Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 2nd March 2008, 00:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yup, I have half a mind to demand a refund.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 00:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Honestly it's terrible for the public. If you haven't managed a VIP pass, don't bother, you'll roast and won't see much in the end.
Sounds just like the last Bangalore speed run, though that was a well organised event for the participants.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys now the reasons for why you should make it to the speedrun tomorrow..I was near the drag strip couple of hours back and this is what i see in G.S's stable.

The Godzilla is going to run tommorow..

..along with the lambo..

and the S2000 &

Elise..

Saw Kehav's turbo esteem and a turbo zen( e?? ) along with some game over cars in the same stable.

Also 2 more skylines are expected ..a silver r34 from Vashi..and the 40th aniversary white. Not to forget Mihir's Scooby, the EVOs, Jitu's and Viper's Hondas, the SRT-10 Viper and the Supras and lot of other cars and bikes.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

The meanest looking car i saw today..heard its a twin cam suzi turbo.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 2nd March 2008 at 01:43.
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Oh man I pity that zen. What a horrible looking body kit.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

lolz i think that should qualify in weird and whacky thread

After reading the the posts i'll be getting up late and having a good time home and evening ready for out TBHP meet
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Oh man I pity that zen. What a horrible looking body kit.
i liked it..but now that you have mentioned this..i am confused
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am so sad.I just teturned from the cochin kart meet and was really anxious about the happennings and found it was a let down.Still a ray of hope in me for tommorow.Click whatever comes in the way guys and let the show start.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 02:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Like all the speed runs ..be it Bombay or Bangalore, this year too there was a circus of sorts happening outside the venue. There were lots of nuts stunting on their pulsars, Karizmas and rx100s. Saw a Busa rider nearly escape death..dont know what was he thinking when ripping a Hayabusa almost into a concrete circle.
Old 2nd March 2008, 02:31   #40

Okay back from a night out (needed it after a bad day - & this time not at work)
End of Day 1 my comments
Organization was poor I woke up late & reached the event round about 12 practice runs are going on ... basically nothing started
Spectators stand was more of a money racket ... its not the 50 bucks but the fact that I felt worse than a horse ... limited sight ... Guyz at Autocar ... I didn't come to see a quarter of a quarter mile drag ... then you should charge Rs.12.5 or charge Rs.200 and give us the whole show
VIP's ... what kind of VIP's are those ... they should be from the motor-world or atleast enthusiastic about the event happening in front of their eyes (especially with the racing happening on that side of the strip). Most looked like the came for a summer picnic ... only the JBL team looked interested.
Decent music playing (atleast we have music this time) but the host ... I wouldn't let him host my servant's kid's b'day party for free

While I was at the event it crossed my mind that Speed Run organized by AutoCar & BP should have some competition. Maybe a Power Run organized by OverDrive & HP. What do you guyz think?

Hope Day 2 is better (& no plans of reaching the venue before 11-12)
FrozEN_BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 03:07   #41
BHPian

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
The meanest looking car i saw today..heard its a twin cam suzi turbo.

Like the rear glass say BACKSTABBERS, seems that he stabbed the wrong person in the back, so for revenge that guy offered to customise this car. It's so horrific that is would make a blind man cry in pain . The body-kit is worthy of nothing, the rear spoiler is doing a nice job of spoiling the car as well. Guess the chap is on the phone with a farmer to find out if he needs a fast plough on his farm and lastly the alloys, well both look good, but not mixed and matched on the same damn ride... that's bout all, can't type more, my stomach is churning viewing this obscenity.
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 08:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

ok mods i made a mistake..can some one please move the zen post to the wierd and wacky thread??..before this becomes another weird and wacky thread.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 2nd March 2008 at 09:00.
Old 2nd March 2008, 10:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozEN_BHP View Post
Okay back from a night out (needed it after a bad day - & this time not at work)
End of Day 1 my comments
Organization was poor I woke up late & reached the event round about 12 practice runs are going on ... basically nothing started
Spectators stand was more of a money racket ... its not the 50 bucks but the fact that I felt worse than a horse ... limited sight ... Guyz at Autocar ... I didn't come to see a quarter of a quarter mile drag ... then you should charge Rs.12.5 or charge Rs.200 and give us the whole show
VIP's ... what kind of VIP's are those ... they should be from the motor-world or atleast enthusiastic about the event happening in front of their eyes (especially with the racing happening on that side of the strip). Most looked like the came for a summer picnic ... only the JBL team looked interested.
Decent music playing (atleast we have music this time) but the host ... I wouldn't let him host my servant's kid's b'day party for free

While I was at the event it crossed my mind that Speed Run organized by AutoCar & BP should have some competition. Maybe a Power Run organized by OverDrive & HP. What do you guyz think?

Hope Day 2 is better (& no plans of reaching the venue before 11-12)
How about learning proper punctuation first? I'd rather read something written in Latin and hell, I don't even know how to read Latin.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 10:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Good that I didnt bother even thinking about going to Mumbai for this. Would have really screwed my weekend just standing out in the sun and getting baked.

Even then, It would have been kind of ok if they screwed up on the arrangements for the spectators and done a fantastic job for the participants. Looks like they didnt even manage to do that. BP, Reliance - Come on, you can do better than this!

PS: ohh noo.. GS still has those Zapp! stickers on the cars. I know its his cars and he can do whatever he wants with them, but what a terrible way to advertise ur products !

Last edited by spadival : 2nd March 2008 at 10:50.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 11:29   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

3 Pages on and still no pix from the race! now i can imagine how disappointed u guys must be! Btw, isn't that the zen with Lift-up doors, previously yellow in color??

P.S, Someone here told that the gameover sqaud couldn't manage o get entry this time as the entries were full or something, how come they are running today??
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote