Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 22nd February 2005, 15:22   #61
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
1300 km of driving, a melted turbo, broken acctuator, clogged fuel filter, leaking radiator (happened at 6 in the morning on Sunday), no sleep for 4 days, eating lunch at 7 or 8 in the night etc etc. was all worth it. Setting quickest time of the day was the best feeling.

I would like to thank all the BHPians who came forward and offered to help. Overall it was an mazing trip and I look forward to doing it allover again. And yah guys the challenge is on for any body who is up to it.

And by the way - the rear diff broke this morning. Shapur of Autocar took the car for a shoot and we got a call from him sayng that there was some sound from the rear. apparently something inside the diff broke and the entire housing has collapsed. So it's back to the workshop for us.

Thanx again. Try and post some pics of the evo beating the hell out of the Ferrari.

Until Next year.

dude it was all worth it man your ride is something to die and i know almost everybody will agree to me as mostly everyone here are speed freaks
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2005, 16:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

hey sideways dude the lancer evo was undoubtedly the car to die for in the speedrun...loved seeing it rocket past...keep up the good work...hope next month's autocar carries a detailed report about your car...would like to read about it..
cheers
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2005, 16:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot
hey sideways dude the lancer evo was undoubtedly the car to die for in the speedrun...loved seeing it rocket past...keep up the good work...hope next month's autocar carries a detailed report about your car...would like to read about it..
cheers
Thanx for all your comments. The car however belongs to my friend JD. I will convey your messages to him. Thanx again.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2005, 19:50   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Thanx for all your comments. The car however belongs to my friend JD. I will convey your messages to him. Thanx again.

Hey Sideways,,,Congrats to u and the Madan bro's...Hey can u tell us what extra mods they had on the car for the mumbai drag compared to blore one coz your timing has bettered there...
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2005, 20:46   #65

hats off to u dude..... u r jus osam.... and ur car
the best ..... there is no comparison of that ferrari ....i will surely put those pics .. u taking that ferrari ....
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 06:23   #66
Team-BHP Support

Hahaha... that challenge sure does sounds like a fun one... personally i would definitely prefer to not manage to get the note and just keep trying and trying...lol

Sideways,
Goodjob man! Can you please tell me more about this lancer. Im a little confused coz some ppl say its an evo6 and some say its a desi lancer with a VI engine and i havent seen the car myself to tell... Now you mention "rear differential" so im wondering.... please shed some light on the entire drivetrain!
How about you just start an entirely new thread about the car with pics n all... that would be awesome!

thnx
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd February 2005 at 06:26.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 06:42   #67
BHPian

hey buddy...you came 2 carter's the same night after the drag on sunday...i was standing right next to you...your car passed by me...then you took a u-turn n parked the car...i think you were at crepe station..well i walked up to the car and was checking it out...amazing machine...i thought i would come up to you and talk to you..but then i thought it would look weird..lol..anyways...amazing ride buddy...cheers...

Last edited by dragger : 23rd February 2005 at 06:43. Reason: spell check...!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 10:02   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Goodjob man! Can you please tell me more about this lancer. Im a little confused coz some ppl say its an evo6 and some say its a desi lancer with a VI engine and i havent seen the car myself to tell... Now you mention "rear differential" so im wondering.... please shed some light on the entire drivetrain!
I believe it is an Indian Lancer converted to an EVO VI with the entire engine, drivetrain, braking etc. But I will leave this to Sideways to confirm.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 10:37   #69
Team-BHP Support

any idea about results?

heard the black honda from banglore bagged some prize?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 10:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

black Honda Accord??! or blue Honda Civic Type R??!?

The blue Honda Civic Type R is from Bangalore for sure, don't know about the black Honda Accord....I don't even think it won anything.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 11:19   #71
Team-BHP Support

Is the blue honda - a Type R ? Am not sure, have seen the car around as a stock model over the years until Dom worked his magic. The car is a 92-96 model - Type R came into vogue much after that
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 11:26   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I believe it is an Indian Lancer converted to an EVO VI with the entire engine, drivetrain, braking etc. But I will leave this to Sideways to confirm.

GTO
In that case is it AWD or RWD?

RWD would seem to make a lot more sense, in terms of ease as well as performance in a dragrace!
However didnt the car need some extra strengthening with the change of drive wheels?

Anyway...enough guessing..... am expecting the whole story from you sideways!

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 11:42   #73
Team-BHP Support

Black Honda City 1.5 Vtec
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 11:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

that honda type r is fully worked on from malaysia. i went ewiht the owner who also owns the black busa to kuala lampur. the entire engine gearbox ecm etc. has been prepared there and brought down.
the honda accord is from bombay its a stock one which dint win anything.
total cars from our group were:
1. civic type-r 2nd place
2. black accord no placing
3. white zen came 1st
4. green zen came 2nd
5. black busa no placing since bikes were called off
6. corolla which came 2nd
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:14   #75
BHPian

Quote:
5. black busa no placing since bikes were called off
Dint get u.. So no place for any SBK?!!!!!

Last edited by vinsanity : 23rd February 2005 at 12:20.
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote