Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: So what will you do at this track day?
Will be driving my own/friends car. 28 62.22%
Will be glad to be a spectator only. 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th September 2007, 19:11   #151
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Not that you bangy boys drive to chennai to meet T-Bhpians, but we do.
Or does it just happen that you guys drive down to Bangalore on personal work and use it as an excuse to meet us ?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 19:50   #152

Hello guruz

Im vikram from coimbatore n i drive a palio 1.6 GTX ,can i come for the meet and i have never driven on a track . And finally when should i pay and if im not wrong its 2K bugs right ?
patriot1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 21:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean that you will be finally get your car to the track in the near future? And which one are you talking about? The Vtec or the Innova?
I'd love to get the Innova but i don't think i'l get permission from home. I'm planning some basic mods for the Vtec sometime soon, then it'l make more sense taking it on track.

I'm concentrating more on handling than on outright straightline speed.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 10:33   #154
BHPian

Guys, we're pretty close to the track day. What is the usual POA for Bangy boys? What time do we meet up, and where? Considering that Coimbatore is nearly 400kms away (source: a travelogue on bsmotoring.com), we'll need atleast 6-7 hrs to reach. Any stuff that needs to be procured/arranged before hand? Brakepads, any fluids, tapes for headlights, cigarettes, voodoo dolls?
agentsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 11:16   #155
BANNED

I suggest you guys leave really early on Sunday morning. More like 2am if you want to reach on time. Most part of the stretch is not in such a great condition if you go via the Salem route. I strictly suggest you guys follow this route, it is not only filled with beautiful roads but traffic is quite less too.

Road till Krishnagiri is like a breeze. From Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri road is quite bad. Potholes, sizes of craters everywhere. Before you know it you would have hit one. So be careful and drive slow in this region. As soon as you cross the Dharmapuri 4 laner, there is small right a little up ahead. Take that right to Mettur. The roads from here are fabulous all the way to Mettur. Then hit Bhavani and carry on to CBE. This mettur route will save you atleast an hours journey coupled with fewer risks of ending up with blown tires & bent rims.
Old 27th September 2007, 12:08   #156
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I suggest you guys leave really early on Sunday morning. More like 2am if you want to reach on time.
Leave at 2am to reach before 9 am ??? dude 7 hours is too much for this journey i think...

Is the track timings 9am to 5pm ??? could the guys from Bangy going to CBE post their POA so that people who want to, can leave together.

What about the route via Mysore - Chamarajanagar... is it Longer ? how is the Condition of the Road ?

Last edited by Jay : 27th September 2007 at 12:21.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 12:19   #157
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
Any stuff that needs to be procured/arranged before hand? Brakepads, any fluids, tapes for headlights, cigarettes, voodoo dolls?
Brakepads not required for the track i guess, if the existing ones are in bad shape you change them now itself ( if you think they wont last the track day ) else once you get back you can change as required... you'll need to take lots of water if not available there. Before leaving just make sure water/coolant in the radiator is filled as the engine tends to get heated up. Get you car checked once for the other fluids like brake /engine oil etc.. Tapes you can get... Ciggarettes and vodoo dolls, well its up to you ...

One more thing, Take a Helmet... I dont think you'll be allowed to drive at the track withoul a helmet.

Last edited by Jay : 27th September 2007 at 12:23.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 12:25   #158
BANNED

Jay, you will surely need 5-6 hrs to get to CBE. And if its raining, good luck.

Rest, please make sure you carry lots of water and food if necessary from the city itself. There is nothing within 15kms radius around the track that you guys would eat.
Old 27th September 2007, 14:00   #159
BHPian

Mysore road was good the last time around. not sure how it is now aftr the rains. best bet is mettur-sathyamangalam-coimbatore. nh47 at night is full of killer volvos
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 14:17   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Mysore road was good the last time around. not sure how it is now aftr the rains. best bet is mettur-sathyamangalam-coimbatore. nh47 at night is full of killer volvos
I don't know how but we must have gotten lost on our way back from the touring car championship. We took the satthi route and ended up with real bad roads after we got down from the ghats. Surprisingly Sharan mentioned that the route they took back was beautiful. Are there two different routes once you get down from the ghats? Because we joined the Mysore highway at the same place (railway track).

Forget the killer volvo buses, imagine a fleet of some 40 trucks going bumper to bumper on either sides in that stretch between krishnagiri - dharmapuri and from dharmapuri- salem . I got so psyched, that I managed to park the car at some spot and ask my dad to take over. Couldn't handle it.
Old 27th September 2007, 14:31   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot1947 View Post
Hello guruz

Im vikram from coimbatore n i drive a palio 1.6 GTX ,can i come for the meet and i have never driven on a track . And finally when should i pay and if im not wrong its 2K bugs right ?
Hello Vikram,

You have got yourself a nice car. The 1.6 GTX is one of the very few "real" driver's cars in India.

You are welcome to the meet. I can assure you, 90% of the people who are going to turn up this time have never driven on the track (that includes me too ).

Why don't you get in touch with v1p3r or Harrie or send your phone number by PM to me and we can guide you through the process (there isn't much anyways).

Looking forward to meeting you on the track.

Sri
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 14:39   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Forget the killer volvo buses, imagine a fleet of some 40 trucks going bumper to bumper on either sides in that stretch between krishnagiri - dharmapuri and from dharmapuri- salem
Truk-Drag racing you mean ?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Leave at 2am to reach before 9 am ??? dude 7 hours is too much for this journey i think...
Quote:
Jay, you will surely need 5-6 hrs to get to CBE. And if its raining, good luck.
You will need atleast 5-6 hours no matter which road you take.

Guys, please also note, Monday is a bandh in TN. Since it is a government organised one, do not even think about driving on the roads on Monday. This means you will either have to leave back to B'Lore on Sunday late night or stay back till Tuesday.

I recommend staying back and then joining us for the Hasanur hill climb on tuesday (a separate thread exists on this topic).

Quote:
Rest, please make sure you carry lots of water and food if necessary from the city itself. There is nothing within 15kms radius around the track that you guys would eat.
We can may be send one car back to the City and get lunch for all. Just get the water and energy drinks that you need.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 15:39   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
John, no offense but I guess the biggest let down have been the Chennai boys who actively have taken part in the track days held at MMST. Its quite obvious that none of them want to travel any further than 30 kms to attend a track day. So, from now on I guess we should boycott MMST and make Kari our home ground .
[excuse]
comon man chennai to coimby is 1k kms up and down so its not easy for many ppl to make that trip easily .. plus its no fun without a car

personally was planning to come to blore and hitch a ride with someone but got caught up with some things. kari looks lovely from the pics and would definitely love to drive there a few times
[/excuse]
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 15:45   #164
BANNED

Bottle, we Bangy boys too drive upwards of 800kms to get to Coimby. I must have done atleast 7k+ kms only travelling to Chennai for track days.
I remember memo & myself drove all the way to Bombay 1k+ kms running in my car. Yes, we didn't hit speeds of more than 70 till Pune. If one is determined to make it, you will. No excuses. Even if CBE or MMST were 600 kms each way, I can assure you that some of us would still make it without ever complaining.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 27th September 2007 at 15:47.
Old 27th September 2007, 16:00   #165
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you guys leave really early on Sunday morning. More like 2am if you want to reach on time.
Is this the usual routine followed? Starting at 2am, drive down to Coimbatore plus the breakfast stop, and then having all the fun on the track from 9am to 5pm, and then starting back again, to reach back Bangalore, would entail close to 20-22hrs of driving(!).

How about starting on saturday afternoon, reaching there by night, stay at some cheap motel at Coimbatore (maybe, somebody from CBE could arrange for a room or two for us?). This way, we'll be fresh for the track, next day.

(Staying back is not an option for me; I have work commitments :( )
agentsmith is offline   Reply With Quote