Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 7th March 2008, 16:52   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
If adman tried to say that a baleno with just air filter and headers clocked a 16.6 we must appreciate that and get on with it.
There you go Rahul. That was my only point. But some people just like to argue for the heck of it.
adman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 17:51   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Still more YetiPics®

Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 19:05   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Shirvz, could you shed some light on this please? Shall await your PM.
Well, I don't really know what mickey's talking about.. there's no need for a PM or anything..

My meet with the bangy boys in November/December 2006 was very brief.. here are the details:

Memo and rahul with some friends picked me up from the Palace grounds in memo's baleno with smoked tail lamps and angel eyes (thanks for picking me up guys), where i was attending a wedding. We went somewhere near the Bangalore RTO (if i'm not mistaken) for dinner.

Psycho, v1p3r and Jay joined us there. (Psycho arrived in an esteem, which I learnt was a turbocharged one after I got back to pune! )

There were some discussions regarding some engine vengine stuff.. I didnt understand a thing!

Jay dropped me off at the Bangalore club in his Santro (it was very kind of him) post dinner.

I dont know what "skill sets" come into play here!
and "how they manage to keep fuel flowing in their cars!!" ???

Last edited by shrivz : 7th March 2008 at 19:12.
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 19:12   #349
Senior - BHPian

SAM bhai, hamar phutva kahan hai????

Your camera and photography is impressive!!!
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 19:13   #350
Senior - BHPian

My turn to post pics;

The Team-Bhp cordon

Moralfibres wondering how he can change the packet into a bottle!!

Make that the Hungry team-Bhp cordon.

Somewhere someone found a novel way for cross ventilation involving a split curtain and an empty can. Needless to say it was emulated throughout the stand

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th March 2008 at 02:50. Reason: Will PM you soon Gogi.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 19:24   #351
Senior - BHPian

....and in continuation....some more pics!!

The awesome Bangalore Supra

Mihir's Scooby. Great to see you and the Scooby back on the track Mihir. Well Done

Scooby 05's 280 CDI

Psycho's Turbo Zen

Monkey's Black RS next to the Accord

The star of the show

Sam looks like hes inviting us for a rally at Shivaji Park..."Chalo Shivaji Park aur Aise dance karo...Staying Alive,,, Staying Alive"

Last edited by V-16 : 7th March 2008 at 19:26.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 19:48   #352
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sam & V16. Finally some good pics.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 23:58   #353
BHPian

Sam .. any more pics u got ?
just upload everything u got ...

Guys how did the b18 do ?
and any idea if there was an OHC with ITB's running ? how did it do ?

Last edited by chetanhanda : 8th March 2008 at 00:01.
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 00:25   #354
Senior - BHPian

i was wondering, was 08 speedrun less active than the 07 one??
evven he nuber of cars seemed less

the only new cars were the m3,gallarado,viper

and the brown defender
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 02:35   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i was wondering, was 08 speedrun less active than the 07 one??
evven he nuber of cars seemed less

the only new cars were the m3,gallarado,viper

and the brown defender
And the Red silvia , Blue supra and the White skyline (Th skyline was suppose to running 600+ horses ) And it clocked a 17 . The blue supra was totally stock . The last run with GS's skyline moust have made him realise how far behind he is from making a real fast car.
varun_patra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 03:02   #356
BHPian

@ Varun Patra - Dude the Supra is not at all stock as you say. I have seen the build & she does feature some good mods under the hood.
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 03:06   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
@ Varun Patra - Dude the Supra is not at all stock as you say. I have seen the build & she does feature some good mods under the hood.
Im sorry , But the reason i said it was stock was cuz the guy who came in with the car . I think his name is ashu , he said that it was totally stock .
varun_patra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 03:06   #358
BHPian

the honda city running itb's came in third but the timing was disappointing it clocked a total time of 17.075

Samad Kapadia (AR Motorsport)
Honda City

For a honda mill running itb's and revving upto 8500 rpm and apparently generating power that's a slow timing.
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 03:20   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
White skyline (Th skyline was suppose to running 600+ horses ) And it clocked a 17 .
Can someone post pictures of the car ? or did i missed ?
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 03:34   #360
BHPian

Default GAUTUM SINGHANIA autocar speed run 2008 report (II)

We were asked to assemble at 8am at the venue so that the event could begin early in order to compensate for the time lost yesterday. Fair enough we thought but as usual it was not to be. For some inexplicable reason nothing happened till after 9:30 am despite a large umber of participants arriving on or before the revised time. As usual there was utter chaos at the scenes as no one had an idea as to what was happening including the organizers. So much for hiring outfits like Hungama who don’t know how to do anything about arranging or handling an event. More on that later.

Any way, sometime around 10 am the even began in earnest & people started competing. Being a Sunday the crowd numbers were much larger than yesterday & as the day grew on we began to notice that there was no such thing as Planning or Organisation at the event. People were roaming around everywhere, the announcer was being an absolute jerk & trying to threaten people that he would stop the event if they didn’t comply to his demands (like he could!) & in general the only thing prevailing was chaos.

Well by & by after a few hours of waiting it was my turn to compete in my event in the “Street Stock” category. Here I came to notice that another competitor in my class (Car # 115, Neville Poonawalla) was competing in my class despite the fact that he had Stage II mods on his car which were not allowed in this category. I decided to think about that later & wanted to concentrate on my up coming run which was hard enough anyway after having to roast myself in the sun for several hours & battling the utter confusion & chaos prevailing at the venue. Finally it was my turn to drag & this is where it all began.

While I lined up at the line ready to take my first run a Marshall ran up to my car saying I couldn’t run as I didn’t have the required number of stickers on my car & I said what?? I couldn’t believe this was happening, not at the Start line at least, I mean what is the Scrutiny held for before the even then?? I’m asked to back up & let the car behind me (An Accord) take my place, suddenly another Marshall (COC?) came and said “Oh, let him run, he has mostly all the stickers”, so I’m allowed back at the line. In all this ensuing confusion & chaos I’m become completely disoriented & an unable to concentrate. While I’m at the line trying to get my head together another Marshall appears out of nowhere & says I can’t run since this is not my class & I’m absolutely befuddled. While he’s talking to me the lights go green & he then says to me “Go”. I look on absolutely baffled as I have no clue as to what is happening here & going by the confusion among the Marshalls seems neither do they.

Finally my run is not logged as I’m disqualified & for what you may ask? Well I don’t know & seems neither do the Organisers/Marshalls at the event. So much for Professionalism & holding an approved event.

After I come back to the pits I try to cool myself down as I was really pissed off & take advice from a few friends present there. Based on that I decide to file a protest on two counts (1) The confusion on the Start line leading to my disqualified run & (2) About letting a “Pro Stock” category car run in the “Street Stock” category and also the fact that he’s running even fewer stickers than I am & so how come he was allowed to that that & not stopped like I was? As I write the application & approach the COC he very coolly tells me that he’ll accept the Protest but with Rs. 10,000/- in cash as processing fee & that even he does not have any clue or answer about the start line fiasco.

While I’m debating my options regarding the protest I spot my fellow competitor in Car # 115 very coolly lining up again to take part in the “Pro Stock” category while spraying Carbon dioxide on his intercooler on the track .Needless to say the so-called "Mandatory" stickers were still missing from his car. So much for fair scrutiny & a level playing field.

After this while I'm roaming in the pits with Ishan & Jitu & checking out his car, a couple of Marshall's come & start pointing out missing stickers on Jitu's car which we promplty apply but then we see an OHC right next to us which has no stickers on it except for the ones showing the participant number! On pointing this out to the Marshall's present there, he coolly tells us I don't know about that car, I've just been told right now to check all the cars for stickers! And this is at 2:30 pm in an event which began at 8am!! I don't think I have words to explain the sheer level of incompetence shown by the people involved at the event.

After this the main sponsor of the event decided that he wanted to use the event as a personal playground to test his expensive toys. He was doing runs at random in his various cars including the Gallardo, S2000, Elise & of course the Skyline. While I appreciate what he’s doing by bringing in good capable cars to our shores I don’t agree with the fact that the cars or the sponsorship enable him to use the event as his personal playground. At one point of time he even did in the run in the Skyline with a passenger which is AGAINST the rules but I guess the rules can be bent or broken for those who have enough money while we mortals have to deal with being disqualified because we are allegedly a sticker or two short!

What this did was make finishing the event even more difficult as it led to more delays. Eventually, at about 5:30pm or so I got my final run post which I decided to head home as I could not stay there any longer due to mixture of disgust with the arrangements & fatigue.

THE VERY BAD GUYS (in order of badness)

Look at car #115's timing

__________________________________________________ ______
in English thanks to Iraghava

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is not appropriate for use on Team-BHP. We request you to adhere to a decent communication protocol and avoid the use of abusive words. Our varied audience appreciates a "clean" community.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th March 2008 at 04:48.
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote