Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


View Poll Results: Which day
1st week Aug 14 41.18%
2nd week Aug 9 26.47%
Last week Aug 17 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 11:45   #16
BHPian
 
tadukuttan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Can we instead go watch the touring car championship at KMS??
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Some of us will be doing that also nitrous. But we also want to get on track.
Really nice idea, especially if it is just for a day. More than that, and I get into trouble with the wife and kids.

And as for the track day, yet another set of tires down the drain?
tadukuttan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 14:09   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
madan80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

man, looks like Last week of august in Chennai it is for me.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 14:12   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 264 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadu
And as for the track day, yet another set of tires down the drain?
Welcome to track day.
And btw, u're forgetting the severe stress on suspension.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 17:55   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 1,094 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Really nice idea, especially if it is just for a day. More than that, and I get into trouble with the wife and kids.

And as for the track day, yet another set of tires down the drain?

Can't we rent a set of race tyres? I remember reading in the last trackday thread about renting tyres.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 18:07   #20
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Can't we rent a set of race tyres? I remember reading in the last trackday thread about renting tyres.
On the official ones you can. Not on what we are planning. Best thing to be would be head down to one of tire dealers and pick up a set of used tires. Will work out cheaper than renting the tires on track. Also race tires are available only in 13's.

Seems like both the tracks will be out of contention on the last week of Aug. Also, be aware that watching the KMS race means no track day starting from thursday (practice sessions by few teams), friday (practice again), saturday (qualifying) and sunday (race) unless you guys want to hire the track on a wednesday and skip work etc.

Instead what I would suggest is head to Kari during the 1st or 2nd weekend of Aug for just a days fun at the track. During the last weekend, let us all have a get together on track to watch the race on Sunday. We could hire a bus or take only a few cars to save on fuel costs etc. I say that way we would get best of both worlds.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 18:12   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 264 Times
Default

ROC, Every car's got different tyre sizes.
Check ur PCD.And try to source cheap rims and slightly used tyres.
Track days are official tyre shredders .So, be prepared.

The only tyres that can be rented out are 185/60/R13 which are used in the Formula Swifts and Saloon class esteems.
I've got a set of those lying with me.And Im not taking my ikon to the track anymore.So, if someone wants to use them on an esteem, ikon, accent, Indigo,Indica, or zen at the track,PM me.
I wouldn't suggest using them on the road since this pattern gives a lot of road noise.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 18:13   #22
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
And Im not taking my ikon to the track anymore.
Why ?

twentycharacters.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 18:23   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 264 Times
Default

OT:
I don't wanna risk it with my humble 60bhp city driver.
Maybe, i have something else in mind. Maybe.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 18:23   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 1,094 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
ROC, Every car's got different tyre sizes.
Check ur PCD.And try to source cheap rims and slightly used tyres.
Track days are official tyre shredders .So, be prepared.

The only tyres that can be rented out are 185/60/R13 which are used in the Formula Swifts and Saloon class esteems.
I've got a set of those lying with me.And Im not taking my ikon to the track anymore.So, if someone wants to use them on an esteem, ikon, accent, Indigo,Indica, or zen at the track,PM me.
I wouldn't suggest using them on the road since this pattern gives a lot of road noise.
Can it cause rim damage too? In that case I'll get new rims as well. I was planning to dump this set of tyres anyway so I guess I'll just use these and then dump them .
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 18:25   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 264 Times
Default

No rim damage unless U go off the track or crash.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 19:49   #26
BHPian
 
fiery enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN 01
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Talking Nice.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Anybody can come with any car. From a Maruti 800 to a BMW 7 series. We treat all cars equal. Our aim isto help everyone get to know their cars better, which will go a long way in helping us in those panic stricken situations on public roads too (god forbid).
My car is not available so what happens then. Is there place for spectators?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
8. No Mine is Bigger than your's attitude will be encouraged. We all come here to enjoy and day or two and thats the way we would want to end it.
Is that a will be encouraged or will not be encouraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
9. All those coming from out of station, arrangements will be made for stay and food too.
10. Based on the numbers we will be able to put up the final rates. But expect it to be anywhere between 2-3k for a full day on track.
What do you think would be the budget for people who don't bring cars?
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:42   #27
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
My car is not available so what happens then. Is there place for spectators?.
You have no choice but to either sit in the stands as a spectator or ride shotgun with someone in their car.

Quote:
Is that a will be encouraged or will not be encouraged
Fiery my actual quote reads " No Mine is Bigger than your's attitude will be encouraged.

Quote:
What do you think would be the budget for people who don't bring cars?
Depends. Up and down travel charges, food & stay if we are doing a weekend trip. If its just for a day, minus the stay.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:50   #28
BHPian
 
fiery enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN 01
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You have no choice but to either sit in the stands as a spectator or ride shotgun with someone in their car.
Right..Will any one accomodate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Fiery my actual quote reads " No Mine is Bigger than your's attitude will be encouraged.
Sorry My bad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Depends. Up and down travel charges, food & stay if we are doing a weekend trip. If its just for a day, minus the stay.
I'm game. Please plan it on AUG second week either Chennai or CBE.
Can't make it in the first week. Have my Visa interview on AUG 6th
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 09:14   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

The Kari Touring car event seems interesting however dont think I can go anywhere on the last weekend on Aug. If there is a 1 day event on any of the other saturdays : at either of the speedways I will join.

With or without car am not sure.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 10:08   #30
BHPian
 
raajks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BLR
Posts: 578
Thanked: 117 Times
Default

I would like to join the MMTS.....
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got home the Xylo E6! UPDATE: Pics & 3000kms report (post #106 onwards) vinayrathore Long-Term Ownership Reviews 281 27th December 2011 16:58
Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards Dippy Int'l Motorsport 150 2nd November 2009 12:41
Pics: Track Day MMSC 26th April. EDIT: Videos added (post#196 onwards) pawan Indian Motorsport 207 30th May 2008 14:51
Pics & Report: March 24-25th Track Day - Chennai nitrous Indian Motorsport 169 12th April 2007 18:46
Track Day @ Chennai on 4th & 5th Feb 2006- now with report out and pics BikerSG Indian Motorsport 250 4th March 2006 11:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks