Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 22nd June 2007, 13:04   #106
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to say this guys.. But if F1 does come to India it will be the worst track which will be dreaded by drivers and manufacturers. It will be Bumpy and badly managed.

A Road track around india gate would be an even bigger disaster. The Monaco track goes through strict checks like sealing manhole covers, reinforced barricades etc.

Our Gov should get the roads in shape and encourage motorsports before trying to bring F1 to India.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:57   #107
NIP
Senior - BHPian

ironwolf...f1 = revenue = infrastructure !
Old 3rd July 2007, 14:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Sorry to say this guys.. But if F1 does come to India it will be the worst track which will be dreaded by drivers and manufacturers. It will be Bumpy and badly managed.

A Road track around india gate would be an even bigger disaster. The Monaco track goes through strict checks like sealing manhole covers, reinforced barricades etc.

Our Gov should get the roads in shape and encourage motorsports before trying to bring F1 to India.
Maybe the experience of maintaining an F1 track will teach the government to build and maintain public roads!!
Old 17th September 2007, 16:54   #109
BHPian

Another update indicating that the first race would be in 2010.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2376457.cms
Old 17th September 2007, 18:19   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post

The race will not happen unless the track is approved by FIA. FIA will probably need to approve the plans before they start work on it. So, not to worry.

Herman Tilke's guys are supposed to be camping out in Delhi to start the process.
Old 17th September 2007, 20:27   #111
BHPian

I am surprised by lack of controversies surrounding F1 in India!!! May be some are busy talking about the N-deal! Once it dies away I can see the hartals and shouts outside the F1 track (just as much how they close down the Reliance fresh these days!).

This land is only for the aam aadmi!
Old 17th September 2007, 20:45   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Unless a street circuit is going to be used, F1 in Delhi makes nosense..Some pointers
- Building a new race track around Delhi makes no sense. It could be any where in india?? and a lot cheaper than around Delhi. aquiring 300acres of land around Delhi is not easy, they would have to go to Haryana or Punjab for that..
- Delhi is always a security threat be it for the govt, people or the F1 participants...for that matter even a street circuit is gonna be a huge threat and going to be a monumental security task for the govt.
-Motorsports wise why Delhi?? i have nothing against my co-BHPians in Delhi but there is much higher fan following and Motorsport activities down south.
- Why does Delhi have to host everything? asian games, commonwealth games, olympic??
- Delhi has some extreme weather conditions, unless properly timed its going to difficult for the cars.
Why in Delhi?

some reasons i can think of are...

You need good airport with connectivity from most parts of the world.
You need quite a number of luxury hotels and up to three star hotels to accommodate the team, support crew et al apart from huge inflow tourist expected around the race weekend.
good broad roads to carry the equipments and other paraphernalia from the airport to the track
Weather depends on which part of the year the race is scheduled.
Old 17th September 2007, 20:51   #113
BHPian

@Tifosi - Y not the 'location' mentioned in your profile ? , all your reasons match chennai , except for kathipara which would be completed by 2010 anyway.
Old 17th September 2007, 22:42   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Can some mod please change the title to reflect the updates ??

That the race is confirmed for 2010....
Old 18th September 2007, 08:46   #115
BHPian

yup an the location to be gnoida or sohna
Old 18th September 2007, 08:55   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The race will not happen unless the track is approved by FIA. FIA will probably need to approve the plans before they start work on it. So, not to worry.

Herman Tilke's guys are supposed to be camping out in Delhi to start the process.
It is the maintenance after the setting up that is the concern. We all know how professional our folks are.
Old 18th September 2007, 10:23   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
It is the maintenance after the setting up that is the concern. We all know how professional our folks are.
Well, Given the fact that a certain Dr. M is closely involved in the scheme of things, i wouldnt worry too much on that count.

Of course, in the India race, dont be surprised ot see lady marshals in red designer suits!
Old 18th September 2007, 12:05   #118
Senior - BHPian

Kalmadi said that the ROI from the 400crore rupee track would not only be from the 15 days in a year for the F1, but also from regular national and international events that will happen for most of the year.

I just can't wait for a track day to happen there.Maybe I'll build an open-wheeler for an F1 circuit sake

Last edited by nitrous : 18th September 2007 at 12:06.
Old 18th September 2007, 14:14   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I just can't wait for a track day to happen there.Maybe I'll build an open-wheeler for an F1 circuit sake
Even I am not averse to pay 2-3k's for a track day... it will be fun!
If wishes were horses....

Last edited by extreme_torque : 18th September 2007 at 14:15.
Old 18th September 2007, 14:17   #120
Senior - BHPian

I hope Herman Tilke designs something like the Spa circuit.
Closed Thread