Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: So what will you do at this track day?
Will be driving my own/friends car. 28 62.22%
Will be glad to be a spectator only. 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th October 2007, 22:07   #331
Senior - BHPian

It is done!! IT is done!!Just finished editing the text.UPloading pics currently.It will be up in an hours time.

I would just like to say,there were so many sights,sounds,tastes,conversations,moments that just cannot be put into words.I ve tried my best with the report.

And I would Like to tell you all once again hhow much fun a trackday is.Please do make it next time,relive your childhood!

Edit:that sounded stupid.Just come if you want to,..:-P

Last edited by binz : 8th October 2007 at 22:08.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 22:25   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Please do make it next time,relive your childhood!
Wise words from the old man.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 22:58   #333
Senior - BHPian

Default My very first trackday...

...and I LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT! Vikram had asked us to be at Jay's house by four since he wanted to get on the road early.4:15 v1p3r and myself sync up opposite the leela and I jump into the Auto. As is the case with all t-bhpians, people are staring at me while im crossing the road; bag over shoulder, helmet and jacket in one hand and a universal filter and a bling chrome flange in another .. finally reached Jay's house twenty minutes later and after being introduced to vikram, a few abuses to the cricket players we were off!

First stop was The Forum .. Our man Akshay apparently can't survive without his weekend quota of zingers. Stingy guy bought only two for himself with excuses like ,'I thought mahesh had turned you into a vegetarian' to vikram. Left immediately after, reached the shell bunk on hosur rd, were we were supposed to meet up with psycho, ron and chirag .. they had already left apparently, so we picked up a couple of red bulls for myself, coke and took off.

The drive was beautiful, not much to describe as I didn't know where we were half the time but still nice car + nice roads + nice music + great company = amazing drive! Vikram has a very neat swift, which is very bling on the inside, the only gripe I had was with those 50profile tires on the potholes. We met up with psycho and gang for dinner with v1p3r telling everyone his plan on how to get rich and buy a supercar everyday .. psycho and ron were having a 'detailed technical discussion' on engines while all of us stuffed ourselves with idlis,dosas,puris and the usual sexy south indian food.

An interesting sight.Were sitting in the swift looking at keshav in the backseat of the Honda,cigg in one hand and laptop on his lap.He was playing project gtr2 (I think) and more than driving,all we could see him doing was tweaking with the suspension options and gear ratios on the game

After couple of stops to answer nature's call we reached the hotel,v1p3r refused to sign for the rooms for fear of income tax problems and he made a big scene before signing it in my name. Paranoid adults! Lol

We were joined by mohit and his cousin; mohit being the owner of that cedia you all seem to admire Everyone was up till about 4 in the morning .. booze ciggs and redbulls in everyone’s hands.

Great fun, everyone taking a dig at each other .. v1p3rs take at Ron's parsi genes was hilarious.

After that we slept(separately! Mind you)till about 8~ .We had planned to pour water on psycho uncle during his deep slumber to get some nice abuses on video,we even swapped keys with their room for the purpose.Plan flopped though, coz we managed to sleep a bit too much. But I was content with this super cool pic of him trying to catch 40 winks.

As usual,v1p3r was the first to hit the buffet breakfast and when I walked in,he was holding a boiled egg in one hand,talking on the phone with food in his mouth.I tell you,glutton is just not the word!

After some screaming and yelling,vikram,v1p3r and me started to the rendezvous point. Akshay jumped off to meet shreshta, while vikram and myself met the coimby gang at coffee day. It was nice to see the red mivec with the contrasting white skirts. For some reason, that car demands a lot of attention even with those very subtle skirts..

Continued in part 2 //
Old 8th October 2007, 23:05   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
v1p3r telling everyone his plan on how to get rich and buy a supercar everyday
Erm, don't you want to elaborate on that plan? s0uljah is feeling left out right now...

Last edited by v1p3r : 8th October 2007 at 23:06.
Old 8th October 2007, 23:11   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Erm, don't you want to elaborate on that plan? s0uljah is feeling left out right now...
no thank you

Old 8th October 2007, 23:22   #336
Senior - BHPian

//Continued..

Had some coffee and headed to the track. I sat shotgun with harrie for those 30+kms and boy! What a drive! The way the sound of the car changes when mivec kicks in is to die for!Free revving till 8300rpm!!

Cars lined up at the railway crossing en-route to track.

Reached track at around 9:30 signed the drivers bonds. Pasted the kari stickers on the cars and left after checking out the lone chevy rolon .. Beautiful piece of machinery I must say. With all parts including the gearbox cast in Coimbatore itself!

Getting on with the formalities..

Finally!Entering the pits.

Tech Check

By 10 we were all prepped to start the session after getting rid of any unsecured items in the cars and the tech check. v1p3r took a few laps in the mivec to check if everything was alright followed by the two formation laps and after the that everything went on smoothly.

Uske baad,seesion started
The first thing that I noticed was that harrie was braking very early, never pushing through any of the corners but belting on the straights obviously.He then took a round with akshay as he wanted to know the right lines to follow.After that,harrie was going faster and faster,one could clearly make out by looking at him drive,that he wanted to learn the cars characteristics and not just belt and overtake people.The mivec sounded wild on the straights doing about 7500rpm.Just imagine,hks exhaust on a high comp car at 7500 rpm.Imagine.

Old 8th October 2007, 23:24   #337
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Not surprised that most of the event reports still revolve around Akshay's eating habits & Keshav's sleeping habits . Keep going, re-live your childhood.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 23:26   #338
Senior - BHPian

There more to come,but it has to wait till tomorrow.Two and a half pages of text and a whole lot of pictures.

RIght now i need some sleep.

Goodnight folks,Yenjoy!
Old 8th October 2007, 23:32   #339
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I am trying quite hard to restrain myself from putting up the rest of the report. Which I have in my possession. But, I guess we ought to give the kid another chance for all the hard work. On the other hand, I am thinking he deserves to be punished for making us wait this long. So I am going to go ahead and paste what he has written. Report is as follows. Scroll below.

I am not as evil as you think I am. Now, wait for binz to put up the rest of it too.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 23:35   #340
Senior - BHPian

Blueboy seems to be on a eating ride, i thought where there is input there is equal amounts of output.

And two antennas on Psychos head, is he communicating with the outer world? or is that Binz playing funny tricks? :S
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 23:52   #341
Senior - BHPian

//continued

Shreeram uncle's car sounded heavenly on the straights. Taking all his speed through the corners following beautiful lines. He drove really well! Super aggressive driving which I enjoyed watching. My best guess is that he was fastest on track after the rally esteems and shreshta's mivec.

Vikram drove really well too .. his car was running 215 hankook ventus that were two trackdays old and they still had plenty left in them. He really enjoyed the track doing 77laps in all and exploiting the limits of ABS on the swift, braking very hard and very late. I must mention here that he was running the stock springs and struts and not the peddars and from the round that I got shotgun in his car, it was taking to the corners well. He also managed to pull .97 lateral Gs. Nuff said.

Getting to agentsmiths car. Honda 1.5,basic perfomance mods and nice tires to boot. Chiraag drove very defensively during the initial session. Braking early, keeping to his limits. The only time he opened up the car was on the straight. Eventually pace caught up with him and he did some really good laps however, as keshav pointed out to him, he was constantly braking through the corners. In the third session he braked midway through the chicane and the car spun to a halt with the tires screaming and bellowing smoke.

Dammit,I don’t have any pics of this car.Sorry chiraag[FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]L[/FONT][/FONT]

Another car which was really being pushed to the limit was the blue swift. Driven very well by a 17year old he kept up brilliantly with the methods esteem and finally overtook it. Following the lines perfectly, this guy reminded me of stumpy. No spinouts no nakra this guy went all out on track. The added advantage he had was the 15'' rims with the 205s at the front and the 17''ers at the back.

[FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
Also being thrown around was a white getz, being driven by v1p3r,mohit and his sister. The soft suspension didn't aid in cornering but at least, atleast the drivers enjoyed themselves. The getz had basic headwork,a 26x cam and the usual exhaust whatnotts.

There was also a palio, I don’t know who was driving it, and the only times I saw it on track was when he was going through the chicane.So no comments. The car also had some minor issues where in it spilled coolant in the pits and overheated. Again no comments on this!

Last edited by binz : 8th October 2007 at 23:57.
Old 8th October 2007, 23:58   #342
Senior - BHPian

Somewhere between this, I was talking to chiraag about his car and driving, when he uttered the magic words,’ you can drive it if you want’. That was it! My day was made,.. after being disappointed with the news that the fissme was broken down. Quickly got all my stuff set, signed the driver bond and me and chiraag went for some laps in the city. It took me 2 laps to learn the track and figure out what lines i should be taking, after that .. i pushed a bit. Hit 130 in 3rd on the straight, downshifted and flicked into the chicane. Hit c1 at 65 and massive massive understeer. Lifted of the throttle and went flat out through c2 and c3.

The experience was B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T I tell you .. went back into the pits after 5 laps and then took the car alone for some more. This time I did a real quick lap with harrie behind me. Overtook the getz and another car at the s-curve and did my best possible to keep the tires from squealing. again 130+ on the straight and I entered c1 pretty hot. Car understeered, I lifted of the throttle and lost the rear. I swear, in that split second every single video i watched on youtube, stumpys comp and that top gear drifting episode came to mind. Instead of slamming the brake, tapped the accel and countersteered,got it back on line and felt the car understeer through the remaining part of c1.The rest of the lap was uneventful, with psycho standing on the straight waving the red flag, indicating the end of the last session. Pulled in to the pits got out ran around checking if anyone had got my oversteer at c1 on video.

In the middle of this,harrie wanted to see the mivec drift so akshay and him took to the track again and after a flying lap, the mivec comes sideways onto the main straight .. that was something straight out of the fast and the furious for me. Insane, though I don’t think many witnessed it. My memory doesn't serve me right, so I distinctly don’t remember any details of what happened after that. Everyone packed up to leave, putting all their expensive subwoofer and parcel trays back into their cars. I was frantically searching for my helmet, and when everyone prepped to leave, I got into vikram’s car without finding it.

Next stop,cbe coffeeday. It was dusk by then, so the weather was pleasant. Chit-chatted for an hour, and pushed off to the hotel; freshened up and left for bangy.

Petrol stop in the city, along with a light snack and the usual .. Mohit came to see us off.Clicked a few snaps of his car—Brilliant taste in mods, i must say!

Last edited by binz : 9th October 2007 at 00:08.
Old 9th October 2007, 00:15   #343
Senior - BHPian

Got onto the highway by around 9,if my memory serves me right. Non stop driving, a few things I remember was the song akshay played over and over again, while fantasizing on what karishma kapoor's body used to be like. Very cheezy song 'Sexy sexy sexy mujhe log bole, hai sexy, hello sexy kyuu bole' Haha .. It had a nice beat to it and he intends playing it the next time he drives the mivec on track.

We also managed to drive past an elephant on the ghat section, frikkin huge bloody thing just about 15ft from us. Scary!! All the more when your in a car with four angel eyes, 6 leds,xenons and a pair of Hellas. Normal people freak when they see the car, wonder what went through the elephants mind.And in the middle of all this, Jay screams,’Take a picture, take a picture’ and akshay yells back, ‘Your mad eh? You have any idea what an elephant will do seeing the flash’ in his akshay like fashion. Very amusing at that moment.

It was 2 and we were still about 140+kms from the city, I tried to get as much sleep as possible so the next thing I remember, was a doughnut and tea and the Mysore road coffee day. By this time the topic of conversation had shifted from high compression engines to High definition Adult videos. You can imagine the state of things. There are very few people who can keep the spirit up all the time; and have something to talk about, and hats off to v1p3r,we all enjoyed the trip a lot thanks to him.

Drove for about 50 something kms and swapped cars, said a quick bye to vikram and carried on in the Honda with v1p3r driving, reached the city in no time and stopped to check out the imported cars at that used car place near umm.. kanteerva?? Drove till MGs at waited for a minute at the signal at 4 in the morning(psst akshay if your reading this, you just called me on my phone).V1p3r dropped himself home, followed by ron and chiraag dropping me home.And then i don't know what they did.

That was the end of my trip. Time was 4:30 in the morning. Parents were awake, showed them the pics and crashed till about 2 in the afternoon. Yea, I know .. I’m A lucky college kid!!Muhahaha! That’s the end of my report, I sincerely hoped you enjoyed reading it,..Because the memories it brought back made write all of it worthwhile.

Thank you akshay for all the help and for the opportunity. Thank you vikram,jay,chiraag,ron sir, psychotic uncle for everything. Rahul, I really appreciate what you did in getting this event rolling. Many thanks! A salute to ghostrider4835.Ive read your 'manual on extreme driving' at least 9 times and its the basics on which I re-learnt how to drive. Thanks!

Mission accomplished.
We(rather v1p3r,psycho,and ron)have successfully organized the very first trackday for saloons at Kari. Made it a memorable event and something that I hope to attend regularly.

Thanks for reading,
Binz signing off.

Last edited by binz : 9th October 2007 at 00:17.
Old 9th October 2007, 00:16   #344
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry, i did not get it, whose is that red lancer which is majorly seen on the embankment ???
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 00:32   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone-oy
he was fastest on track after the rally esteems and shreshta's mivec.
Ahem...

Quote:
his car was running 215 hankook ventus
They're 205s, I think.

Quote:
Also being thrown around was a white getz, being driven by v1p3r,mohit and his sister. The soft suspension didn't aid in cornering but at least, atleast the drivers enjoyed themselves. The getz had basic headwork,a 26x cam and the usual exhaust whatnotts.

The Getz was driven by Mohit, Deepak, and Chelna. They all drive rather well, and Deepak used to be big on karting at KMS. He knows the manager quite well. The car wasn't so much let down by its suspension, but by the godawful rubber.

Quote:
There was also a palio, I don’t know who was driving it, and the only times I saw it on track was when he was going through the chicane.So no comments. The car also had some minor issues where in it spilled coolant in the pits and overheated. Again no comments on this!

That's vikram - patriot1947 on TBHP, unless I'm mistaken. He was driving rather well, until he pulled in. Keeping up with quicksilver through the circuit, then the OHC would spank the Palio on the straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I am sorry, i did not get it, whose is that red lancer which is majorly seen on the embankment ???
That's Harrie's car.

Last edited by v1p3r : 9th October 2007 at 00:35.