Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: So what will you do at this track day?
Will be driving my own/friends car. 28 62.22%
Will be glad to be a spectator only. 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th October 2007, 15:03   #301
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The track is really beautiful.....just the way i like it!!
You should be on track this time honestly speaking with your Vtec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I was very easily hitting .97g's in my swift on C3 with stock suspension.
I could actually make good use of your Gtech this time around. Let me know when I can borrow it from you for a couple of days .

PS: Shouldn't you and agentsmith be posting your reports on experiences on KMS as well? Everyone would love to know what you guys thought, the differences between MMST & KMS etc.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 4th October 2007 at 15:04.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 15:07   #302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

I could actually make good use of your Gtech this time around. Let me know when I can borrow it from you for a couple of days .
What have you planned in way of insurance ?
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 15:14   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean 1.97? 1G is normal gravity. 0G is floating in space
Thats 0.97Gs of lateral acceleration/pull which is really good for a road car. The 1G you're talking about, is the vertical pull of the gravitational force on the car.

So, if a car corners at 1 lateral Gs, it means that the lateral force applied is equal to the weight of the car.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 15:16   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: Shouldn't you and agentsmith be posting your reports on experiences on KMS as well? Everyone would love to know what you guys thought, the differences between MMST & KMS etc.
I'm too lazy to sit and type out long reports. Anyways Harrie has already put up a very detailed report and I'm sure binz in working on one with pics and videos.

As far as the track goes I thought it is a very technical track when compared to MMST. Very flowing corners with one corner leading directly into another especially when you use the bus stop route that we used due to the long straight restrictions.

I would have loved to try out the long straight at least once especially since I was using ABS. My car's ABS was already getting activated on the shortened straight.

All in all a lot more fun to drive on this track than on MMST. This track you can't affored to relax even for a single second where as on MMST you can catch a short breather every now and then.

Also wish this track could have been a bit longer like the MMST one.

All said & done a superb driving experience.

PS: This is my idea of a long report.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 15:19   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Then a standing ovation goes out to you.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 15:36   #306
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
What have you planned in way of insurance ?
Some shiny rims from a black swift belonging to a person I know whose just got himself a FFE.

Quote:
You mean to say a lazy one. Too bad you won't be able to make it on the 21st.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 15:43   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too bad you won't be able to make it on the 21st.
Tell me about it. This is another problem with this track, you cant do it in one day like what I did for my last MMST track day. Go in the morning and come back same day.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:49   #308
BHPian

Thumbs up

Well, this was my first track day, and first time, getting to know other tbhpians, and so, don't expect too much from my report (comparisons with other tracks, knowing people and their cars).

Being the first track day, I have had the ``pleasure'' of spinning out more than once. Thankfully, except for the last spinout, nobody was close enough to me, to have had ill-effects on their speed, or close shaves with collisions. During the last spinout, the blue swift and the white getz (don't know the names of the people who own them, sorry!) were pretty close.

It was nice to see (and hear!) other cars in action (Shresta's lancer, Harrie's MIVEC, QuickSilver's OHC, Vikram's Swift - sorry, I didn't get to know others). Was very surprised to find out that Quicksilver's OHC wasn't a VTEC later.

I did learn quite a few things about my car after several experimentations, as in how late could I brake, and that I could go upto 98kmph, in 2nd gear, before the rev limiter kicks in, keeping my lines right, and that, my G3 Potenzas aren't the best out there.

As for the feedback on the track, this being my first time, I'm really not in a position to comment on it
agentsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 20:21   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
Well, this was my first track day, and first time, getting to know other tbhpians, and so, don't expect too much from my report (comparisons with other tracks, knowing people and their cars).
Same issues here... it was my first track day so can't really get very technical, let alone write up a detailed report.

Quote:
Being the first track day, I have had the ``pleasure'' of spinning out more than once. Thankfully, except for the last spinout, nobody was close enough to me, to have had ill-effects on their speed, or close shaves with collisions. During the last spinout, the blue swift and the white getz (don't know the names of the people who own them, sorry!) were pretty close.
I could see that you were having fun
Overall, it was a very well behaved crowd we had this time. Almost all the instructions were followed properly, like not overtaking on the curves, etc.

Quote:
It was nice to see (and hear!) other cars in action (Shresta's lancer, Harrie's MIVEC, QuickSilver's OHC, Vikram's Swift - sorry, I didn't get to know others). Was very surprised to find out that Quicksilver's OHC wasn't a VTEC later.
I guess the alloys and the spoiler led you to believe mine was a VTec. Wish it was.... you could have noticed that the 1.5 EXi badging was intact (off the track... on track, I know we had no time for all these).

You did well and I had a hard time catching up with you pal. Looking forward for the next track day.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 20:29   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Speaking of lap times, i remember when a stock Skoda RS was tested by Overdrive at Kari, it did a 1min 25sec lap.
Two things to note:
1. These were tested without the chicane. I would guess 4 seconds + would be a realistic time, with the chicane.

2. Skoda dealers down south are known to remap their cars, to make them appear more powerful as stock.

I'd like to drive an RS to see how well it handles. Never had the chance to really explore that car's limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Same issues here... it was my first track day so can't really get very technical, let alone write up a detailed report.
Quote:
As for the feedback on the track, this being my first time, I'm really not in a position to comment on it
Actually, how about some feedback like 'It was great fun', 'It was worth it', 'I'd be ready to do it again', or the like. Or even the opposite.

Quote:
I think this is the first track day where most of the first timers haven't spun out. For me, it's a habit. Even memo has some fantastic spins to his credit. But of course, the King of Spin is Mr Psycho, who has somehow managed to spin twice, 360 degrees, and 720 degrees, both on the MMST straight!

Quote:
I did learn quite a few things about my car after several experimentations, as in how late could I brake, and that I could go upto 98kmph, in 2nd gear, before the rev limiter kicks in, keeping my lines right, and that, my G3 Potenzas aren't the best out there.
Track day is all about learning your car and yourself, so you did make great use of the opportunity. About the tyres, don't worry, there are people who are known to have used 165s, 175s, 185s, on track, so you're in august company.

ps. Vikram, great post man! Could really see your enthusiasm and writing skills coming to the fore. And thanks for bearing with my fiddling with the music constantly.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th October 2007 at 20:34. Reason: multiple posts merged
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 21:05   #311
BHPian

Quote:
I guess the alloys and the spoiler led you to believe mine was a VTec. Wish it was.... you could have noticed that the 1.5 EXi badging was intact (off the track... on track, I know we had no time for all these).
I noticed that, while you were speeding on the straight, and promptly got confused. Till then I was under the impression that yours was a VTEC. Later I asked binz who confirmed that yours was a 1.5Exi.

Quote:
You did well and I had a hard time catching up with you pal. Looking forward for the next track day.
Looking forward to meeting you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Actually, how about some feedback like 'It was great fun', 'It was worth it', 'I'd be ready to do it again', or the like. Or even the opposite.
I already did that (post#255), but I don't mind saying it again! It was great fun!
Looking forward to future track days, eagerly!
agentsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 10:41   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And thanks for bearing with my fiddling with the music constantly.
Oh that reminds me I have to get a child lock for my system.
Old 5th October 2007, 14:05   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the King of Spin is Mr Psycho, who has somehow managed to spin twice, 360 degrees, and 720 degrees, both on the MMST straight!
Ahem: 360 was on the straight and the 720 was on the slow left before the bridge.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 14:24   #314
BHPian

720 ?!? Wow

Any in-car videos or photos ?
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 14:31   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho
720 was on the slow left before the bridge.
That is the toughest corner with the highest G-force generated.
I tried and tried and failed until Sree Sree Kamlesh Patel ji told me the correct technique to employ there.
nitrous is online now   Reply With Quote