Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: So what will you do at this track day?
Will be driving my own/friends car. 28 62.22%
Will be glad to be a spectator only. 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st October 2007, 03:02   #241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Sigh, wish we had a track nearby, not that my car can take that kind of stress regularly nowadays but would still be great fun.
The F1 track? Just another 2.2 years to go. Hang on.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 03:21   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The F1 track? Just another 2.2 years to go. Hang on.
Yeah, well I am! Till then should have something worth driving on the track too! What's another two years when you've waited so long!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 03:54   #243
Senior - BHPian

I have NEVER seen a car kick out its rear so easily.

I want to buy Harrie's car.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 05:53   #244
BHPian

Where are the pictures guys.... and you Write up's
memo45_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 10:41   #245
BHPian

5.30 AM - Got up. I am yet to fix the body kit on the lancer. Curse the climate, the alarm clock, the heater and everything possible. Get into the car and drive down to the garage groggy eyed.
8.45 AM - Finally the body kit is all in place, but the fibre glass bonnet which I very badly wanted to be on couldnt be fixed. Some parts didnt get back from chroming still.
9.15 AM - Reached CCD, Race Course after tanking up on 97 octane. Quicksilver, Shilesh, Vikram, Paras and a friend were already there.

To cut a long story short

12.15 PM - Hit the pits
12.30 PM - First session started. Had some nice fun. This is my first time on the track with the lancer. Was taking it very easy. No tire squeals through the corners. I was running crappy yokohama avs sports ( yes they are crappy! ) so didnt want to risk much.

Things went on as usual. One more session not much of drama. Then the kids came in. And boy oh boy what fun it was. One swift zxi, one getz (both stock ) and one stage 2 getz. They were driving the wheels off the cars and were damm good too. Spent time on the watch tower catching the action.

Then there was some action between shailesh's esteem and the blue swift but they were eventually flagged down.

Then came the real treat. Mivec vs Mivec. Shreshta Vs Blue Boy. Both were running equally good in the first lap. Into the second lap akshay was trying really hard to close down the gap.

The other mivec was running yokohama sports (???) and peddars suspension. Akshay with the avs sport and stock suspension couldnt keep up with shreshta nd finally ended up spinning out. Not surprising seeing how tail happy the car was.

Then I went out for another session. Was having some nice time pushing the car when I lost it at the "S". The car suddenly snapped and by the time I had corrected it was into the tires. Broke the bumper clips. keshav had to help me get the car back into pits. I removed the bumper and went out again for a couple of more laps before the track was closed down.

When I pulled into the pits I mentioned it Akshay that the car was being very tail happy. He wanted to check it out and out we went!!!!

And what fun we had. Tail out drifting through corners. Esp. the last corner where Akshay was sideways doing about 60kmph Was so much fun. But since the track had already close we had to pull in.

All in all a very nice day. My tires dont have any visible damage to them. The brakes still hold good. My engine temp didnt rise a bit above normal. Except for the bumpers everything else is still in one piece.

And I guess the car drank about a litre of Speed 97 for every 5.5 kms. In total we had covered about 110 kms on the track.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 10:53   #246
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

You guys started that LATE? Thats a good 3 hours you missed being on track.
Btw, how long were each of the sessions? And how many sessions did you have in total? Seemed like fun. I am planning another event this 21st. So how many of you in?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 15:11   #247
BANNED

Is anyone going to put up a detailed report along with the pics & videos?
Old 1st October 2007, 16:04   #248

wel..here are a few pics from one of my cams..the one take wit a nikon slr wil be up soon..
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 16:05   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

Shaadi.com entry. But, wait. I am already married!

Never shown anywhere before. World premiere, presented only on TBHP! Unique track driving!

I read Harrie's report first else would have tough psycho gained weight or something
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 16:11   #250

hey, i will put some pics from my cams..the photos taken by a friend's slr wil be up in a day or so.

HARRIE OVERTAKES SHAILESH'S ESTEEM DUE TO A GEAR CHANGE NEGLIGENCE BUT THAT WAS A CLOSELY FOUGHT BATTLE.

Mod's Note: Stop making sequential posts. Put up all your images in one go, in the form of Thumbnails. All your posts have been merged.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd October 2007 at 20:40. Reason: unwanted tags cleared
Old 1st October 2007, 16:40   #251
Team-BHP Support

Why are there tyres stacked on the track?
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 16:43   #252

hey, that's a chicane..a temporary arrangement

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd October 2007 at 20:41. Reason: go easy on the dots please.
Old 1st October 2007, 16:56   #253
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Why are there tyres stacked on the track?
Thats to put up a road block. I am assuming that you guys used a part of the go-karting track on the main straight. The starting grid lights look like two poles rooted onto the tarmac with tires .
Old 1st October 2007, 19:03   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Thats to put up a road block. I am assuming that you guys used a part of the go-karting track on the main straight. The starting grid lights look like two poles rooted onto the tarmac with tires .
Dont make too much fun of it. Cause thats what your getting for your track day too.

Those who signed the Drivers Bond.
Please supply a signed passport sized Photo to Psyco.
You will receive a laminated club membership identity card.

This card is all you will need to use the Kari Track. It is valid for 1 Year.
i.e. you do not have to sign the bond for every track day.

Those who entered their cars will get a free Kari T-Shirt. Via post.
Waiting for Psyco to e-mail me the list of names.

In future you can buy the stickers and T-Shirts from the Track Manager directly.

Psyco sooner you send me the pics and list the better.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2007 at 20:06. Reason: Please try to avoid 3 consecutive posts, and wait for mods to approve your posts. thanks
chinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 20:17   #255
BHPian

Wow! Words escape me to describe the feeling at the track day. Many thanks to the organizers for organizing it! For a person, who's gone beyond 4k RPM, only n the 5th gear (I've never redlined my car), yesterday's track day was close to a "culture shock"!

Many thanks to psycho, ron, v1p3r, vikram, jay, binz for all the fun, we had on the way back and forth to CBE.

Looking forward to future trackdays!
agentsmith is offline   Reply With Quote