Team-BHP - The Jk Tyres National Racing Championship, 2008
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   The Jk Tyres National Racing Championship, 2008 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/34608-jk-tyres-national-racing-championship-2008-a.html)

]WELCOME TO THE JK TYRES NATIONAL RACING CHAMPIONSHIP, 2008

We are pleased to announce the JK Tyres National Racing Championship, 2008, Round 1, on 9 and 10 February, 2008, at Chennai.

The other dates are:[
Round 2 28/29 June, 2008, Coimbatore
Round 3 26/27 July, 2008, Coimbatore
Round 4 20/21 September, 2008, Chenna
Round 5 04/05 October, 2008, Chenna

THIS YEAR’S CHAMPIONSHIP WILL INCLUDE SALOON CARS, ALSO.

The classes are

Formula LGB Swift
Formula Rolon Chevrolet
Group N saloon cars, upto 1400 cc
Race Star saloon cars, upto 1400 cc, carburatted engines
Super saloon cars,Open, on a cc to weight ratio of 1:1.75

WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE NEW JK TYRES NATIONAL ENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE FORMULA HYUNDAI CARS.

The Endurance race for the Formula Hyundai will run for a duration of 90 minutes, two drivers per car, each driver to drive not more than 22 minutes at a stretch, and will be conducted on Saturday afternoons of the race weekends

All cars will race only on tyres provided by the organizers.

AND, FOR THE BIKERS, RACES FOR GROUP A 600 and 1000 cc BIKES !!!

We are pleased to announce the races for the big bikes,

Members are requested to witness and enjoy the races. Food stalls are being arranged as well as the security arrangements.

NO CAR, OTHER THAN THOSE PARTICIPATING IN THE RACES, WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PIT AREA. This is very important since there are many competing vehicles and space in the pits is limited. All cars need to be parked in the designated car parking lots only. We may have “PARK AND VIEW “ areas. Please request for your car passes and invitations well ahead. Please call the Club office for details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho (Post 697282)
]
Super saloon cars,Open, on a cc to weight ratio of 1:1.75

is a roll cage mandatory for this class.

also since it being a saloon class can you race a hatch back like a zen since last track day a zen and 800 were raced under cc to weight class.

also is engine swap allowed and is foreign engine allowed or only indian engines in swaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawan
is a roll cage mandatory for this class.

Hey,pawn!
Let me explain to U how the motorsports work.
Rule#1: Rollcage is mandatory for any vehicle competing.

Hi Pawan,

Yes roll cages are mandatory for all Saloon class vehicles and must comply with the latest MAI regulations.

With regards to the other questions you have - The organising comitee is meeting in a day or two to finalise the same. As soon as i have more information, i will put up the same on this thread.

Please also remeber that certified gear is also a must. This includes a racing suit (MAI or FIA approved only), helmet, gloves and shoes.

More details later.

If you are interested in participating in the Event the executive secretary Mr Promod is going to be in Bangalore on weekend, 25th and 26th (Firday & saturday). I am planning to arrange a forum where you can ask any question regarding particiapting and regarding the event itself.

This is applicable for all participants.

Will keep you posted on the venue of this meeting.

Nice Poncho, any idea where I can find the detailed regs for this? Especially the Race Star Cup? Thanks.

I am currently thinking FRK, or is there any place that you may suggest. Fazal is going to be out of town on Friday... but he has offered us to use his place for the meeting...

The meeting is fixed for Friday Afternoon at 4:00 PM at FRK. I am aware its a little out of town but there is enough space to park up and have a gathering there.

MMSC Executive Secretary will be there to answer any question you have regarding the event, he will also have copies of the entry forms.

Hope to see you all there.

woow so many to have fun and a bit of serious track racing too.i remember my karting days now.lets hope a nice event and nice organising from the officials.
ram

Poncho and Sideways, Any must know info for spectators and private photographers? Any entry fee? What exactly is "park and view?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 699963)
Poncho and Sideways, Any must know info for spectators and private photographers? Any entry fee? What exactly is "park and view?

As far as I know theres no entry fee for now. I will update when I have further information.

As far as photography is concerned, it is allowed. However in order to position yourself at a vantage point you will need the appropriate pass. The track or the authorities will however not be responsible for any kind of injury caused to photographers. Photographers are to strictly follow rules and regulations as laid down by the organisers. Any violation will result in removal of the said persons off the track premises immediately.

With regards to park and view - New concept, details of which I will post in a day or two.

Cheers.

Bump - an updates on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by madan80 (Post 704265)
Bump - an updates on this?

The event is on, only can comment on the Super Bike racing part of it...
4 races, 2 1000cc and 2 600cc class races. currently have riders from Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai. Should have a total of about 25 bike at the event...

Any info on the photography pass and park and view facility? Looking forward to make plans accordingly.

no updates on the car front. What about viewership? planning on making the trip to the traack...