Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 19th February 2005, 19:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Pics: Speed Run 2005 [Saturday]

The Speed Run 2005 was awesome with soooooooo many participants. Team-BHP was there to capture and ENJOY the event.

The event started as usual with the Indian bikes first, followed with the Indian Bikes Open and then with the Big Bikes. All the Indian modded bikes were well modified, but the thing that got on our nerves was that they were practicing in the pit area. The noise was toooo loud and irritating, not to mention that it was very unsafe to practice in that narrow lane with a lot of people out there. Most of us weren't bothered about the Indian bike race, so we were wasting our time in the pit area and clicking pics of the Indian and International cars.

We were busy clicking a Mercedes 300SL, when suddenly the Ferrari 360 Spider enters the pit area behind a BMW 760 iL, and we were like screaming on top of our lungs "FERRARI!!!!!!". The car came towards us and stopped, and EVERYONE were clicking pics. It was like a photo session, like some photographers clicking Michael Schumachers car pics after crossing the line.

This done, we took some more pics of the other cars out there like the modded white Baleno, the Jaguar V12, the Mercedes SL55 AMG, and [plz don't hate me] the two yellow San Storm's. We then moved towards the VIP section, the International cars were being transferred just outside the VIP section, so we again wasted a lot of time oogling at the Ferrari and taking more and more pics, this place was soooo crowded that the security guards had a tough time convincing people to move out but in vain were getting angry stares.

Me, F50 and Stratos went going towards the bike section where we met Dom, Jesal and Manson. We spoke for sometime, and I went alone to the bike section to take some pics. This done, the BMW 6 Series arrived and we started taking pics of it.

Anyways, after taking pics, it was time for the Big Bikes to race. They were performed sooo much burnouts and it was a beautiful sight. The 2005 Busa, Dom's modded Busa, and other Busa's, R1's, R6's, CBR's, Ninja all did some cool burn-out's. And what we noticed was that most of the races were won by Busa's. The R1 was killed by the Busa. One of the bikes that stole our hearts was the yellow Honda Valkyrie. It was unbelievable!!! We could never imagine that bike had such good acceleration!! It was super, the V6 making such raw power and the noise was to die for!!! The second race of the Valkyrie was against the Busa. This is where we realized that a Suzuki Hayabusa is no joke, there is no other bike that can be compared to it. The race started, the Busa did a mistake, the Valkyrie took a huge lead, but just half-way thru the strip, the Busa caught up with it and beat it!!! It was very shocking!!

We entered the VIP section and were sitting out there. We even got free Red Bull We were all the time here till the event was complete.

The Indian Car Categories started and there were a lot of Zens and City's. The main City's were a dark-green [Poonavala], an orange and a blue City. There was one Mercedes E Class taking part too, but it had a very embarassing defeat to a City [correct me if I'm wrong]. There were two AWESOME Skoda RS, yellow and black. The yellow RS did some awesome burn-outs. Also present were two odd Formula Cars, one blue and the other red. The blue one was a piece of crap, lost against the yellow RS and a Baleno!! The red one was very quick. The only car that was very odd was the Ambassador. But it was good, it didn't win against anyone but it was fast!!! There were two Honda Accord's too, and the worst part was that they were actually ripping them, but you wouldn't hear anything. They were completely silent, no noise AT ALL!!!

Well this is my review of the whole event.
  • A list of members who were present at the event:
    Gordon
    V12
    Dippy
    Domnic
    Ported Head
    F50
    Rjkukarni
    GTO
    Stratos
    WildThing
    ComfortablyWhacky
    Nitroxx
    Manson
    Salil
    Rpm
    Rtech

I'm sorry coz I've missed a few, thats just because I don't know some of you guys.
  • A list of the International cars that appeared today:
    BMW M3
    Ford Mustang
    Ferrari 360 Spider
    BMW 760 iL V12
    BMW 5 Series
    Honda S2000
    White Subaru Impreza WRX
    Lotus Elise
    Jaguar TWR V12
    Mazda RX-7
    Black Mercedes 300SL
    Red Mercedes 300SL
    Yellow Mercedes SLK
    Mazda MX-5
    Chevrolet Corvette
    Ford Cosworth
    Honda Civic Type R
    White Toyota Celica
    Mercedes SL 55 AMG
    BMW 6 Series
    Audi TT
    BMW X5 AC Schnitzer

Too bad these cars did not run today since there was absolutely no time for them to race.
  • The Big Bikes were:
    Since I wasn't around the bikes, I didn't know which ones were at the event and how many were there. So if any of you can post the exact number of bikes, it'll be better.

A lot of Suzuki Hayabusa's!!!
    A few Ninja's
    Yellow Honda Valkyrie
    Honda CBR's
    Suzuki GSXR
  • According to me,
    Best Car present: Ferrari 360 Spider
    Best Bike present: Black Hayabusa [Dom's bike] and the yellow Valkyrie

Will post the Speed Run photos by today night.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 20:23   #2
zen
BHPian

Wow! That was a fast update!

Hope all these cars and bikes are going to be around tomm as well!
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 20:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Pics here!!

here we are, the first set of pics of the Mumbai Speed Run 2005!

Ferrari 360 Spider

Jaguar V12

Mercedes 300 SL

Mercedes SL 55 AMG

Old 19th February 2005, 20:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Default More Pics

Lotus Elise

Ford Mustang [Neville]

Mercedes SLK

BMW M3

Mercedes 300 SL

Old 19th February 2005, 21:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Celica

Audi TT

Honda Civic Type R

BMW 6 Series

Old 19th February 2005, 21:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ford Cosworth

BMW (330ci??? not sure, dont remember)

BMW X5 AC Schnitzer

Last edited by Gordon : 19th February 2005 at 21:12.
Old 19th February 2005, 21:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Porsche Boxter

Honda S2000

BMW 5 Series [Bangled]

Old 19th February 2005, 21:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Awesome man. Nice cars this time and the Ferrari factor must have just made your day.

Can't wait for tom........

BTW, what did the Civic R do? Any times? DOM!!!!

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 21:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Great pics man.. very quick job.. keep up th good work!!
Maverick5490 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 21:22   #10
BHPian

we should setup a meeting place for tommorow ....
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 21:46   #11
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It was super, the V6 making such raw power and the noise was to die for!!!
Correction : Its a flat 6. Hence the name Valkyrie F6C (Flat 6 cylinders).
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 21:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correction : Its a flat 6. Hence the name Valkyrie F6C (Flat 6 cylinders).
Flat 6 on a bike??? Good lord, how'd they fit it in? No wonder that bike looks bulky.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 21:58   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic topic photo Gordon. Since you have already touched upon the days summary, I'll just pick some highlights.

The kings of the day were undoubtedly KS Motorsports and Honda Citys (Old Gen). While KS' cars performed superbly and won a huge majority of the races that they took part in, the Honda Citys did not lose ONE SINGLE RACE. In each and every race with the Citys - whether a 1.3, 1.5 or the beloved Vtec - the competition was demolished. Well done, you two.

No Supercars!! Everyone was terribly disappointed but the crowd control was disastrous and extremely poor. From 3 p.m. onward, there were people (including kids) sitting on the race track and watching. IMHO, a disaster was just waiting to happen. The number grew consistently to a point where the organisers had to cancel the foreign categories. This was most disappointing as the Subaru Impreza WRX STi had just lined up for the race.

This is our resident tech-head - Dom! And his fantastic Honda Civic. You really have to marvel at the confidence he has in his car. I asked him who he thinks he will be pitted against. His answer "Who the heck cares?"

What better way to start the day than with a Ferrari. Was cruising toward the Speedrun in my Jeep when I saw the Modena at the stoplight. Needless to say, this was THE supercar of the day. We truly missed hearing it on full throttle today.

A concept that I saw for the first time. Removing all the doors and replacing them with plastic (to save on weight).

Look who showed up for self-humiliation The second picture has the San Storm lined up and ready against an Esteem. Well, no competition. The Esteem was ahead by a couple of car lengths within a 1/4 of a 1/4 mile! As Salil Kulkarni said, the only way a San Storm can win is by racing against another San Storm.

The 200 BHP Palio. It is owned by Fiat and was especially modified for this drag. The sound alone was worth all the effort that Fiat may have put in this car. Driven by an Italian, it sure as hell held its own against the Baleno it raced against.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 21:59   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Subaru Impreza WRX Sti...even when parked next to the M3....I spent more time on this bomber. A Team-BHP favorite? You bet.

A very interested race - which was termed as "HM vs GM" by some. No prizes for guessing who won, but the Ambassador did have a fantastic launch.

Hey Revvmaster, do you remember powersliding in this car last summer?

Poonawala was back in his drool-worthy Turbocharged Honda City. For those who arent aware, he installed this turbo himself after shopping around on the ebay, and Autocarindia have timed his 0 - 100 in under 8 seconds. Against the Honda Accord V6, it seemed like a tough task. Until of course, the lights went green. You cannot see the Honda in the third picture cos hes so far ahead.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 22:21   #15
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Accord with cool wheels.

The AC Schnitzer X5.

The MAFIA 140S with an AMG badge and Brabus wheels.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote