Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 24th January 2006, 21:10   #31
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey guys,

Source : Carriage (Asian Age supplement)

By the end of August 2004 a new GoKarting track located near the International airport in Mumbai should be open to the public (hopefully!)
Thanks to Sanjay Narang and Sachin Tendulkar for making this happen. They say that they are not in it for the money, but more as enthusiasts.... so that sounds great!
A special concrete-asphalt was imported for the track surface, so hopefully that will make those 14+bhp karts more manageable on the turns when the time comes!

Im really looking forward to this!! Next TBHP meet here? what say!

cheers
R

Pics> from the Asian Age supplement > Carriage

How does it compare with Hakone (Hiranandani, Powai), Landmarc Citi ( Worli) and The Acres (Chembur)?

People, how does one compare go-kart tracks? degree-of-difficulty, length, safety? anybody?
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 00:09   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
How does it compare with Hakone (Hiranandani, Powai), Landmarc Citi ( Worli) and The Acres (Chembur)?

People, how does one compare go-kart tracks? degree-of-difficulty, length, safety? anybody?
Well as i mentioned 2 posts back, this place is now closed!
Same goes for Landmarc Citi, which closed more than a year back...

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 19:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

you gotta be kidding...!! it seems like only yesterday that i went to the formula karting track ...!! i had heard that the venture was one of many, from a partner of the "mars" restaurant group. i thought this place was gonna be maintained by the same "mars" proprietor....

sad... i heard that it cost almost 50 lacs to build the track and bring in the carts....ALL THAT MONEY...down the drain..!!!
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote