Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 01:42   #1
BHPian
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 7 Times
Default TVS Race a bike & Cars - Races for beginners coming up!

CARS

There will be four races days, with 2 races per day for the MMSC Junior Cup, on Formula Maruti, on 10th and 11th and 31st May and 1st June, 2008.

BIKES

The TVS Race a bike scheme with new bikes and the Newcomers Races will be held on the above two dates and 21st /22nd June, 2008, making it 3 rounds with 2 races each day.

Newcomers will race in the Group B, 160 cc 4 stroke,210 cc 4 stroke and the 150 cc 2 stroke classes.

Newcomers are the riders who have not come 1st in any race so far or 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall in any Championship. This is irrespective of the group or class won. Decision of the MMSC on who is permitted, is final.

Only trophies will be given for the TVS Race a bike scheme. Prize money for the others will be indicated in the SRs.

LUNCH WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY ON PAYMENT.

The programme will be as follows:

SATURDAYS
09 00 TVS Race a bike practice
09 30 Formula Maruti practice
10 00 4 stroke practice
10 30 2 stroke practice

11 00 TVS Race a bike practice
11 30 Formula Maruti Practise 15 min, qualifying 15
mins.
12 00 4 stroke Practise 15 min, qualifying 15 mins
12 30 2 stroke Practise 15 min, qualifying 15 mins


14 00 Race Formula Maruti 5 laps
14 30 Race Gr B 160 cc 4 stroke 5 laps
15 00 Race Gr B 210 cc 4 stroke 5 laps
15 30 Race Gr B 150 cc 2 stroke 5 laps
16 00 Race Formula Maruti 5 laps

SUNDAYS
10 00 Race TVS Race a bike scheme 5 laps
10 30 Race Formula Maruti 5 laps
11 00 Race Gr B 160 cc 4 stroke 5 laps
11 30 Race Gr B 210 cc 4 stroke 5 laps
12 00 Race Gr B 150 cc 2 stroke 5 laps
12 30 Race TVS Race a bike scheme 5 laps
13 00 Race Formula Maruti 5 laps

ALL RACES WILL BE ON SHORT TRACK OF 2.1 KMS.

For further queries you may contact the MMSC office MMSC - Madras Motor Sports Club
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 04:34   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Nice option there for the budding talents and a few of us who missed the opportunity to become a budding talent,lol.Hope some of the bhpians turn up and utilize this opportunity.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 10:16   #3
BHPian
 
fash_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 217
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Does this mean a rookie like me can rent out a tvs bike and take it to the track?
Yeah, i know i'm dumb.
fash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 11:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kerala
Posts: 4,564
Thanked: 2,777 Times
Default

Unnichetta when's the next track day that you're attending? Coimby preferred.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 16:21   #5
BHPian
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

@Fash: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Unnichetta when's the next track day that you're attending? Coimby preferred.
May 10th weekend @ Coimbatore...RDD track day
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 11:19   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,435
Thanked: 1,914 Times
Default

No link at the MMSC site posted by killer to this event???!!!
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 11:42   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
No link at the MMSC site posted by killer to this event???!!!
Yes, I see a mention of 2007 only. Please let us know when this happening in Chennai and CBE. Want to join as spectator.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 12:22   #8
BHPian
 
fash_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 217
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

I would definitely love to try out the track even though i have no idea how it is going to go. Killer, can u please tell how should i get going?
fash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 17:26   #9
BHPian
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
No link at the MMSC site posted by killer to this event???!!!
MMSC are not very good at updating their site, rest assured this info is genuine.

@fash_1: I get this question a lot and its really quite simple. There may be a little paperwork to get through first, i dont know if you need a full competition license for the rent-a-bike scheme (check with mmsc), but if you have a civil driving license and you're in good health you're good to go. For the race, land up at the track, bring some decent protective gear. Though a full set of leathers would be prefered, they'll let you race with a decent jacket / gloves/ jeans with knee protectors (available for skaters in any sports shop) / ankle length shoes (no exposed skin). Pay registration fee, pickup your bike and get ready to race.

Some pointers for first timers on track

1: If you're going to be racing under the rent a bike scheme, check your hardware / tires and undertand their limitations before pushing. More often than not your bike wont be in the best shape. Make sure you set the right tire pressures, this will vary depending on the conditions. Find out what other more experienced racers are running for those conditions and go with that, its a safe bet.

2: In practice, ride your own pace and gradually come up to speed. If possible try and tag a faster rider for a bit and watch his lines, dont try to stay with him for too long though coz it will take you out of your comfort zone and might cause you to fall.

3: When qualifying keep a gap from other riders so you dont run into unecessary traffic while trying to set a fast lap or potentially spoil a faster riders lap.

4: If for any reason you need to slow down from the pace you're at, or need to pull into the pits, dont do it abrubtly, raise a hand first as an indication to the riders behind you. Otherwise it can cause a nasty accident.

5: Last but not least, ride your own pace and dont be dissapointed if you arent as fast as other riders, everyone has to start somewhere.

Good luck!
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 22:36   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Killer, please give us the details of venues and dates for these events. I would like to watch them.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 22:52   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kerala
Posts: 4,564
Thanked: 2,777 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
MMSC are not very good at updating their site, rest assured this info is genuine.

@fash_1: I get this question a lot and its really quite simple. There may be a little paperwork to get through first, i dont know if you need a full competition license for the rent-a-bike scheme (check with mmsc), but if you have a civil driving license and you're in good health you're good to go. For the race, land up at the track, bring some decent protective gear. Though a full set of leathers would be prefered, they'll let you race with a decent jacket / gloves/ jeans with knee protectors (available for skaters in any sports shop) / ankle length shoes (no exposed skin). Pay registration fee, pickup your bike and get ready to race.

Some pointers for first timers on track

1: If you're going to be racing under the rent a bike scheme, check your hardware / tires and undertand their limitations before pushing. More often than not your bike wont be in the best shape. Make sure you set the right tire pressures, this will vary depending on the conditions. Find out what other more experienced racers are running for those conditions and go with that, its a safe bet.

2: In practice, ride your own pace and gradually come up to speed. If possible try and tag a faster rider for a bit and watch his lines, dont try to stay with him for too long though coz it will take you out of your comfort zone and might cause you to fall.

3: When qualifying keep a gap from other riders so you dont run into unecessary traffic while trying to set a fast lap or potentially spoil a faster riders lap.

4: If for any reason you need to slow down from the pace you're at, or need to pull into the pits, dont do it abrubtly, raise a hand first as an indication to the riders behind you. Otherwise it can cause a nasty accident.

5: Last but not least, ride your own pace and dont be dissapointed if you arent as fast as other riders, everyone has to start somewhere.

Good luck!

Nice pointers bro. Really helpful.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:37   #12
BHPian
 
roopakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KL-01,KL-07,KA-01
Posts: 135
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@Killer...Tempting opportunity for budding race riders.
So who all are trying their hands on...?
roopakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 11:26   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default Confirmation from MMSC

I am posting the confirmation I have from the MMSC authorities for the TVS race a bike. New comers race for bikers and the Junior cup races for cars, formula Maruti.

Venue: Chennai MMSC track
Date: 10 & 11 May 2008
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TVS Jive - The Auto Clutch Bike from TVS five46 Motorbikes 74 19th September 2016 21:23
SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched Redline6800 Motorbikes 32 18th May 2015 21:54
TBHP Chennai- Trip to the Bike races islero The Team-BHP Meet Section 8 26th May 2005 11:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks