Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 10th January 2005, 12:53   #46
Team-BHP Support

Full review/report (With pics) will be up by the evening.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 12:57   #47
BHPian

Yesterday i lost track of where everyone went. During the damn long break i went and sat in my car and then when i came back to where we were standing i couldnt find anyone. Where did everyone go???
aggressive_anush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 13:30   #48
Tom
BHPian

I had a lousy run too. The bikes gear box issues are haunting us....LOL.
Despite so many problems we're happy to have made it to the top 6 in the indian open and 350 class and run in the finals.
Trying to shift gears at 12,000 revs on a 20yr old bike culd be a pain.

Got to meet Rtech and artofzen.....real nice chaps!

cheers!
Tom

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th January 2005 at 18:18.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 14:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
LOL, man these guys are very good at messing up engines. Honda's perform best in NA trim. Unless you know a person who's like really qualified, never get your car TC'd or NOS injected.

Looking at the times these Indian NOS and TC cars are pulling, i don't see what they've really gained in terms of performance.

Shan2nu
The orange honda oil pump failed. it was modded by a highly qualified guy and such things occur out of the blue.
z klasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 15:24   #50
Team-BHP Support

anybody has got hold of all the timings, this time around was busy n bust with some stuff couldnt keep track of the event..
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 15:32   #51
Team-BHP Support

no offence to any one please, but isnt it fun to pep a older car n run instead of already fast technically advanced cars, as in fun watching a pepped up ol chevy drag instead of a ferrari, sorry had a heavy lunch n suddenly am getting wierd thoughts
Old 10th January 2005, 16:10   #52
BHPian

Hey,
first of all our drive from cochin to B'lore was a very eventful one.. Will write that in some other thread sometime..
artofzen n autoslave have got some pics.. Will be getting them in by evening.. We recorder a 50min video on Kphilips's sony handy cam.. Will be givin it to get it convrted to a CD.. May be we'l courier one over to Mumbai.. Man, the bikes were real fast.. We were at the finish line and trying to get them.. We zoomed to the start line and boy its so tough to get the whole race in one frame.. One factor being inexperience(recording such stuff), and to get a proper view with this crowd, tough... So the 50 odd min video of the 2days events looks like one taken by a small kid.. Hey except for some bike drags, have got some decent videos..
There was this blue busa(with num 36 on it).. Dint that win, or was it the R1??
And i thought although the evo beat the Peugoet when they took on each other, the peugoet clocked a better time when it took on the BMW??
Evo was the best, no doubt bout that.. But peugoet guy stole the show.. He was simply too good....
There was a crash(suzuki gsxr 1000).. He was taking on an R1.. The R1 finished ahead.. Just before the GSXR reached the finish, he accelarated, donno why(guess dissapointed cos he lost).. Thus he went all the way to the end of the runway and almost went and hit the wall at the boundary.. But he fell just before that.. Right indicator in the front broke.. And some scratches too on the bike.. Many of the guys n gals watching ran to the spot.. Even i too went to check with this guy.. But he seemed to be ok.. He gave a thumps up.. Got back on the bike and left.. The ambulance(i think 2 of them reached there after all got over ..
This was a small hault in the drag.. but it got started again..
The other most applauded was the TVS guy who did the wheelie.... And man, it was real good..
Hey there was this guy with a car which all called the F1(forgot his name).. Man it sounded awesome, he even thrashed the RS(stock)..
He even took part in the bike open category.. He beat a 600cc machine on a modded rd350.....

_CHeeRS_
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 17:29   #53
BHPian

i agree, the peuogeut in the drag was deadly.. Evo only had competition with that..it was a gujarat reg car.. awesome, sound too was good..
kphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 01:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

guys..... the reason the busas were beaten was merely because of the riders.

the guy "william samuel stephenson" was the fastest in the bikes with a 10.5 secs. he was riding a kawasaki ZX-12R ninja.

the black busa was tuned by the team-bhp doctor.... no prizes for guessing who.

stock busas can do 9 to 10 secs. the main reason for busas to lose was because there aren't that good racers who can handle the 170+ bhp on two wheels. especially the start where there was a lot of wheelspins.

on the qualifying day, a red busa almost crashed on the track, if it weren't for the rider. he was almost touching the cones and was in a very low angle.

if there are guys who can control that beast pretty well.... every other bike wud have to go back home crying.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 02:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Come on, You Bangalore BHPians. How about a decent detailed report and loads of pictures? Do you remember the report on the Bombay SpeedRun 2004? We uploaded like a 100 pictures!!
give us some time, btw.... there aren't many pics to do with cars. the whole speedrun was more about bikes. i just hated to see so less foreign cars.
Old 11th January 2005, 02:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey iceman,
who has done the mods on your car??
ha ha ha.... our own team- BHP's DOMNIC!!!!

on the qualifying day, i was in the pits. and saw this baleno with "ice man" printed on the number plate. and there was domnic around . had a small doubt, went near and got introduced to iceman. ohhhhh, the car was pretty well done... no doubt, with domnic at the engine.

keep it up, dom !
Old 11th January 2005, 02:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

hey psycho, thanx a lot for ur gloves....

my friend ' chitra priya' won the first place in the ladies class... and took home a lot of pride.

i guess there aren't really good female racers in bangalore. cos, i thought chitra wud have a lot of competition.

her timing on the STOCK FIERO is 22 secs. is that good or bad??
Old 11th January 2005, 02:25   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday i lost track of where everyone went. During the damn long break i went and sat in my car and then when i came back to where we were standing i couldnt find anyone. Where did everyone go???
i was sitting on top of my sumo for that good view of the track.... and was parked right behind rudra's maruti 800. there weren't many team-bhp guys like i thought i wud meet.

the guys i met are rudra, rtech, aggressive anush, tom, psycho, anoop, iceman, domnic... thats it, i guess
Old 11th January 2005, 09:53   #59
Team-BHP Support

am getting confused with all these forumn names :P sorry did i miss u nitrous
Old 11th January 2005, 10:46   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
on the qualifying day, a red busa almost crashed on the track, if it weren't for the rider. he was almost touching the cones and was in a very low angle.
if there are guys who can control that beast pretty well.... every other bike wud have to go back home crying.

Did u see the GSXR crash?!!
Man you should be exceptionally good to handle these machines....
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote