Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: So what will you do at this track day?
Will be driving my own/friends car. 28 62.22%
Will be glad to be a spectator only. 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th October 2007, 01:02   #346
BHPian

Smile

excellent report binz worth the wait - keep up the good work!!

cheers,
j
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 02:29   #347
BANNED

Wow! What a great report. Binz! It seems you're growing up to another Sam in the making.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 08:49   #348
Senior - BHPian

Yea vikrm is running on 205s

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
That's vikram - patriot1947 on TBHP, unless I'm mistaken. He was driving rather well, until he pulled in. Keeping up with quicksilver through the circuit, then the OHC would spank the Palio on the straight.
Next time you know people.Please do introduce us newbies to them.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 09:42   #349
Senior - BHPian

Great report, Binz! It was worth the wait

You guys sure had a great time.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 09:50   #350
BHPian

very nice report binz was worth the wait.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 11:20   #351
Senior - BHPian

Now that's the way to write a report. Great work binz or should I call you Bone-oy from now?

Well worth the wait.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 11:39   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
And two antennas on Psychos head, is he communicating with the outer world?
Nope - he came with built-in Radio Telemetry so that he could talk to cars. A bit like the Nutty Professor, except that he talks to animals on 4 wheels, not 4 legs.

PS: Terrific report, Bone-oy! You've picked the right pictures with optimal commentary.

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th October 2007 at 11:47.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 13:19   #353
Team-BHP Support

good report binz. worth the wait.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 13:55   #354
BHPian

nice report binoy. worth all the waiting.

guess you missed out the spins part

and where is the video of the drive to kms?
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 13:58   #355
BHPian

Great report, dude! Good to "re-live" the moments
agentsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 15:15   #356
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Steeroid;588981]Nope - he came with built-in Radio Telemetry so that he could talk to cars. A bit like the Nutty Professor, except that he talks to animals on 4 wheels, not 4 legs.[quote]

Ahem the nutty prof for this time decided not to communicate with them but with the handlers and was happy enough running up and down after them ROTFL
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 17:04   #357
BHPian

Great report there Binoy. You just made my day

It was well worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Shreeram uncle's car sounded heavenly on the straights. Taking all his speed through the corners following beautiful lines. He drove really well! Super aggressive driving which I enjoyed watching. My best guess is that he was fastest on track after the rally esteems and shreshta's mivec.
Uncle? ah well, I guess I'd let you go for that

Thanks, am glad you think so. It was hard to learn the lines from the formation lap when you are the last car out on the track, so I had to rely on instincts to get the lines right. Was having fun on the C1 though, with the understeer and drift. Great pics there, can you send me high-res ones of these please?

Quote:
Vikram drove really well too .. his car was running 215 hankook ventus that were two trackdays old and they still had plenty left in them. He really enjoyed the track doing 77laps in all and exploiting the limits of ABS on the swift, braking very hard and very late.
Vikram did really well. I thought I'd never be able to catch that black Swift. Learned later that he only had a custom ECU and his car was mostly stock otherwise. Very impressive.

Quote:
Getting to agentsmiths car. Honda 1.5,basic perfomance mods and nice tires to boot. Chiraag drove very defensively during the initial session. Braking early, keeping to his limits.
He took it easy during the morning sesion and I think it was a very sensible thing to do... to learn the track and then start attacking.

Quote:
Another car which was really being pushed to the limit was the blue swift.
Missed most part of it because we had to go out to get lunch. Heard it was a good battle between the Swifts and the Getz.

Quote:
There was also a palio, I don’t know who was driving it, and the only times I saw it on track was when he was going through the chicane.So no comments. The car also had some minor issues where in it spilled coolant in the pits and overheated.
That's Vikram, like Akshay pointed out. The car's driveshafts were on it's last legs and god knows what else was spoiled by TAFE (FIAT A.S.S guys). I hope he got everything rectified now at a different garage.

Another victim was shailu's palio which could not make it to the track, thanks again to TAFE. Though he had his rally Esteem on track and gave the MIVEC a run for it's money.

Quote:
Mission accomplished.
We(rather v1p3r,psycho,and ron)have successfully organized the very first trackday for saloons at Kari. Made it a memorable event and something that I hope to attend regularly.
Thanks for reading,
Binz signing off.
Good job guys. It was a very memorable event for me and I am sure for many others. No drama or mishaps (except for Harrie's bumper, of course) and everyone went back home happy and satisfied. I guess that's what counts at the end of the day.

Next time though, try to get to the track on time please... more than missing out on track time, I had some friends who had been waiting on the track for more than an hour and had to leave because of other commitments. Not to mention we had people like Vikram (patriot1947) waiting outside CCD since 8:00, only to get on the track by noon.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 21:58   #358
Senior - BHPian

Appreciate the kind words.

Since many of you who attended the trackday find loads of details missing from my post,i will give you a reason,which is a line that was given to us by our value education lecturer.

'That phenomenon which you guys term as being 'horny' takes us nearly 25 pages to explain in medical terms,so please dont ask me why you feel that way because i don't really have the time nor inclination to do so.'

Hope you got my point,it would just take too much of time which i dont have!

quicksilver,please pm me your address.I will be sending the dvd to harrie tomorrow,will send you a copy too.

Harrie,the video which i took on the way to kms had to be deleted off akshays came due to memory restrictions.Im only stuck with a clip of you overtaking an esteem at 7k rpm.Sorry to dissapoint.

From now onwards,anyone above the age of 30,will have the suffix 'uncle' added to their name.:-D
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 22:08   #359
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

How come we have no report about Akshay's favourite pass time? Off track events (not related to quenching his hunger/thirst)! I think kb gave a brief intro, bone-oy care to expand?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 22:41   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I think kb gave a brief intro, bone-oy care to expand?

You want Bone-oy to expand something?
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote