Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 8th February 2008, 21:29   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Well honestly, Team-BHP - I didn't expect a huge turnout. Now I figure most of you guys are too busy having fun, planning drives, meets and ways to win the speed run to do something for the blind people on Sunday.
I am not referring to those members who have genuine reasons, just the ones who are so ultra enthusiastic on every other thread that needs their time and their cars. This poor thread is just going to touch page 2.

It's cool, at least we know where you guys stand when it comes to a good cause.

Cyrus baba, I'll see you there. I'll be in my white Verna CRDi. The twins will be riding with me. The pretty girls, not the swifts.
Old 9th February 2008, 01:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sad...wish I could come but circumstances & more importantly finances don't allow.

Sigh...
Old 9th February 2008, 09:33   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Even if you have not registered yet, just come on saturday(today) at 3 pm, at worli sea face, NAB (National association for the Blind) next to Blue Sea at Worli.
There will be a pairing and test session for an hour and then tomorrow is the rally. Bring 4 passport sized photos and Rs. 1250/-

Come on guys!
Old 9th February 2008, 16:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

I keep asking, do we have one in BLR?
Old 9th February 2008, 22:37   #20
BANNED

hey guys all set to go for tomms rally..i think only three to four people from TBHP were there...and i got NUMBER 1..

all set to go...

would have really apreciated if more people would have come though...as sam rightly said..we know where people stand when it comes to a good cause...
Old 9th February 2008, 23:42   #21
Team-BHP Support

Cyrus (& Yeti),

You are lucky you got number 1. Atleast you can stop quickly on the side of the road without losing much time. I pity the guy who got number 2.

But, in all seriousness, please take some photos and put up a nice write up afterwards. It IS sad that such a huge memberpool only had a turnout of 4 people, but dont give up hope, spreading the word (like you can do with the pics & report) will create awareness, and hopefully will have a positive effect on next year's turnout!

cya
R
Old 9th February 2008, 23:45   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I keep asking, do we have one in BLR?
Well you keep asking in all the wrong threads.

Here is the phone number i found on one of the forms in post#1 - 98213 21622.

Please do call them and find out, and then post the reply here for the benefit of all the bangalore members.

cya
R
Old 10th February 2008, 14:52   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm back. I was number 31. It was a wonderful experience. I had a fun time with 4 girls in the car. The pretty twins were there and so was my beautiful navigator, little Pari and Pari's mom.

It was a lot of fun and quite heart warming. There were 3 Team-BHPians present amongst all the cars, Yogi1771, Cyrus and I.

The twins were very surprised, they said wow, we have heard so much about Team-BHP and its thousands of car lover members, where are they?

I told them this was a drive for a good cause, for charity and therefore not the right place to find Team-BHPians.

I've asked them to come to Speed Run to find BHPians finding time to travel from all over India, let alone mumbai.

Burning fuel only for speed, self-satisfaction and glory! That's the true spirit of this forum, I told them.
Old 10th February 2008, 15:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good to know U had fun and did it for a charitable cause,Sam.
We cant change certain things no matter what we shout here. So, lets leave it at that and make sure we dont miss any charity events.
Cheers
Old 10th February 2008, 16:29   #25
BHPian

Sam :( sorry, but is there anyway I can contribute to the cause - without leaving town.
Old 10th February 2008, 18:30   #26
BHPian

Had a superb time today as this was the first time i ever took part in a rally with all the confusion of finding the landmarks as well as the checkpoints.

Man was running around in circle's along with a few more cars at Five gardens to find the checkpoint upon that my navigators English was bad so every time a flyover was mentioned in his sheet's he would either say flower,floor & every time i corrected him he used to grin but at the end of the day it was great fun

P.S Even had the chance to meet the beautiful twins.
Old 11th February 2008, 00:03   #27
BANNED

hey guys..

I started first as i have stated earlier..i was also the first car to some back into the final Time Control around 34 MINUITES before the specified time.. 340 NEGATIVE POINTS

so basically out of all the finishers, i came last..anyways will try and win the next time...lol(fat chance)

had alot of fun..thank to MAI, Round Table India and a certain zavo...
Old 11th February 2008, 00:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

Sam, you should have come for the Fiat Club Rally in Pune last Jan 26th. We held it in conjunction with the Blind school, the kids amazed us. Their dances and shows in formation couldn't be replicated by most sighted people.
Old 11th February 2008, 00:30   #29
BHPian

I think i should add this,was thinking later why my navigator(Mr Gopal) was repeating the same mistakes(regarding the flyover and there where a few more) again & again,i feel in his eagerness to read the sheet's(some landmarkss were within half a Km or somewhere around) he first had to feel it register & then convey it to me,while i have seen people which includes me with having normal eyesight do mistakes while reading in pressure situations.

So Hats off to all the Navigator's of the Blind Man Rally

P.S As regarding the pressure situation these members(navigator's) really what to win the rally while we may take it as fun thing,came to know about it later while waiting for the price distribution seeing their anticipation

Last edited by yogi1771 : 11th February 2008 at 00:47.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:21   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

JUst to fill you in guys - I went for the Ceat Car Rally for the Blind in Mumbai in 1990. I thoroughly enjoyed the event. The car was MMY43 with twin carburettors (my that car was a bomb !).

I am glad you all enjoyed too. Cyrus dikra - better luck next time.
Closed Thread