Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 27th August 2007, 19:59   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Jitu, and flipsyde, I stand by my words. If you give me a reasonable budget, under that of a turbo job, I could get an Indian Vtec to cross 150 hp NA. I'm not going to go around giving things out, or I know a couple of tuners who would be more than happy to beat the crap out of me, but trust me when I say it can be done, and I've seen it being done.
so you are saying you can make 150 BHP out of OHC.
can you give more details step by step how you are planning to do this.
Im interested in learning how "Indian Honda city" can be modded to make "reliable" 150 bhp on the road @ wheels without a turbo...on pump gas
can you give some details...something like estimated bhp gains after every step etc etc...
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 20:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
Im interested in learning how "Indian Honda city" can be modded to make "reliable" 150 bhp on the road @ wheels without a turbo...on pump gas
can you give some details...something like estimated bhp gains after every step etc etc...
Duh! Did he mention the word "Pump gas" anywhere? What does reliable mean? Some say an engine is reliable if it lasts the race distance, some say for 3 events and some road driving....
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 20:29   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Duh! Did he mention the word "Pump gas" anywhere? What does reliable mean? Some say an engine is reliable if it lasts the race distance, some say for 3 events and some road driving....
Duh ??
he didnt mention..I asked if he can do it on pump gas - go read the question again ..
I dont know what relaible means, let the modder tell us how reliable it is ... can he make it a daily driver or just a drag or track day car...
this is what Im asking...
BTW why are you asking me ? ask v1p3r Im only here to learn how it is done...and "Why is it always esteems and OHCs for track events like drags" why not other cars ? are there parts available for other cars other than OHC and esteem ? why not palio maybe.. its too heavy like a truck ?

Last edited by chetanhanda : 27th August 2007 at 20:33.
Old 27th August 2007, 22:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
V1p3r, you get to try all this stuff on your dad's car? He must be really open minded. I thought the blue baleno was your ride, till mcl1885 enlightened me recently.
No, my dad's car is stock. My own car, bought with my own money, is lying around with its stock engine and another mother of an engine waiting to be put in. And the enlightened one is mclaren's dad, because the Baleno you see belongs to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
Yes, I'm saying I can pull 150 crank horsepower out of the Indian OHC Vtec. And yes, I can give more details. But I don't want to.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 22:39   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
And the enlightened one is mclaren's dad, because the Baleno you see belongs to him.
Kindly get your facts right. The car does not belong to my dad.

Quote:
And yes, I can give more details. But I don't want to.
If you don't want to divulge further information I don't see a reason why you should mention this in the first place. Not many of us here are going to just accept a one line statement from you (or anyone else) and not expect a detailed answer. I have seen you asking similar questions to what Chetan has just done, its just a pity that this new found (don't know what to call it) is making you put out such lame statements. Anyways like your old mantra was "Seeing is believing". Get some of these 150bhp cars on a dyno and then we will acknowledge it.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 22:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Kindly get your facts right. The car does not belong to my dad.
I'm sorry, does it belong to your mom? Or did you work to buy a 5.9 lakh car and then pour another 2 lakhs in mods into it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
If you don't want to divulge further information I don't see a reason why you should mention this in the first place. Not many of us here are going to just accept a one line statement from you (or anyone else) and not expect a detailed answer. I have seen you asking similar questions to what Chetan has just done, its just a pity that this new found (don't know what to call it) is making you put out such lame statements. Anyways like your old mantra was "Seeing is believing". Get some of these 150bhp cars on a dyno and then we will acknowledge it.
Please advise us all as to how your car is putting out 'atleast' 120 bhp, since you've never taken it near a dyno. While you're at it, please explain what 'semi-forged' means, for all us ignorant people. I think you know as well as I do, how D15s can pull out 150 crank hp.

I think this sort of baiting is unnecessary. No tuner is asked to divulge his or her methods, and since these tuners are my friends, I do not think it fair that I divulge them either. If you have a doubt, please PM me and I will send you their number. Feel free to talk to them and quote my name.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 22:49   #82
Team-BHP Support

@mcl and v1p: guys chillax, this is being taken way beyond what is required off, out here atleast
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 22:56   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I'm sorry, does it belong to your mom? Or did you work to buy a 5.9 lakh car and then pour another 2 lakhs in mods into it?
Just to set the record straight, a lot of my own hard earned money has gone into the car. Which includes 6 EMI's too. Yes, by hard earned I mean the money I earned by pouring out my sweat, like I am now. None of which you might be aware of.

Quote:
Please advise us all as to how your car is putting out 'atleast' 120 bhp, since you've never taken it near a dyno.
This figure was given out by my ex-tuner. As per his theory from the quarter mile time my car clocked. You know him, so kindly contact him for any further info.

Quote:
While you're at it, please explain what 'semi-forged' means, for all us ignorant people.
After all these years, you must have understood I am pretty stupid with all the technical jargon. This "semi-forged" theory was ignorant to me too until my ex tuner and another tuner friend of ours told me about it. Infact, I remember you asking the same question to psycho once in my car. And he did give some sort of an explanation. So once again, kindly ask your tuner friends. You could give them my reference and feel free to ask about what they meant by "semi-forged" when they told me about it.

Quote:
and since these tuners are my friends, I do not think it fair that I divulge them either.
Is this some new found theory or an excuse packed due to commercial interests? Because I remember you giving out a lot of info publicly. Or maybe I am mistaken. Anways, I am out of this pointless debate.
Old 27th August 2007, 23:06   #84
BHPian

Wink well ohc's with d15's r capable of "150 crank hp"

Quote:
I think you know as well as I do, how D15s can pull out 150 crank hp.
Well i completely agree with what v1p3r is saying and its known for a fact that the ohc with a d15 is very capable of putting "150 crank hp", but as v1p3r has to say
Quote:
No tuner is asked to divulge his or her methods, and since these tuners are my friends, I do not think it fair that I divulge them either.
so I also cannot disclose it..
memo45_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 23:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

OHC's with D15 and 150bhp aint a tough task NA, if you know what i mean, you need to build a high compression NA build, the same engine in stock form puts out 120bhp in places like Malaysia so getting 30 more bhp NA aint that tough.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 00:10   #86
BANNED

Busa, no one is arguing the fact that D15 Thai spec engines can be easily taken to 150bhp. I was doing some questioning recently, and one of the tuners from a honda forum asked me if we really knew what all parts had to be changed from the Thai Spec to the Indian Spec to get our D15 to put out 150. If yes, then what was the guarantee that changing these parts would give me the above said fig. Since none of them have ever seen our engine to compare it with the Thai spec and I don't think most tuners in our country will be able to differentiate all the parts which are not in common by just looking at it.

Not to mention that, like Jitu pointed out that it would cost a bomb. My point is only that. The Suzi 1300 blocks that are sold abroad come with far better internals than the 1300 blocks sold in India. What if our Honda blocks are similar? What if more that what we are told is to be changed?
Old 28th August 2007, 00:39   #87
Team-BHP Support

You are correct to put out 150 bhp, it will cost a bomb and most often result in a highly tuned, unstable engine. AND IT IS NOT EASY !!

Guys am not a tuner or for that matter, a person with a tuned state of mind either. But i often laugh my guts out with all the tall claims of bhp and what not, which i see around, especially in all our indian forums. I feel we are still very clueless most of the time, quoting stuff which we dont really have any indepth knowledge about.

I only wish these claims are real, and implementable in an indian scenario. Only suggestion is not to hype it beyond fathom and loose out on the amusement value also.

For the time being, due to different minor points made in the various replies and due to limited popularity with 'tuners' wrt other manufacturers, suzuki and honda will rule the indian scene.

Last but not the least, Japanese = cheap COMPARED TO European or American for modifying purpose, in india atleast.

cheers
Jaggu
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 03:25   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
Well i completely agree with what v1p3r is saying and its known for a fact that the ohc with a d15 is very capable of putting "150 crank hp", but as v1p3r has to say

so I also cannot disclose it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
OHC's with D15 and 150bhp aint a tough task NA, if you know what i mean, you need to build a high compression NA build, the same engine in stock form puts out 120bhp in places like Malaysia so getting 30 more bhp NA aint that tough.
You guys may be right, but my question here was how ? has anyone practically built such a NA D15 which works reliably ?
if u are going to rip out the entire D15 and put in a thai spec then its going out off topic...we are not considering Frankensteins/hybrids here ... we are talking of D15 Indian vtec..
e.g.. if u are going to completely change the block,crank piston,head etc will it be a Indian D15 Vtec anymore ?
can anyone plz answer my questions or should we start another thread on how it can make 150 BHP or has already made 150 BHP..
Old 28th August 2007, 03:30   #89
BHPian

Quote:
No tuner is asked to divulge his or her methods, and since these tuners are my friends, I do not think it fair that I divulge them either. If you have a doubt, please PM me and I will send you their number. Feel free to talk to them and quote my name.
dude u dont have to give away ur tuner's secrets ...
you can easily mention whats on your mind regarding building this 150 BHP indian NA vtec... or if u have seen one already can u post some dyno numbers...
Old 28th August 2007, 05:11   #90
Senior - BHPian

Will you all please stop quarreling? I am not a moderator here, but I do believe that these type of discussions make this forum look like shiit.

If v1p3r thinks he knows how to make 150 hp out of a D15, so be it. Until such a fact is proven or disproven, no one needs to debate about it.

And what the hell is this "tuner secrets" thing all about.......GROW UP PEOPLE....WE INDIANS DONT KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT TUNING TO HAVE SECRETS. Simple formula, get more air into the engine, time it properly & do the fueling properly. THERE ARE NO SECRETS.

v1p3r, being cocky is good but if you dont want to give information, at the very least try not to think you're the only one that has access to it. For god's sake, you didn't even DO the work yourself, did you?

Last edited by ananthkamath : 28th August 2007 at 05:12.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote