Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 27th November 2007, 21:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Delhi does have good roads - and if the MRF team is also taking part- its like taking the mountain to mohamad! I am sure the turnoout will be great. Wonder if we can have something similar in chennai... that would be fun!

Last edited by madan80 : 27th November 2007 at 22:00. Reason: deleted some stuff!
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 23:59   #17
BHPian

its great news.It wont be nascar it will be the sallon catagory that runs in india now , what ever that is.Presumably if it goes ok then they'll b more racing there. keep us posted...
dreadcontrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 02:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

Great news!!

Rtech - What city is next on the list??

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
This is not the 1950s.The races have stringent safety standards.
And how in God's name do U find running over spectators funny to U(including 2 smilies)??
HOW?
Now reading this...I can safely say that you have not spent a considerable amount of time in the other hemisphere of our country.

The problem is lack of exposure. Now I know all the bhpians here from all over the country are here because they are enthusiasts, albiet to different degrees. But the rest of the crowd, who has never been exposed to any kind of circuit racing, a street race on closed public roads might just be the thing needed to create some trouble from the unaware section of the spectators who might think it is some kind of a circus show and not particulary dangerous, which it is.. and in large dollops. In fact, during the 1950s people elsewhere would have been much more aware.

I have spent 18 years of my life in the north and the awareness about safety and automobiles especially can be easily rated close to nil. I'll give a small example to illustrate this:

Some members of another biking community, had formed a riding club alongwith a fuctional website+forum (which is rare in those parts) and used to do long rides and stuff. Once during the afternoon, on a busy intersection in the city of Lucknow (capital of UP, same state where Noida is in, although it is considered more as part of the NCR) they were coming back from one of their rides.

The four bikes were pulled over by the cops, questioned even though all their papers were in order, and harrassed for over an hour. Reason: They were wearing full riding gear including jackets, gloves and full face helmets. The cops' allegation was that they were going to rob a bank .. otherwise why would anyone wear so many clothes to hide every possible body part. With such moronic thinking on part of the law, the level of awareness in the general public, who are the spectators can be expected to have.

I'm sure that the management behind the event will be having considerable prior experience in organising such events but when it comes to India there is always another factor thrown in, which is not the case in many other places.

Regarding the smilies, I meant that I didn't find the fact funny but said it in a manner that the management should consider these factors otherwise our delight may be short-lived. I'm never good with smilies and hence mostly avoid using them. So maybe it transaltes to something that I didn't intend it to mean.

Last edited by doomsday : 28th November 2007 at 14:03.
doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:42   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Now reading this...I can safely say that you have not spent a considerable amount of time in the other hemisphere of our country.

The problem is lack of exposure. Now I know all the bhpians here from all over the country are here because they are enthusiasts, albiet to different degrees. But the rest of the crowd, who has never been exposed to any kind of circuit racing, a street race on closed public roads might just be the thing needed to create some trouble from the unaware section of the spectators who might think it is some kind of a circus show and not particulary dangerous, which it is.. and in large dollops. In fact, during the 1950s people elsewhere would have been much more aware.

I have spent 18 years of my life in the north and the awareness about safety and automobiles especially can be easily rated close to nil. I'll give a small example to illustrate this:

Some members of another biking community, had formed a riding club alongwith a fuctional website+forum (which is rare in those parts) and used to do long rides and stuff. Once during the afternoon, on a busy intersection in the city of Lucknow (capital of UP, same state where Noida is in, although it is considered more as part of the NCR) they were coming back from one of their rides.

The four bikes were pulled over by the cops, questioned even though all their papers were in order, and harrassed for over an hour. Reason: They were wearing full riding gear including jackets, gloves and full face helmets. The cops' allegation was that they were going to rob a bank .. otherwise why would anyone wear so many clothes to hide every possible body part. With such moronic thinking on part of the law, the level of awareness in the general public, who are the spectators can be expected to have.
oh cmon,Lucknow ,even though is the capital of UP is a small town and hasn't seen the exposure that noida has in the past few years.
it is obvious that the that the roads will be barricaded on the sides to prevent any spectator from running on the track.and irrespective of territory,education level,everybody knows that jumping in front of a car especially a race car will kill you.
its disheartening to see negativity in your posts.these events have to start somewhere,and if the govt is planning to hold an event,it will do so with standard safety procedures.remember,this is the same govt.that help build the delhi metro in 5yrs.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 17:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
oh cmon,Lucknow ,even though is the capital of UP is a small town and hasn't seen the exposure that noida has in the past few years.
it is obvious that the that the roads will be barricaded on the sides to prevent any spectator from running on the track.and irrespective of territory,education level,everybody knows that jumping in front of a car especially a race car will kill you.
its disheartening to see negativity in your posts.these events have to start somewhere,and if the govt is planning to hold an event,it will do so with standard safety procedures.remember,this is the same govt.that help build the delhi metro in 5yrs.
All I have mentioned in my post was what I have personally encountered and this was only one of the many incidents I've come across while I was in that area. I'm not giving any views, the fact is that I have been there seen that. It is good to see something coming up to better the situation of motorsports in the country, irrespective of where it comes up.

What I want to say is that if the govt. is involved in the conception and management of this event, they better get some people who have good experience of logistics and the works needed to organize an event like this to ensure the safety regulations are adehred to and maximum number of people are able to enjoy the event.
doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 18:43   #22
BANNED

The question is .. where are they getting 60 cars equipped with roll cages and stuff from ?? Besides Team MRF who else has such cars ... also its only 1600 cc and above cars so makes me wonder . Also arn't the dates clashing with some event down south , one of them track days or something ? But if it is happening and happening the way they have portrayed it then it definitely will be an event to go for and hope it becomes an annual event .

Rt @@ Does this mean that we have to organise a meat in your honour .... I do look forward to that though .
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 17:38   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Rtech - What city is next on the list??
Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore. When? Can't say....!

Khaadu, I was in your neck of the woods yesterday. Came in at 10am, left at 6pm!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 18:53   #24
BANNED

Has there been any confirmation of the event ?

btw only Rollcage Vehicles are allowed ? :(
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 18:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What i read was no modification allowed other than the once done by the organisers.
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 19:42   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Khaadu, I was in your neck of the woods yesterday. Came in at 10am, left at 6pm!
You shud have called ... Im rite next to the airport , could have picked you up and taken you to wherever and grabbed a few yrs in the middle !! So when you coming next .. maybe then .
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 21:14   #27
BANNED

The Organisers mostly do no modifications unless they are going to provide all the cars.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 14:57   #28
BHPian

Anyone got more details on this, besides the usual PR stuff in the news websites? Whats the deal, cost etc...
Considering its in 24 days, cant seem to find any details.
Anyone taking part?
MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 14:05   #29
BHPian

Desperately waiting to burn my car tyres
RishiSuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 03:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Nothing on the MAI site yet, and how are you guys going to manage the INTCC and this on consecutive weekends?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote