some hill station with my grandpa beside me...acting all grumpy and discontent!!LOL

Final verdict: Get your own car and do your own thing.
I guess its always better to rent out one of the single seaters that way you wont have the owner sitting next to you all nervous and freaked out. Its kinda like taking a girl out on a date with her dad in the back seat with a .44
Simply dose'nt serve the purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Though it would be wise to remember, it wasn't the organisers' car. It's lent out by a third person.
Of course V1p3r. I fully realise that the organisers and the renter are two separate parties. All I'm saying is that its not fair to a college going kid who comes all the way from Bangalore or whereever and is disappointed. If the car is not fit to drive, it should not be on the track in the first place.

Last edited by Mpower : 29th April 2007 at 06:36.
Old 28th March 2007, 04:40   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Putting it in female terms. His car is like a girl with big br****s.
Quote:
Its kinda like taking a girl out on a date with her dad in the back seat with a .44
There's a school of thought right here on TBHP that's ok with any girl with large mammaries.

To continue in the same vein, I prefer JLo. She's not too bad, and oh boy, can she dance!
Old 28th March 2007, 06:55   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
There's a school of thought right here on TBHP that's ok with any girl with large mammaries.
what about the guys who are "@$$-men" ?
Old 28th March 2007, 10:39   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath
what about the guys who are "@$$-men"?
If JLo does not fit the bill when it comes to being bootylicious, I am not sure who would (OK, maybe Beyonce). Man, she is awesome - looks, bod and talent. But somehow her decision of selecting that jerk MarkAntony makes me sort of cringe. Anyway it's her life, her choice.

Coming back to the topic, nitrous, what was that about "pay and practice" sessions ? Did not understand it.
Old 28th March 2007, 11:21   #129
Senior - BHPian

On sunday, there was a girl driving one of the rental esteems (Radha Selvaraj's) who was let to drive alone and she was spinning away to glory at every corner and infact crashed the right-rear corner totally. I counted her spinning 4 times in front of me and had to avoid her.
SB, 'Pay and practise' is driving on the track with ur own car,own fuel usually to practice for pro events.There will be no marshals,no doctors,no rental race cars,etc..

Last edited by nitrous : 28th March 2007 at 11:25.
Old 28th March 2007, 11:33   #130
BHPian

All said and done, and I mean the complaints including mine, we should not discount the hard work which went into organizing this event.

In a way, I can also understand the feelings of the race esteem owners. Here you have a complete stranger, and he has no idea how good a driver you are, and you want to push his car around the track, trying to go fast from lap 1?

IMHO, a better way to do this could be, a larger amount of time assigned to each wannabe rookie like me, so that the owners get a better idea of skills each guy has, and then slowly gets comfortable with the driving style of his trainee. Sure will cost more, but if anybody wants to do that for me, I would definitely be interested in more race esteem sessions.

And for the formula cars, I did hear JD tell the BMW guy that the brakes ain't the same as the BMW, but never really failed to gauge the enormous amount of difference in braking power between our road going cars and the formula cars. Probably they have kept it that way to keep costs low. Otherwise I don't really understand why they cannot have assisted braking in those cars.

And about the formula cars, many cars in that lot, be it a Swift or Hyundai, was in differing states of disrepair, hope they had fixed some of the niggles before giving the cars out.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:44   #131
Senior - BHPian

Would it make sense if we have the first sessions of each day as a rookie session which mandates a driver who is familiar with the tracks takes the rookie out for a single gear round ie 3rd and allow no overtaking. This will help the rookies learn the lines and the rules easily. One could also look at making a rookie to drive in the first session as mandatory.

This track day was also an eye opener for me too for the limitations on each of our cars still got a lot more to pick up to get my car track ready.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:49   #132
sAP
BHPian

Arrow Steadycam

Quote:
Nice Video, Nitrous. Its just the kind that I looked forward to watching. PS: Glad you weren't pushing it else the camera would have been squatting and diving all the time

sAP
Old 28th March 2007, 12:53   #133
Senior - BHPian

I just received pictures of the Skyline on C1,Porsche with its blown tire and scratched rim from our member 'neoranjit' by mail. Ill post it up after im done with lunch.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:58   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ill post it up after im done with lunch.
This should take about 3 hours!
Old 28th March 2007, 14:39   #135
Senior - BHPian

Hoi Dandiya King,I was just contemplating about finding U a bigger bike for a nice price.

Last edited by nitrous : 28th March 2007 at 14:47.
Closed Thread