Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2007, 23:57   #121
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Ananth, I'd appreciate you not calling me names on an open forum.
Ananth, you called him cocky.. he he he. some people take offence at that even though they are cocky !! It is just a state of the mind. Sorry for being too off topic.
cheers




esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 00:33   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Let us all of us take some deep breaths (read as said by a Yoga instruction on SAB or Doordharshan TV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Will you all please stop quarreling? I am not a moderator here, but I do believe that these type of discussions make this forum look like shiit.
I agree.. sorry man but I think you need to read your initial post again and let it go. <deep breaths>

BAck to topic. Like the honda engine has wide range of options for boltons like drag specific headers, someone in TBhp has GReddy headers that turn to copper or something when heated up (really cool).. how come for the Baleno G16b(?) there are no such options available?

sorry
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 01:43   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Deep Breathe

Quote:
how come for the Baleno G16b(?) there are no such options available?
It surely must be having, you just need to search around abroad & import them.

* Deep Breathe*
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 03:25   #124
BHPian
 
chetanhanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 886
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
I have a gist of the entire thing .. b20/k20 swap for a civic,but why exactly is it called frankenstein.

Yes i know what frankenstein is.Thats why i specifically said wrt honda swaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
ok dude .. some new jargon for u
In Honda tuner scene frankenstein = diff combination of head,block,pistons etc .. if u dont want do a frank . u do a swap and change the whole engine instead of parts ..
its common to do change parts as most of Honda parts are interchangeable like D series may share same bore so if u take a piston from a diff model of the same series u get a diff compression ratio etc etc..
or vtec heads on non vtec is another example etc tec
honda has series like D15,D16,D17,B16,B18 etc etc .. just mix and match kind of possibilities are more

Im sure the mag u are refering to has picked up this terminolgy from here..
does this answer ur query ?
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 03:26   #125
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Daniel Baleno too does have engine swap options. Mainly the J18 and the J20. Its another thing all together to import these engines. One can also put in the swift sport engine too IMO. But I have not come across anyone who has tried it yet.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 18:09   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

hummm. Mcl. I wasnt talking about engine swaps. At the moment happy with the G16B however was talking about something like Headers. Far cheaper and better to fabricate from guys like Raj eh?
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 18:14   #127
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
hummm. Mcl. I wasnt talking about engine swaps. At the moment happy with the G16B however was talking about something like Headers. Far cheaper and better to fabricate from guys like Raj eh?
Daniel, you do get bolt on headers, cams, intake manifolds, conrods, pistons etc for the G16B. From the US, OZ amongst other places in Japan. Thing is they work out too expensive on landing here and no one has really taken it up to import Suzi parts. Besides, when you have people like Raj giving Suzuki guys themselves some complexes by clocking 13's I don't think we should complain .
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 11:17   #128
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default some maths!

there are some simple formule for the power measuremnets.
work done
1>power=-------
time

(torque*rpm)
so power= -----------------
time
torque*rpm
also hp=------------ -
5252
brake mean effective pressure*engine capacity in ltrs*rpm
so hp=-------------------------------------------------------------
1300


torque in lb ft*2.475
bmep=-----------------------------
engine capacity in litres

so if hp =150 ; capacity =1.5ltrs;rpm is 7500
bmep*1.5*7500
then 150=-------------------
13000
so it comes to 173.333 psi @ 7500 rpm
so only if the so called tuned honda can develop 173.33 psi at whooping 7500 rpm then its therotically possible <i said therotically>
now cuas check out the bmep of current 1.5 v tec at 7500 rpm -as i dont have all the data of 1.5 v tec .
then
displacement in cubic inch*rpm*volumetric efficiency
cfm=---------------------------------
3456*100
will give the max consumption of air
then
petrol gives max power at 1:12.5 ratio
so ull be getting the fuel cunsumed by the engine <assuming 100% is burnt
then calculate the total energy of the fuel energy . u can convert max 20% in the most efficient petrol engines!!

once u know the air consumption + u know the rpm at which the the gas speed is to be calculated then
mean gas speed in ft per sec*5400*valve area in square inches
rpm=--------------------------------------------------------
cylinder volume in cc
it will give u the gas speed through the valves for pent roof and hemi combustion chambers estimated gas speed is standard..200;sports 215;semi race/ralley235:and full on race 260 to 280
now u do the calculations nad see...........

then urself evalute the extra breathing required to gulp that kingd of air .

the highest brake mean effective pressure occurs at the max torque
the avrage motors run @ 165psi.rally engines run @185-205 psi bracket,racing motors range @205 to 230 psi and few exceptional motors will run @240 psi NA
superbikes show @195 some nudging @200 psi .
--------- this is mathematically correct interpritation of power .. now
please please dont try to prove me wrong p.s.
i dont have a commertial intrest in prooving my point too !
so guies please find out the figures please do the mathe <let mr know the figures too !!!
TURBOSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 17:12   #129
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default its one more juiced car!!!

just check out the morons!!!
check out the power output on the duno sheets at top rhs corner!
Video - Leaf Blower Bolt on Dyno pull
and never try this when u r infront of the car period!!

Last edited by TURBOSAM : 8th September 2007 at 17:18.
TURBOSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 08:39   #130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default hello!

anybody there? why everyone stopped writing on this topic?
TURBOSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 04:36   #131
BHPian
 
doomsday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 4 Times
Smile Finally!!!

Have been following this thread for a long time. Just went through thw whole thing again. Noticed that it has already gone seriously OT on more than one occasions. My thoughts on this one:

Why Esteems??

One will usually find the Esteem doing duty as the rental saloon at the tracks here. Its a no-brainer. Cost: Cheap to acquire and maintain. Tried and tested powerplant. Easily available upgrades (chassis/engine) and easy (and relatively cheaper) to fix if something goes kaput.

Why OHCs??

Well, OHCs are the choice for most enthusiastics who do not mind paying the premium for better performance. Now, the thing to note here is: a car's performance is as good as its overall tuning and setup. So there are no constants here. Everything is variable including performance from one OHC to another.

Pros of the OHC: the badge. Easily available (although not always cheap) upgrades for chassis/engine including frankenstiens. A nutter of a powerplant that begs to be thrashed and always eager to embrace the rev-limiter.

Cons: Probably the only one. Acquiring cost. Although depends from place to place and the demand-supply ratio. Also the fact that (compartively)not many people bought the VTEC spec, just because they thought Hmm... 100 K plus for 6 bhp and some alloys. Naah. (Not including the people who were aware of what this anocrym meant at that time but about the non-performance oriented middle-upper class families who was the target audience for the 10 Lks+ on road sedan)

And if someone has noticed both these cars (Esteem and OHC) are not out and out handlers when it comes to factory stock cars as both run a very comfy (read soft) suspension setup which is not track oriented at all.

Just my $0.02. Please feel free to comment on my opinion. But no "X is better than Y"

Thanks.
doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:42   #132
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default yes!

i totelly agree with u .
one addition to the pros of both the cars, both the care are very light though they are not really strong enough to withstand the regular thrashing even in stock form, power to weight ratio is on the feverable side.and thats the main advantage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Have been following this thread for a long time. Just went through thw whole thing again. Noticed that it has already gone seriously OT on more than one occasions. My thoughts on this one:

Why Esteems??

One will usually find the Esteem doing duty as the rental saloon at the tracks here. Its a no-brainer. Cost: Cheap to acquire and maintain. Tried and tested powerplant. Easily available upgrades (chassis/engine) and easy (and relatively cheaper) to fix if something goes kaput.

Why OHCs??

Well, OHCs are the choice for most enthusiastics who do not mind paying the premium for better performance. Now, the thing to note here is: a car's performance is as good as its overall tuning and setup. So there are no constants here. Everything is variable including performance from one OHC to another.

Pros of the OHC: the badge. Easily available (although not always cheap) upgrades for chassis/engine including frankenstiens. A nutter of a powerplant that begs to be thrashed and always eager to embrace the rev-limiter.

Cons: Probably the only one. Acquiring cost. Although depends from place to place and the demand-supply ratio. Also the fact that (compartively)not many people bought the VTEC spec, just because they thought Hmm... 100 K plus for 6 bhp and some alloys. Naah. (Not including the people who were aware of what this anocrym meant at that time but about the non-performance oriented middle-upper class families who was the target audience for the 10 Lks+ on road sedan)

And if someone has noticed both these cars (Esteem and OHC) are not out and out handlers when it comes to factory stock cars as both run a very comfy (read soft) suspension setup which is not track oriented at all.

Just my $0.02. Please feel free to comment on my opinion. But no "X is better than Y"

Thanks.
TURBOSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post all pictures of modded Esteems ZTE Modifications & Accessories 154 14th September 2010 21:05
Used OHCs. Which one to choose? Unknownsatan Sedans 27 20th July 2009 18:29
Difference in BHP outputs of BS II and BS III esteems BlackPearl Technical Stuff 11 24th September 2007 00:04
My Esteems Back!!! GTO The Indian Car Scene 26 25th November 2004 16:11
Which off these "Drags" would you like to see? Shan2nu The International Automotive Scene 3 14th March 2004 14:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks