Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 22nd July 2007, 02:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Truly breathtaking pics... they just transport you to a different era.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 05:45   #32
BHPian

Default Not Just Any Ambi

Not Just Any Ambi.. but a "Works" Ambi... fully supported by the Factory at, hoogly... sporting the latest 17.60cc red motor (introduced to combat the extra load of the A/C) Huge Trekker brakes ( factory fitted) ummmm oh yes and also the wider track treckker rims ... what a beast... here is a pic of her... ran up against many of the Firungee cars... oh yes just before i go ... The AMBI was the only Indian car to ever Lead the event outright..YES YES ITS TRUE ,,,, DNF'D though with a broken gearbox....Thats Rallying

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
wooow, nice pics kuul.

Loved the looks of 405 slc, particularly the tyres and the rims.

Is the pic through the wind shield taken from a amby??

regards
tifosi.
Hell Kuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hell kuul, the 405 slc or 450slc. Was this picture taken in India (you with the mighty Benz). I had seen a Stock slc in kolkata a few times.

I saw a lot of these pictures at the rally india forum, just loved them. Gosh!

Last edited by 1100D : 22nd July 2007 at 09:28.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:48   #34
Team-BHP Support

Awesome pictures Niaz. I like the way you put a 1000 words with a few pictures. Way to go!

How about describing your Amby episode when you went flat out and skidded over ice on a bridge, nicked a strut from a taxi and continued the rally.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:54   #35
BANNED

AWESOME pics .... but then , these pics are nothing compared to the racket that they created when being flat chatted through the hill side !!! The sound of these cars was 200% Orgasmic .... how I wish we had digi cams in those days :-( ---

Keep them coming, Niaz !!!
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 13:51   #36
BHPian

The fiat boys always pick up the Typos.... thats the same 450SLC behram is referring to.. was to be driven by Joginder sing... the flying sikh... the old jeep he was reffering to is this car[/IMG]

and here is another one to jog Behram's memory ..

all from the first Himalayan

i have more so youll have to wait...
Old 22nd July 2007, 13:59   #37
BHPian

ok here is another one that was already in the system.. so im posting it... here we are Hunting this poor fiat... in the ambi... the hi-compression mods done to the motor made it a rocket... in the mountains....( a ambi rocket that is)
Old 22nd July 2007, 14:15   #38
BANNED

Hey, Dig in deeper and lets see some pics that I havn't seen yet on the other forum .... -- Also I luv the Fiat above with the 6 Hellas !! Its my dream to get my hands on a Fiat and do it above and then use her for the week end jaunts to watering holes in Delhi ....

Maybe you can help me in getting one ready .... Wat say ??

Last edited by khaadu75 : 22nd July 2007 at 14:16.
Old 22nd July 2007, 14:20   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
-- Also I luv the Fiat above with the 6 Hellas !! Its my dream to get my hands on a Fiat and do it above
I remember Niaz's story when he mentioned that the car crashed out on the first night stage.

Quote:
and then use her for the week end jaunts to watering holes in Delhi
Maybe you can help me in getting one ready .... Wat say ??
I am sure you wouldn't want to take it to the watering holes if it is done up like that. You will head Kotgarh way every time you crank the engine.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 14:29   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I am sure you wouldn't want to take it to the watering holes if it is done up like that. You will head Kotgarh way every time you crank the engine.
... after coming out of them watering holes !!! Im dying to have a RWD for some week end slides .... nothing better than feeling a car go sideways
Old 22nd July 2007, 17:15   #41
BHPian

You see the cool dude standing next to the Fiat.. well those two are one of the hottest Duos from the south .. every time you came up against these two you knbew you had a fight on your hands... thats Uday Eswaran, and Dr. Ravi Prakash... and guess what.. i met them last weekend in Bangalore after about ummmmaaahhh 30 years or so... he had a get together for the VRC... here is a pic... i know its "OFF TOPIC" but he is in the Himalayan Pic

looks the same ..lill fatter
Old 22nd July 2007, 21:55   #42
BANNED

Thanks Scooby05, Khaadu75 and all others for sending your excellent communications and these magificent pictures (I will get details from Shrikant Shah).

I am trying to stretch my memory a little further. One of the cars in the Himalayan Rally (either 1982 or 1983) was TCC7921. There was a brown 118NE in the 1987 rally. It's registration number was TSD9721. This car was fitted with a twin Solex carburettor induction system. Can anybody provide photographs of these cars ?

Further, I now meet and interact with many people who always say - "I had a FIAT but I sold it". Can I request you all to see if we can jointly reverse such a trend. If you have rally FIATS (or other FIATS also), please don't sell them. You will be selling off priceless memories for a pittance. I have 4 FIATS and now I am thinking of converting one of them to a rally car (with Hella Rallye 2000s etc).

I will share my 1984 experiences (some not so pleasant) in my next communication. Bye for now.

Behram Dhabhar
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:17   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
Thanks Scooby05, Khaadu75 and all others for sending your excellent communications and these magificent pictures (I will get details from Shrikant Shah).

I am trying to stretch my memory a little further. One of the cars in the Himalayan Rally (either 1982 or 1983) was TCC7921. There was a brown 118NE in the 1987 rally. It's registration number was TSD9721. This car was fitted with a twin Solex carburettor induction system. Can anybody provide photographs of these cars ?

Further, I now meet and interact with many people who always say - "I had a FIAT but I sold it". Can I request you all to see if we can jointly reverse such a trend. If you have rally FIATS (or other FIATS also), please don't sell them. You will be selling off priceless memories for a pittance. I have 4 FIATS and now I am thinking of converting one of them to a rally car (with Hella Rallye 2000s etc).

I will share my 1984 experiences (some not so pleasant) in my next communication. Bye for now.

Behram Dhabhar
Hey , Ive never had a Fiat .... nor did anyone in my family so I can't use that dialogue -- unles you count the Palio as a fiat !!!

Im looking out for a Fiat as well ... and wanna do it up Rally style -- I was on the verge of starting a thread wanting to know if someone could help me find a fiat for modding . Maybe you can help me itself --

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2007, 04:16   #44
BHPian

!!!

Im looking out for a Fiat as well ... and wanna do it up Rally style -- I was on the verge of starting a thread wanting to know if someone could help me find a fiat for modding . Maybe you can help me itself --

Cheers[/quote]
K haddu im looking for a good one too in Delhi wanna make a "Sholavaram Replica" ...just for fun
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:38   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post

Behram Dhabhar

THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS TYPED BY MY DAD.

ALSO HERE ARE A FEW OF RALLY HIS PHOTOS

[ THAT IS MMY 43 (NOW U KNOW Y MY NICKNAME IS CYRUS43 )

THAT IS THE CAR MY DAD PARTICIPATED WITH...

SPEAKS FOR ITSELF...

DAD HAD HAIR IN 1983

DAD,SUNIL SHANBAG,FARHAD BHATENA,CAR ET ALL....

AT THE START LINE.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote