Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: So what will you do at this track day?
Will be driving my own/friends car. 28 62.22%
Will be glad to be a spectator only. 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th September 2007, 12:19   #76
BHPian

Red face torn ankle ligament

Mcl/guys - put me as a "maybe" on your list as I tore my left ankle ligament and cant change gears a lot (clutch).
So car driving is fairly limited as per my doc - I am hoping I can make a full recovery in time for track day though Lets see how it goes or else if doc okays I might atleast hop in with someone from bangy
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 12:56   #77
BHPian

cmmon guys we dont get a chance to drive a car in a track daily! do we?

Request everybody to make that day free from other commitments and be on the track to burn some rubber
shailu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 13:42   #78
BHPian

Rahul, like I said earlier, count me in. I will be bringing two friends along to the track too.

Shailu, thats well said. All the while people talk about not being able to check out the track, etc, but chicken out at the last moment... Looking forward to seeing you on the track pal.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 13:47   #79

Hi,

I would be interested in participating but would need a car to race.

Do let me know the total cost including cost of hiring a car

Thanks
destroyer0690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 15:59   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Guys, the tentative dates are 29th or 30th. If we don't have sufficient participation we will have to push to the second week of October. Guys confirmed till now.

1. Quicksilver.
2. Vikram.
3. Shazikon.
4. ROC.
5. Tadu.
6. shailu.
7. myself.

Shaz, brraj might be joining us as well in his Ikon.

ST7677 honestly speaking I suggest you get the Civic on track. Its a lot of fun. Yes, you have to drive maturely as you do on public roads but thats about it. FISSME's will be available for rent based on the number of people who want them and they will be priced around 1500 for a 10 lap session. Also kindly let me know your height because a lot of members could not fit into FISSME's. I request you go to the motorsports section and read up on all the previous track day threads as well. There have been atleast 5 or more of them here.

Shailu, very well said. I suggest you guys take off from whatever work you have. Because this is an opportunity that we might not get all the time. Lets make best use of it.

Sri Ram, I like your spirit. I am hoping that your friends too will be driving their cars on track?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 16:16   #81
BANNED

So! The date is 29th or 30th? Rather than the 7th as we got in our mail boxes yesterday!

Freeze the date and I can also confirm if I can come or not. Being Ramzan, it's not very flexible unless if planned earlier. Work is hectic too!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 16:18   #82

hi mclarren1885, i'm new here and i'm new for track driving, but i've done a lot of those stunts with our car earlier (esteem, zen & lancer), me and my brother both love to try the track with our new car Civic automatic fully loaded.
Even if i could drive or not i'm 100% sure to make it for the track to coimbatore and probably a short trip to ooty. it would be a nice short break from our business.
Also, i'm willing to pay a share for the track rental even if i dont drive a car. Plz do let me know the exact dates , so that i can plan my schedule accordingly.
by the way thanks for letting me know your post.
Cheers
prodarul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 16:43   #83
Senior - BHPian

Can newbies come there as well? Atleast as spectators?

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 14th September 2007 at 16:44.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 16:46   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
So! The date is 29th or 30th? Rather than the 7th as we got in our mail boxes yesterday!
Gosh! 07 here indicates 2007. Now, I can't seem to remember whether I choose the title indicating such or had I asked one of the mods to change the title a little. The dates are confirmed for the 29th or 30th.

Rocksterraghu, yes newbies are welcome. What car are will you be driving?
Old 14th September 2007, 17:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
The dates are confirmed for the 29th or 30th.

Rocksterraghu, yes newbies are welcome. What car are will you be driving?
Just checked my schedule. Can't leave Hyderabad before 28th afternoon. I'll have to reach Mysore and get my car from there to Coimbatore. So, if it is 29th, I'm out.

If it is 30th, I'll be there for sure. I have a Baleno, but to drive on the track, I have no prior experience and hence a little apprehensive. Any inputs regarding the procedure and risk would be very well appreciated.

I'll be a spectator for sure if it is on 30th. I'll confirm if I'm driving after looking at your inputs.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 17:53   #86
BHPian

For the guys who are going to drive the car on the track for the first time and the guys who need some input on how to drive on track , since the cars what we drive on the track do not have roll cage do not take corners in high speed other wise if you see straight's go flat out.

For more informations come down to coimbatore Track day
shailu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 18:12   #87
BANNED

Raghu, none of us here on the confirmed list are professionals. We all have started just like you are going to. My inputs would be to take your time, get to know the track and your car well before pushing pedal to metal. Remember, this is NOT A RACE. It is an opportunity for us to enjoy a day out on track driving our cars harder without having to worry about a cyclist, biker or a trucker smashing into us.

You don't need prior experience to drive on track. Since everyone has a first time. What you need is a responsible head on your shoulders. Thats it. For more info read the following threads.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...nwards-20.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...hennai-12.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...h-march-8.html (Post Meet Review : Track day - 11th & 12th March)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...t-pics-17.html

This is the first track day a couple of BHPians and I had been to.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...r-track-3.html (Bangy boys on Sriperambadur track)

I have done Kari and track is not dangerous since most of the corners are "S" bends. Except for the longish main straight and C1. But we will have this covered and put a chicane half way to reduce the risks.
Old 14th September 2007, 18:16   #88
BANNED

Where are the rest? Ajmat, brraj, headers, karthik, rayz, wolf, 16v100bhp, raajks, psycho and the rest?
Old 15th September 2007, 11:50   #89
BHPian

i am tied up with my project work and will not be available for some time...i wont be able to make it...
babureddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 12:50   #90
BHPian

Am in too (with my OHC). Not sure if I want to race as of now; having first time jitters (plus not sure how much would the car's clutch would wear out in such an event; wouldn't want to drive back without functioning clutch; FWIW, the car went for 60k service about a month back, and the service folks said that the clutch is "fine").
agentsmith is offline   Reply With Quote