Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 14th February 2008, 00:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Blind Rally in Chennai - 1st & 2nd March, 2008

We are pleased to announce the next Ucal Rally for the Blind on Sunday,2nd March, 2008.

The start is from Madras Gymkhana Club, from 09 30 hours. Briefing will be at 5 p m on Saturday, 1st March, 2008. A special screening of the navigatiors is under
process, to ensure best talent.

Drivers will be classified Experts, Regulars, Novice or all Ladies. This nomination must be indicated on the entry form.

A recognised group of persons, like the Lions or Rotary or Swift Club can register for seperate prizes, provided there are 10 entries from that group.

Entry fee is Rs. 500/= and includes lunch for the participants.

A music concert is being arranged between lunch and prize giving and participants are requested to stay for the same and encourage the sightless who will bring this concert to you.

Entries can be sent by email to info@mmsc.in and further details are available at MMSC - Madras Motor Sports Club
Source: Mr. Harsha Koda
Old 18th February 2008, 19:38   #2
BHPian

Anybody from Bangalore planning to do the rally ? I'm planning to drive to chennai from bangalore , any more people going along?
Old 19th February 2008, 19:06   #3
BANNED

nitrous, would love to be part of this. I am scheduled to be out of town that weekend but if that plan is cancelled, count me in.
Old 27th February 2008, 18:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

The Rally for the Blind has been a special and heart warming event for the motor sport connoisseurs of Chennai for the past sixteen years. One of the most popular and looked forward to annual event, the Ucal Rally for the Blind will be held this year on 2nd March 2008. Sponsored by Ucal Fuel Systems this rally is being conducted by the Madras Motor Sports Club in association with the National Association for the Blind.

Based on a TSD (Time, Speed and Distance) format, the rally will run in and around Chennai city and its suburbs covering a distance of about 80 + kms
in a duration of approximately 3 hours. The rally will start from the Gymkhana Club with the first vehicle being flagged off at 9.30 am. The rally will be flagged off by the Minister of Social Welfare, Dr. Thirumathi Poongothai. The prize distribution function will be held on the same day at 3 pm.

The rally will have four categories - Experts, Regulars, Novice and all Ladies. A special music concert by the visually handicapped has been arranged in the interval between lunch and the prize giving session.

The highlight of this event is the social message attached; helping a visually handicapped person enjoy the thrills of a motor sport event and giving them a feel of belonging to the mainstream of life. By participating, the team enjoys a rally navigated by a blind person who will read out the instruction in Braille. A special screening of the navigators is under process, to ensure best talent.

Anyone with a civil driving license can take part. Any make/type of car can be used. The number of persons in a car is restricted to four. A recognized group of persons like the Lions or Rotary Club can register for separate prizes, provided there are 10 entries from that group.

Briefing will be at 4 p m on Saturday, 1st March, 2008.

Entry fee is Rs. 500/- and includes lunch for the participants. Entry forms are available at the club office at Guru Mansion, 123/1, TTK Road, Alwarpet, Chennai - 600 018.

Briefing:

The briefing is at Adarsh Vidyalay school, Peters
Road, opposite New College, Royapettah on 1st Marc,
2008, at 4 p m.
Old 27th February 2008, 19:47   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Anyone with a civil driving license can take part. Any make/type of car can be used. The number of persons in a car is restricted to four.
Good to know that a civil driving license is entertained. Last year there was a requirement to have rally license/insurance.

Count me in for this one. Anyone willing to join me?

Quote:
A recognized group of persons like the Lions or Rotary Club can register for separate prizes, provided there are 10 entries from that group.
Does team bhp qualify for this? It is definitely a recognized group of persons. Most of the MMSC personnel know us t-bhp'ians.
Old 27th February 2008, 23:00   #6
BHPian

Hey. So how will this go?? Every participant will get a Blind navigator or how is it??

It is a good cause man. Is there any last day/time for registration??
Old 27th February 2008, 23:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

@adi:Apparently, we can have a "Team-BHP" class if there are 10 or more participants.
@praveen:Yes,each driver will be assigned a blind navigator who has the tulip in braille.
I'll check if there is On-spot registration for sunday which i think is most probable.

Last edited by nitrous : 27th February 2008 at 23:14.
Old 28th February 2008, 14:02   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@adi:Apparently, we can have a "Team-BHP" class if there are 10 or more participants. I'll check if there is On-spot registration for sunday which i think is most probable.
Thats wonderful news nitrous.

Can we have the chennai bhp'ians confirm participation for this event? We can represent the Tbhp club and be eligible for separate prizes.

On-spot registration sounds good too. will however try completing all formalities on saturday itself.

So neoranjit, slipstream, headers, supremebaleno, surprise, esteem lover, gump, etc etc, please confirm if you guys are in for this event.
Old 28th February 2008, 14:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

aditya - what about me? nicely left me out from your list! :(

I will not be able to take part due to prior commitments! sorry folks!
Old 28th February 2008, 14:45   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
aditya - what about me? nicely left me out from your list!
arrey track official madan, didnt mean to leave you out man. That why etc etc.

Just spoke to slipstream. He cant make it as he is recovering from dengue fever. Get well soon Jai.

Hotrod is in town, confirmed by Islero. So we can look forward to them at the event. Will try roping in the rest.
Old 28th February 2008, 14:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Good to see how enthusiastic Chennai is.
Old 28th February 2008, 16:14   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Good to see how enthusiastic Chennai is.
Why not join us akshay? This time - beach visit for sure.
Old 28th February 2008, 18:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

OT:On his last visit, he was staying a 100 mts from the Elliot's beach.
Old 12th March 2008, 21:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

bump - any report on this?
Old 13th March 2008, 17:48   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
bump - any report on this?
Nitrous is busy organ(r)izing the chennai-mahab's meet. Hopefully we can see this report being posted along with the mahab's meet report. What say nitrous?
Closed Thread