Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 13th August 2007, 00:34   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan
surprisingly the city that won ( a golden, silvery one ) was running stock wheels up front ( vtec alloys ) and rear were steel rims...!!

Am talking about this, dear friend. It is all up there, mostly, in a drag.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 03:11   #62
sAP
BHPian

Who's got the pictures? Pass em up.
sAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 10:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

man - so wished i could hav ebeen there . was down with a severe case of fever! :(

next time I am GOING to be there.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 10:15   #64
Team-BHP Support

What happened to the timing? A drag race without times is kinda....
But I guess its all good fun at the end.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 10:27   #65
BHPian

Yes Robin, agree with you that a drag event without timing is strange. The organisers asked the participants to choose between 'knockout' and 'timing' and the majority chose 'knockout'. But end of the day, it was a lot of fun and got to meet many t-bhpians.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 11:12   #66
BHPian

It was a lot of fun.... We seriously need more of official track days and drag runs..

Last edited by rdkarthik : 13th August 2007 at 11:13.
rdkarthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 11:13   #67
Team-BHP Support

oye! I hope to see you & your cars next weekend at Kari! Oh yea, expect 2 more speedruns before the end of the year.
Old 13th August 2007, 12:00   #68
BHPian

Thumbs up

any pics of the event
zulfikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 14:13   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Knowing the Cayenne belonged to JD I don't think he would have taken it easy. Mivec'd lancer belongs to Farhan or better known as Sideways here. And the esteem that took the Cayenne later was Rdkarthik's.
KD Madan was driving the Cayenne and JD was driving the Mivec Lancer. I saw them both pulling each others leg after one practise run and i can tell u neither of them was takin it easy.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 14:14   #70
sAP
BHPian

rdkarthik, heard you were golden. What exactly did you have under your hood?

sAP
sAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 14:16   #71
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
It was a lot of fun.... We seriously need more of official track days and drag runs..
I am working hard at the first thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech
oye! I hope to see you & your cars next weekend at Kari! Oh yea, expect 2 more speedruns before the end of the year.
Robin, I will be there along with Tadu to watch the touring championship. Also can we have ANY details on the speedrun? Just locations would help. Some of us need to do a lot of planning and saving. Any happening in South?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 14:24   #72
Team-BHP Support

I believe they have one planned for Hyderabad and the other back in Bombay. November/December respectively. So start preparing.
Old 13th August 2007, 14:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL
Am talking about this, dear friend. It is all up there, mostly, in a drag.
Watsup with that??
I don't get ur point.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 14:42   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

First off i want to thank Slipstream & Islero for helping me around and boosting my confidence till the nth minute.

Here is my report.

Reached the track at around 2pm. Met up with Nitrous and Slipstream on the way. Reached the track to see Psycho, Harrie, Santosh, and v1p3r.

As usual v1p3r was hungry as ever and off went nitrous lookin for food coupons to feed the hungry devil. After some chicken biryani and beer was consumed by the two (v1p3r and psycho) we all regrouped to see the formula chevy rolons rippin on the track. It was quite a sight.

Then we got a call for registration and after that was done finally the event started.

Since there were only around 30 cars and since there was no timing system (some confusion between FRK and the organiser's) and no christmas lights it was decided that the drag would be flagged off and it would be a nose to nose finish (which car finished first was the winner) with the loser eliminated.

All of us lined up for one practise run. This was my first professionally organised event (and will definitely not be the last) and i felt it could have been done better. No one was scrutinising the cars, no one checked if seatbelts were in good condition, etc (which is religiously done on trackdays). I thought scrutiny was a part of drag races.

Anyway i lined up next to a grey swift. My body was pumping gallons of adrenalin by the pass of each second. I was nervous, anxious, hands trembling with excitement - so much that i never knew it would take eternity to tighten a helmet strap

The swift was also running headers and free flow. We lined up for the practise run, i revved to 2.5k to 3k RPM with the clutch slipping, dumped it on the drop of the green flag, and within few meters the swift was behind me. Finished with the swift around 2 to 3 car lengths behind.

Will post the videos in a bit.

Anyway after the practise run it was time to do the real thing. I was running against Psycho's Turbocharged esteem and my confidence fell a little bit. We started off and kept pace but that was it. After the turbo kicked in it was all over. I managed to stay about 1 or 2 car lengths behind. Personally i felt i did well although i could improve launches.
Old 13th August 2007, 14:50   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

It was nice to see all the vtec's competing against each other. Highlight was one Vtec with nos which creamed a chevy rolon car.

At the end of the day i took RDkarthik's Esteem for a drive.

Phew whatta car. MINDBLOWING acceleration and performance. Wheelspins in 2nd and 3rd too.

It was completely stock (no aftermarket air filter, no headers, no FFE) apart from the Stand Alone ECU. Drove in performance mode and the acceleration is superb. Revv's all the way upto 8000RPM. I loved it so much i'm getting one soon.

Will PM u Karthik. Need more details.

Congrats to the winners - Karthik, Psycho and Akshay.

P.S. Akshay you would have finished 2nd if you hadn't gone for additional helpings of the chicken biryani.

I had loads of fun guys. Hope u all did. Was nice to meet Santosh and Harrie. Will catch up with u guys in bangy this month end.

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th August 2007 at 14:56.