Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: So what will you do at this track day?
Will be driving my own/friends car. 28 62.22%
Will be glad to be a spectator only. 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st October 2007, 20:52   #256
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoy View Post
Dont make too much fun of it. Cause thats what your getting for your track day too.
I am making fun of it? Where? About what? I think you got me wrong somewhere. I was talking about the starting grid lights and how deceptive they look. Not the road block. Anyways, its nice to see you here. Welcome aboard.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:16   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
nice to see you here. Welcome aboard.
He's been around a year longer than you!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:26   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
He's been around a year longer than you!
Most of which I am assuming is as an "inactive" member. He has just re-surfaced here. And I welcomed him for that.

Shouldn't you like be putting up a detailed report or something?
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:33   #259
Senior - BHPian

Yes yes,we will put up a report,..with pics and videos too(mivec on three wheels,Drool Maal!)
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:34   #260
Senior - BHPian

How about a teaser:
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:36   #261
Senior - BHPian

A big thank you to all the guys who came and drove (and I'm guessing had the time of their life!). Especially the few souls who voted and actually came.

A HUGE thank you to Psycho, Ron, and Binz for organising and taking care of everything.
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:38   #262
BANNED

Spare us the strip show/teasers and get to the point. You better make good use of that 2mbps line in the next couple of minutes.
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:43   #263
Senior - BHPian

Arrey,2mbps line is busy with VIP version of streamed live365 radio playing chillout music.I am going to bed now.
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:54   #264
Senior - BHPian

Old 2nd October 2007, 09:27   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
John, lets stop giving excuses. Bahrain GP is on a different phase of the globe when compared to Suzuka/Hungary/Belgium. Does that mean F1 teams should just stick to one track? There are countless number of restaurants in Chennai. Do you always visit the one closest to your house ? Oh now that you did bring up the track being close to you thingy, Bangalore had drag events but I quite clearly remember traveling all the way to Bombay which is over 1k kms instead of sitting with one leg over the other saying my drag strip is just 10kms away from home. Why bother going so far. I am lazy, quite a lot at that. But I surely don't make lame excuses. If I don't want to come I say it, rather than finding reasons not to come.

I have seen countless number of posts where some of them keep saying track day is worth it and request members from different parts of the country to travel to Chennai. I believe in "Preach what you Practice". If you think track days are really worth that much, then make an effort irrespective of where they are held. Don't attend it and rave about it ONLY because they happen to be just 40kms from your residence. That said, there is no point in forcing people to come. Those who do will have fun, those who don't will miss out.

Back to topic at hand, MOSTLY jay & myself MIGHT come to track as spectators only. Let me see how things materialize. Will keep you guys informed.
No offence rahul, but I see it much differently from what you see. Yes, I would go to the nearest restaurant than drive through the city getting stressed out. And I don't preach anything, most of all to kids. It is your life, do what you want with it, if you feel like travelling to bombay, delhi, madras or CBE or wherever for whatever that is your prerogative. I cannot comment on that. Moreover, I have a job, career & a family apart from my interests. Personally I have a lot more responsibilities & I have to divide my time & resources between my family & my interests. I am my own sponsor. So I see it much differently than you, right ?

This applies for many BHPians, not just chennai BHPians. I do agree that the bangalore BHPians are a lot more quick off the blocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Does that mean all Chennai BHPians come to every track day?
Are all Team-BHPians obliged to attend all track days ? who said that ?

All said, looks like you guys had a rollicking time.
cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 09:39   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Moreover, I have a job, career & a family apart from my interests. Personally I have a lot more responsibilities & I have to divide my time & resources between my family & my interests. I am my own sponsor. So I see it much differently than you, right ?

This applies for many BHPians, not just chennai BHPians. I do agree that the bangalore BHPians are a lot more quick off the blocks.

Are all Team-BHPians obliged to attend all track days ? who said that ?

All said, looks like you guys had a rollicking time.
cheers
Well said John, a lot of us have very high work commitments. Being the last quarter, it is make-up time and things gets further interrupted by various holidays. I have been travelling a lot besides time is a bit of a scarce commodity.

Glad you guys had a great time though
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 11:43   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And I don't preach anything, most of all to kids. It is your life, do what you want with it, if you feel like travelling to bombay, delhi, madras or CBE or wherever for whatever that is your prerogative. I cannot comment on that. Moreover, I have a job, career & a family apart from my interests. Personally I have a lot more responsibilities & I have to divide my time & resources between my family & my interests. I am my own sponsor. So I see it much differently than you, right ?
Very well and rightly said, John!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:11   #268

Im here purely to promote the sport. Promote use of the track with safety being paramount thats it.
Towards that end it was nice to see the drivers all driving responsibly and sticking to the rules given without getting into fights or arguments.
Great bunch of guys. Good mature driving.
A lot more maturity with the car crowd.
Good job by the Organizers.
And it was nice to see the cars being put thru their paces on a very Technical Track.
BTW boss called and said if you want you can run the next session in the opposite direction. Seems its a lot of fun an quite fancy.
We cant switch direction mid way thru a track weekend. But you have the choice of picking the direction you want to run in at the start.
One of the organizers should do a few laps in both direction and make a call.
The CBE track has enough run off and is quite safe no matter which direction you run.
Ps: Still waiting for the T-Shirt list and photos for the laminated cards.
chinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 17:32   #269
Senior - BHPian

Do we have to have a fight everywhere?

Where are we on the pics?
Old 2nd October 2007, 17:38   #270
BANNED

Thats very very interesting. I would love to do anti-clockwise on the KMS track. Lets see how it goes.