Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2005, 09:17   #1
BHPian

How many points can NK expect (for the season)?

I guess 5 points would be a good score, and 10 would mean a potential World Champion material.

What do others say?

HK
Old 14th March 2005, 09:46   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
I guess 5 points would be a good score, and 10 would mean a potential World Champion material.

What do others say?

HK
Let us see if he can come to 1 point, unless we get lucky with rains or accidents.

Sorry no offense though, I want him to win the championship, but have a very bad feeling abt the jordan car. everything counts for points!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14th March 2005, 10:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

The question is, how many can NK expect. Well, realistically speaking, he shouldn't be expecting any points. Only because the Jordan is that bad a car this year and can only hope to compete with Minardi.

Any points he gets would be a bonus and probably be because of some outside circumstances (weather, red flags etc)
Old 14th March 2005, 10:51   #4
BHPian

The Jordan car was worse last year with the Ford engine. And still managed 5 points out of 17 races. This time we have 18. So, over the course of the season, where there is bound to be some unusual circumstances, we can hope for 5 points.

HK
Old 14th March 2005, 12:05   #5
BHPian

i dunno, ithink maybe around 2, that is if he is lucky, because after the first race the other cars seem to be more reliable than last year, so for a hope of them retiring and then he coming into the points is not gonna be that easy this season, but then again with the rule of 1 engine for 2 races who knows how many might retire in the second race, lots of possibilites there, what i think NK should do is what he did in the first race just try and finish all the races, he will get lucky sometime and get into the points and yeah atleast keep beating the minardi's and his team mate
Old 14th March 2005, 12:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

have a feeling he'll get abt 5 points

hope he does something that would make him to be there reguarly in f1
Old 14th March 2005, 13:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

I feel something like 5-6 points is what he may get at the most...... really, its too much to expect even a single point while in Jordan.
Old 14th March 2005, 14:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The question is, how many can NK expect. Well, realistically speaking, he shouldn't be expecting any points. Only because the Jordan is that bad a car this year and can only hope to compete with Minardi.

Any points he gets would be a bonus and probably be because of some outside circumstances (weather, red flags etc)
Exactly how Rtech puts it
any points he scores will be a fluke
.. not being harsh.. just honest
Old 14th March 2005, 15:02   #9
BHPian

Hatari, you are right. The point is over an entire season of 18 races, flukes are bound to happen once or twice. Those opportunities should not be lost by teams like Jordan and Minardi.

HK
Old 14th March 2005, 15:18   #10
BHPian

something around 5 points will be very appreciative. only if the accident permit though. all the best to him.
Old 14th March 2005, 16:06   #11
BHPian

With the pre 2004 race/qualifying rules & points system I'd say zero unless theres some drama like rain/accidents. With the current regulations anyone can score points, u don't have to have a fast car/driver at all.
Rai
Old 14th March 2005, 16:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Scoring points will be really difficult in the Jordan seeing this years new rules in the engine dept. Most of us are saying 5 point but that too is unrealistic. I would be very happy even if scores one point. I just hope to see him drive well and finish races. If he performs consistently and doesnt overdo it, he could very well land himself a better team in the future. I would love to see him score lots of points but I'm just being realistic.

I really want to see him stay in F1 because of his driving abilities (I feel he drove well in Australia) rather than buy himself a drive

Dippy
Old 14th March 2005, 18:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

let narain finish a few races before commenting on how many points he can get
And Narain (or Tata and other sponsers) wont be paying for his drive next year. Im almost certain that hell get a good contract and hopefully a team change
Old 14th March 2005, 20:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

His ultimate goal would be to score his first point this season. Nothing else.

Quote:
And Narain (or Tata and other sponsers) wont be paying for his drive next year. Im almost certain that hell get a good contract and hopefully a team change
Is the Jordan Team relying on Narain's sponsors to a large extent?! Remax and Sobraine are main sponsors. The Jordan car seems to be just yellow and black with very very few stickers on it. Jordan's sponsor list:
  • TATA
  • Speed [Bharat Petroluem]
  • JK Tyres
  • Sobraine
  • Remax
  • Superfund

It just looks like that if the Indian sponsors back out, Jordan is in trouble.

Last edited by Gordon : 14th March 2005 at 20:49.
Old 14th March 2005, 21:39   #15
Team-BHP Support

Let's hope Narain manages to finish his races. The Jordan is not a good car by any means. In the grid pecking order, Jordan is seeded ninth. However, we still have the Monaco Grand Prix which can spring some pleasant surprises. As for points, in my opinion, if Narain does get any points, it will be between 1 and 5.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks