Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 4th April 2009, 14:12   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ankit, if driving a car on the track you need full pants. else upto you.
cheers
Not just driving, i think to even sit shotgun, you need to wear pants.

Shan2nu
Old 4th April 2009, 14:23   #377
BANNED

Ankith, even to sit shotgun on the GQ, you need to wear pants
Old 4th April 2009, 15:19   #378
Team-BHP Support

Ok guys, all set. The dents/bends in the alloys have been removed -- all 8 of them in 2 alloys. Balancing/alignment all done with.

All set for the track day -- time to give the Pailo a much needed workout. Else all the time was going into tending the Gypsy.

What the heck. I even got the 'dynolicious' application installed for tomorrow :-)

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th April 2009 at 15:25.
Old 4th April 2009, 22:31   #379
BHPian

sorry guys. Am dropping out this time. My front shock was busted and couldn get it ready in time. Swift was out me town. Will be ready for the next one.
Old 5th April 2009, 06:50   #380
Senior - BHPian

This is the first track day which I am headed to after getting some shut-eye the previous night. Even Stumpy and memo have been lucky this time.

Lock and load, baby!
Old 5th April 2009, 09:37   #381

I would also join the event [spectator - baleno]
Old 5th April 2009, 19:10   #382
Senior - BHPian

just back from track, did some 13-15 laps. timed myself this time 2:28 and another lap 2;27 timed by a bhpian. have a few pics will upload tonight. also went on curb on 2nd lap on the last corner, thankfully nothing happened to the tyre or alloy, sorry to the driver of turbo SX4 behind me.
Old 5th April 2009, 19:37   #383
BHPian

@Rahulkool, I got to see that from the tower thingy at the track.
btw Nice recovery.

I did around 20 laps I guess, had tried to do some "stopwatch" timing on my own so accuracy is anybodies guess.
Initially I was in the (approx) 2:40
then was down to (approx) 2:35

Has a full 360 and another 170 degree in 2 separate laps.

It was hot like hell, but felt really good to drive on a track.
Everyone should try it at least once, once you try it you will be back for more.
Old 5th April 2009, 19:44   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
just back from track, did some 13-15 laps. timed myself this time 2:28 and another lap 2;27 timed by a bhpian. have a few pics will upload tonight. also went on curb on 2nd lap on the last corner, thankfully nothing happened to the tyre or alloy, sorry to the driver of turbo SX4 behind me.

When are you picking up the new tyres ?
Old 5th April 2009, 19:53   #385
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Just reached my sisters place in Chennai a while back. Track day on a personal level was awesome. The journey was quite eventful, with doomsday and myself driving along in a 1ltr Gypsy lugging around 6 rims and tires for memo's car. And I somehow managing to lose the fuel tank cap. Memo, sorry for that.

Coming to the actual events on track, we had a 200+ bhp RS that looked a world apart. No other car drew as much presence as the RS did. Then there was memo's SX4. Got to drive that car around track, I must say it was an awesome experience. All he needs to do is, get his suspension and tire setup right. That car has way too much power to be driven on stock tires . And I had my first spin on the MMST in the SX4.

The track was raining turbo cars. An Audi from the Race Dynamics team, the turbo SX4, Vasu Anna's turbo Zen, Vikram's swift & the RS.

Vikram blew his engine I guess. It had a huge cloud of white smoke emanating as he returned to the pits. Heard he had a spark plug problem or such.

Amit's baleno was handling really nice, wish it had slightly more power. Amit, how long are you going to keep that engine stock?

Akshay's swift was also quite nice to drive on track with Race Dynamics ECU. We hooked it up to the Vbox, so were the Elantra and the SX4.

I saw a lot of camera's around, so expect some really nice pics.

Btw, from whatever I heard the following cars that were quick had timings as follows (btw, these were timed by others near the pit wall manually, I just happened to hear this from them). So request others not to kindly jump on me.

1. Black RS - 1:22.
2. Vikram's swift - 1.48.
3. Amit's baleno - 1.35.

We (memo, v1p3r, doomsday, myself) tested a few cars on Vbox. And here were the timings.

1. Akshay's swift with RD ECU set a P2 mode - 1.22.
2. Memo's SX4 running on crappy stock tires in the first few runs we did - 1:27. If memo's suspension had landed on time, his car could have easily been clocking in the 1:10s IMO.
3. We tested Satya's elantra on the vbox too with the boost controller switched off. It timed a 1:17.

But the star of the trackday was surely Hrishi driving the Safari on track. Hrishi, hats off to you!

I shall narrate my driving experience of each car once I get back to Bangalore. Now I need to catch a bus back to Bangalore.

Thanks a ton for all those who came to trackday and had fun. Hopefully we shall be having one more very soon.
Old 5th April 2009, 19:56   #386
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
sorry to the driver of turbo SX4 behind me.
Rahul you don't have to be sorry. Such things happen on track. Btw, you had some awesome car control there. Atleast twice I thought you would end up with a spin.

Also thanks to Akshay, Satya, Mohnish for letting me drive their cars.

Also would like to thank yzfrj for dropping me off to Katthipora junction.

I was hoping to see Vikram and John on track. Where were you buggers?
Old 5th April 2009, 20:26   #387
Senior - BHPian

Neat lap times, especially for the Swift D.

Shan2nu
Old 5th April 2009, 20:41   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

1. Black RS - 1:22.
2. Vikram's swift - 1.48.
3. Amit's baleno - 1.35.

1. Akshay's swift with RD ECU set a P2 mode - 1.22.
2. Memo's SX4 running on crappy stock tires in the first few runs we did - 1:27. If memo's suspension had landed on time, his car could have easily been clocking in the 1:10s IMO.
3. We tested Satya's elantra on the vbox too with the boost controller switched off. It timed a 1:17.
Err... my math is bad, but according to the fastest time I see here the average speed I've calculated is around 190km/hr

Long loop is 3.717 kms long according to the site and that was what we were using today.

Is it by any chance 2:17 ?
Old 5th April 2009, 20:44   #389
BHPian

Quote:

we had a 200+ bhp RS that looked a world apart. No other car drew as much presence as the RS did.

Whose car was this?? Petes??

Quote:
That car has way too much power to be driven on stock tires
Its high time Mohnish changes the tires.

Quote:
The track was raining turbo cars. An Audi from the Race Dynamics team, the turbo SX4, Vasu Anna's turbo Zen, Vikram's swift & the RS.
Which Audi??

Quote:
Vikram blew his engine I guess. It had a huge cloud of white smoke emanating as he returned to the pits. Heard he had a spark plug problem or such.
Was the car fine later?

Quote:
Amit's baleno was handling really nice, wish it had slightly more power. Amit, how long are you going to keep that engine stock?
Waiting for the changes.

Quote:
I saw a lot of camera's around, so expect some really nice pics.
Dont tell me you dint take your cam to the event.

Quote:
But the star of the trackday was surely Hrishi driving the Safari on track. Hrishi, hats off to you!
Waiting for the pics.

PS: I am so pissed with myself for missing this event. Hoping to attend the next one whenever it happens.
Old 5th April 2009, 21:57   #390
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Neat lap times, especially for the Swift D.

Shan2nu
Shan, I made an error while typing. All times are 2 minutes xx seconds not the 1 minute I have posted. Sorry for the typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Err... my math is bad, but according to the fastest time I see here the average speed I've calculated is around 190km/hr

Long loop is 3.717 kms long according to the site and that was what we were using today.

Is it by any chance 2:17 ?
Thanks for correcting me. You are right. All the timings are in 2:xx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
Whose car was this?? Petes??
I heard it was Amits friends.

Quote:
Its high time Mohnish changes the tires.
Yup! Next time I am sure he will be back with a bang. In a way today, he was able to explore the limits of the stock tires and suspension.

Quote:
Which Audi??
A6 belonging to Pawan of RD.

Quote:
Was the car fine later?
No clue. I saw the car limping into the pits spewing a thick cloud of white smoke. Later on when they all left I was busy driving the Elantra.

Quote:
Dont tell me you dint take your cam to the event.
I did take my cam. But was too held up giving feedback to the owners of cars that I forget to get my cam out.

Quote:
Hoping to attend the next one whenever it happens.
Next one might happen soon .

As a guy who has hosted previous track days and P&P sessions, I have a few grieviences to the organizers. Some of the drivers mentioned that there was no one who showed them the lines when the track was declared open. Norm has always been all cars are taken around the track for atleast 2 laps so that newbies are thought the line. I did come late to track, but couple of drivers I spoke to said there was no such thing. So just want to confirm .

Also, Vikram, didn't you say the track was open till 6? Why were we thrown out of the track by 5pm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
The cost is Rs.1000 per car for the full session. There will not be any rentals available. It will be our personal cars only. The session timing is from 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Closed Thread