Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 9th August 2007, 03:28   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
What are the entry requirements for a official drag race???Also is a drag license from MAI mandatory??
Any car that meets the cc classifications its entered in. And a couple of other factors which will be put up in the supplementary regulations very soon. Yes, you would need a MAI license. Its mandatory.

One can take part in a fully drag prepped car to a stock car as long as you don't break any rules.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 11:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
Biju, i thought u were gonna be around to give me moral support.
I am really sorry, man. Not only was I planning to cheer you, but also looking forward to seeing my first official drag. But could not avoid this trip home as I would not be able to go home for a few weeks, due to having to travel on work. But you anyway have my moral support and I am sure you would do good at the event. Best of Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D
Ok folks, How many of you think Drag racing is kind of boring? Look at the fun you had at the track day, isn't it more complete?
Actually to me track day is kind of boring, compared to drags. I love the adrenalin rush that the short version of motor sports provides.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th August 2007 at 11:34.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 15:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Any car that meets the cc classifications its entered in. And a couple of other factors which will be put up in the supplementary regulations very soon. Yes, you would need a MAI license. Its mandatory.

One can take part in a fully drag prepped car to a stock car as long as you don't break any rules.
In that case i too would like to experience the adrenalin rush u guys are talking about .So first of all What do i need to do to get the Mai license???
lancer_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 16:39   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
In that case i too would like to experience the adrenalin rush u guys are talking about .So first of all What do i need to do to get the Mai license???
4 photos (i guess), a valid driver's license, a doctors signature on the medical form and you are good to go.

It would be better if the organizers like psycho and v1p3r would clarify the doubts and give updates on the SR.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th August 2007 at 16:41.
Old 10th August 2007, 05:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

MAI licence application forms are available at the MAI website, :: MAI :: . You will need to download and fill out the Clubsport licence form, if I'm not mistaken. There will be provisions to apply for the licence on the spot, but I suggest you download the form and get the relevant parts filled out by a doctor near you.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 11:59   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Get a Gtech to practice....you will be amazed how it can improve your timings. Unless you know what you are doing right (and wrong), you will never have a good time.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 12:04   #22
BANNED

Simple trick for those who don't have Gtech is to watch your rev meter. If your revs drop on launch your wheels are spinning and you are loosing time. Ideally when you slip/dump clutch if the revs shoot to say 4k (suppose you are launching at a lower rpm) in one instant and then the needle carries forward to redline without dropping you have achieved the best launch. Needless to say you need to practice this a lot. I have gotten it tons of times when I was going back from the late night meets on isolated roads, but with someone sitting in the car I hardly get it right. Don't know why.
Old 10th August 2007, 13:20   #23
BHPian

GTO,mclaren,V1p3r ,Thanx for the valuable informations...Im gonna send the application ASAP ...
lancer_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 16:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lancer_Maniac, It will take 7 working days to get the license.
But during all the official MAI events there is a provision to apply for the license on the spot by paying 500rs. You will get the license later.
Check with the organisers to know whether this option is available.
speedmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 22:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
If your revs drop on launch your wheels are spinning
Quite the opposite, I would say.
Old 10th August 2007, 22:22   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Quite the opposite, I would say.
Really? 202020202020.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th August 2007 at 22:30.
Old 10th August 2007, 22:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
else give the car to me & I will show you in real time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thats never gonna happen john.
Man, didn't you take that seriously or what ? i have a terrific stock esteem which does better in 1st & 2nd gears than your stage 1 MPFI & a much better driver to boot, now why would i seriously want to drive a pussy scratched car ? LOL If i wanted to drag, it would always be in my car, whether i win or lose. Now, stop thinking about that & drive that (p) car of yours. Sorry for that pussy thing.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 23:03   #28
Team-BHP Support

Point is keep the engine in the power band, when you launch ensure that it doesnt fall off. ie fall short / bog down.

Shift when you feel its tapering off. yes lil bit of over rev is ok, but dont prolong too much @ over rev coz u will loose time.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 23:05   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Man, didn't you take that seriously or what ? i have a terrific stock esteem which does better in 1st & 2nd gears than your stage 1 MPFI & a much better driver to boot, now why would i seriously want to drive a pussy scratched car ? LOL If i wanted to drag, it would always be in my car, whether i win or lose. Now, stop thinking about that & drive that (p) car of yours. Sorry for that pussy thing.
lol so you guys dragging each other? go for it, its cheap and clean fun
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 01:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stop talking, start racing.