Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: So what will you do at this track day?
Will be driving my own/friends car. 28 62.22%
Will be glad to be a spectator only. 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th July 2007, 16:07   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default Track Day at Coimbatore on 30th September. Report starts on page 16.

Guys, have some good news.

In the other track day thread we are having this Aug 4th 07 at the MMST, I had mentioned that Kari will not allow saloon cars without roll cages. Which was mandatory up until now. However, I have managed to talk to people that matter and have gotten this rule relaxed. Yes, we will be allowed to take our saloon cars to the KMS track starting from this September 07.

Since the rule of mandatory roll cage was brought up with a prime intention of stopping mishaps happen at the dangerous C1 (considering that the straight is almost 900mtrs) we will be enforcing certain changes to the layout of the track itself to minimize risks at this particular corner. We will be henceforth introducing a chicane on the straight to cut down the speeds. While we will be ready with the rest of rules in the days to come keeping in mind safety issues as our primary concern. I would like to know how many of you would be interested in taking your cars to the track.

I need to work out the track expenses and other details on how to run this entire event. I am told that it would be impossible to have an arrive and drive system like the MMST. So I need as many numbers as possible, as early as possible. Some of us are very excited to try out the KMS. We have gotten a chance that many could only dream of, now its upto us to make the best use of it.

Sincere request to all of you who wish to join some of us to kindly vote for the following.

1. If you will be taking your car onto track kindly vote. Be it your own car or your friend's.

2. Kindly vote if you are interested in coming as a spectator only. We need to work out something for you guys also.

So let the votes keep rolling. Request our members from cities like Bombay, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune all try to make it to this one. It will be loads of fun.

Expecting a good turnout.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 07:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

What are the dates?? It will be easier to decide the free time as per that..
Obviously you will plan for a weekend but still it will be better to put up tentative dates..

Also please give a choice of 2 dates only. Or this thread will turn into one of those i can make it here or i cant make it there..

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 23:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

friday is a bit tough.. is there any chance for a sunday
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 23:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

I shall be there .
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 14:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

I'm in 99%.

twenty characters
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 19:15   #6
BANNED

Sumit, I will have to check the availability of the track first. Will be putting up the dates shortly. The course will be a single day course. It will either be on a Saturday or Sunday.

Guys, I need a bigger turnout. As I have already mentioned we cannot have a arrive and drive sorts at Kari. I am trying hard to get together some FISSME's for all those who are too scared to get their cars on track.

There will be a surprise for all who come. You can watch the best of the single seaters in India in action.
Old 6th August 2007, 00:17   #7
BANNED

hey mcl sorry could' n make it to the previous meet and track day had few problems and not going to miss this again ,i am in.
Dark_Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 10:44   #8
BHPian

I am in. So is Mr. W123 300d. I should ve my car ready by then.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 13:09   #9
BANNED

Harrie, kindly vote in the poll. I need atleast 15-20 cars.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:16   #10
BANNED

Cars confirmed till now.

1. Ajmat's Vtec.
2. Tadu's Elantra.
3. ROC's Cedia.
4. Vikram's swift.
5. Harrie's Palio.
6. Charan's 300D.
7. Agressive Anush's esteem.
8. Jay's zen.
9. My baleno.
Old 8th August 2007, 19:34   #11
BANNED

Already managed to organize 2 LGB esteem's and 1 FISSME for all those who prefer renting cars and not driving their own. Trying to rope in atleast 3 more FISSME's. Will post all the details and the pricing soon.

Where is everybody? Isn't anyone from Chennai interested in coming? Numbers, numbers. We need more numbers.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Very much interested, but with a clear set of dates it would be easier to plan and apply for leaves and stuff. I cannot confirm whether I could get my car at this point of time.
speedmiester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 22:11   #13
BHPian

I'm in ... Only thing got to make sure it does not clash with any other motorsport events.
rdkarthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 22:51   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Already managed to organize 2 LGB esteem's and 1 FISSME for all those who prefer renting cars and not driving their own. Trying to rope in atleast 3 more FISSME's. Will post all the details and the pricing soon.

Where is everybody? Isn't anyone from Chennai interested in coming? Numbers, numbers. We need more numbers.
mclaren me very much interested to make it this time.
but i need to rent do let us know the costs and so on.
( dad said no driving the car to coimbatore )

plus i can only make it if someone accompanies me from down here!
speedzak , artofzen, karthik247, hydrashok, hafi, swathy_d, sharath, jkdas, nikhilv12, crazydriver, mistakenguy, iwonder, nikkibike, pyrorypt.

someone in this list better stand up and make it with me!
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 22:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Sumit, I will have to check the availability of the track first. Will be putting up the dates shortly. The course will be a single day course. It will either be on a Saturday or Sunday.

Guys, I need a bigger turnout. As I have already mentioned we cannot have a arrive and drive sorts at Kari. I am trying hard to get together some FISSME's for all those who are too scared to get their cars on track.

There will be a surprise for all who come. You can watch the best of the single seaters in India in action.
i can give you the contact no.s of siva of wsrf if you're interested in renting out the fissme's
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote