Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2007, 15:12   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Anybody from Bangy headed there tomorrow (Sunday) ?
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 18:49   #47
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Sorry guys wont be making it to Chennai this weekend. Had to drop out since I will be out of town on a trip starting next week and also head to Kari during the last weekend to watch the inaugural touring championship race.

Best of luck to Aditya, John and all the others participating.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 22:43   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

I have to drop out too since i have surprise guests at home tomorrow (not a surprise any more).
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 23:14   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC/MAA
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 125 Times
Talking

Is the event happening, with quite a few folks not being able to attend!!??...This will be my first trip to a motor sports event in Chennai, and i hope it turns out to be a fun event. Many of my friends stateside are also eager to hear what i have to say after i attend this event!!....
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 23:21   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Is the event happening, with quite a few folks not being able to attend!!??...This will be my first trip to a motor sports event in Chennai, and i hope it turns out to be a fun event. Many of my friends stateside are also eager to hear what i have to say after i attend this event!!....

nick, we (Team-BHPians) are just a small percentage of the people that will be participating. There are quite a few people out there (especially in chennai) who will turn out for these races & you will be surprised that chennai has such crowds. do go there & enjoy yourself. make sure you meet some BHPians.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 17:56   #51
BHPian
 
Harrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KA 03, KL 12, TN 38
Posts: 699
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Its a team-bhp 1-2-3 in the esteem class!!!!

1. Rdkkarthik
2. Psycho
3. v1p3r
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 18:20   #52
BHPian
 
pawan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: auckland, new zealand
Posts: 867
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Its a team-bhp 1-2-3 in the esteem class!!!!

1. Rdkkarthik
2. Psycho
3. v1p3r
what was rd karthik car running.

and timings.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 18:50   #53
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Can we have the rest of the results please?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 20:32   #54
BHPian
 
Ford Rocam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai-India
Posts: 880
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Can we have the rest of the results please?
Along with Pics & report I think Nitrous should have got it.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 21:18   #55
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Last I heard rdkarthik won the class with a stock esteem running only his ECU. Boggle boy drove tuner's tced esteem. 1600 cc class was creamed by the Vtec's.

For some reason there were no timings and it was an elimination format. Aditya was paired up against a swift in the practice sessions and he won and against a tced esteem during the actual race. I found it totally unfair. Least the organizers could have done is pair a car against another NA car
. I know there were no separate classes for NA or FI but still. I know we will have plenty of reasons like no time etc. But since this was an official event the least we all expected is timing equipment. Or organize it on another day with plenty of time. No offense, but we have had our days criticizing ACI and MAI for their mistakes. I hope people take this in the right spirit.

Also, in the foreign open I hear only the Mivec'd Lancer & JD's Cayenne took part. Awaiting the pics and some videos I have been promised are going to come up.

Last but not the least congratulations to all the winners.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 22:21   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

No surprise that TBHPians emerged as the victors

Congrats boys (and uncless!)
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 22:40   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,674
Thanked: 958 Times
Default

it was a really great day well spent at the track ...

me and fiery enzyme reached the track around 12ish and we were just in time to watch the formula swift ....

this is my first time to the track ( and i call chennai my home town )

we just thoro'ly enjoyed watching the F-SWIFTS storming across the track andthen followed by the F-CHEVROLET...

it was really great that we could walk around the track and view the race from all possible angles ( never knew this was allowed !! ).....

FIERY ENZYME i guess will be posting some really good vids by t'row....

post the formula races, around 3.30 - 4 ish the drags started ......

as mcl had summarised the results - not going into that bit....

but then - it was a great sight to see the MIVECd lancer cream the cayenne ( dunno whether the cayenne driver was taking it easy or wat ? ) - after that one of the esteems also beat the cayenee -dunno whose esteem thatwas.....

the CITYS were a sight to behold - i think there were in total 6 citys ( not sure.... )

2 had weight reduction ( rear doors removed... )

surprisingly the city that won ( a golden, silvery one ) was running stock wheels up front ( vtec alloys ) and rear were steel rims...!!

this car, the white city with a black hood and the MIVEC lancer sounded too good ...

there was also a zen which did pretty well in a couple of runs ( one where it beat one of the esteems and another run where it was ahead of the swift )....

net net - a day very well spent...but then i suppose not many bhpians from chennai could make it....
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 22:57   #58
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
but then - it was a great sight to see the MIVECd lancer cream the cayenne ( dunno whether the cayenne driver was taking it easy or wat ? ) - after that one of the esteems also beat the cayenee -dunno whose esteem thatwas.....
Knowing the Cayenne belonged to JD I don't think he would have taken it easy. Mivec'd lancer belongs to Farhan or better known as Sideways here. And the esteem that took the Cayenne later was Rdkarthik's.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 00:00   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
surprisingly the city that won ( a golden, silvery one ) was running stock wheels up front ( vtec alloys ) and rear were steel rims...!!
Goes to prove my assumption in n_aditya's thread. . The experts wouldn't agree with me. I am taking part in the next drag, guests or not.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 00:06   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 267 Times
Default

KD drove the Cayenne and JD drove Sideways' mivec.
They did the runs twice and it was very close between the Dad and son both the times. And both won once.
Quote:
For some reason there were no timings and it was an elimination format. Aditya was paired up against a swift in the practice sessions and he won and against a tced esteem during the actual race. I found it totally unfair. Least the organizers could have done is pair a car against another NA car
. I know there were no separate classes for NA or FI but still. I know we will have plenty of reasons like no time etc. But since this was an official event the least we all expected is timing equipment. Or organize it on another day with plenty of time. No offense, but we have had our days criticizing ACI and MAI for their mistakes. I hope people take this in the right spirit.
RDKarthik's NA esteem beat Psycho's turbo esteem.
And this drag was purely a casual event.Prizes were distributed though.
PS:I dont want to start any kind of argument.So,thats it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL
Goes to prove my assumption in n_aditya's thread. . The experts wouldn't agree with me. I am taking part in the next drag, guests or not.
Steel rims with stock tyres at the rear are used to reduce traction to gain a better time.

Last edited by nitrous : 13th August 2007 at 00:08.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Sprint Drag Race @ Jaipur: Sunday, 24th August 2014 sudev Indian Motorsport 0 17th August 2014 19:07
Bangaloreans - Meter jam on 12th August dadu Street Experiences 41 29th September 2010 13:15
Deccan Quarter Mile Drag IV -12th & 13th Dec v1p3r Indian Motorsport 126 25th January 2010 19:45
TBHP Delhi Meet on 8th August (Route 04, Khan Market, 08 August 2009 , 5.30 pm) harishnayak The Team-BHP Meet Section 158 12th August 2009 21:25
Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet in June, July & now August! Reports Added Insane Devil The Team-BHP Meet Section 137 8th October 2006 19:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks