Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 27th February 2009, 11:49   #106
BHPian

Yeah now everyone is eagerly waiting for the next postpoining (if there is such a word) is this the organizers or the FMSCI? In any case its lost most of its credibility now :(
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 12:47   #107
Senior - BHPian

i doubt there is a torque nite happening. its quite pathetic, and speaks low volumes that an event is postponed so many times. highly unproffesional!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 15:47   #108
BHPian

Bang on, way to go. I would feel really bad if this has something to do with the FMSCI not giving the permission which I highly doubt. This feels like a half hearted attempt from the beginning.
Old 27th February 2009, 22:15   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Bang on, way to go. I would feel really bad if this has something to do with the FMSCI not giving the permission which I highly doubt. This feels like a half hearted attempt from the beginning.
they have got the permission from FMSCI, there are 2 probabilities either Sponsors withdrew themselves or drag got canned because of the DRI siezeure,,
wheelieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 01:45   #110
BANNED

Why should a drag Race be cancelled due to DRI seizures? That really doesnt make sense. Or are most of the cars/bikes coming to the event illegally imported??

Also, To date the whole thing looks dodgy to me. First you say its a nite thing...then you say its a day thing...Then you postpone it almost seven times!! I for one am certainly not going to bother with this!! Makes you wonder about the credibility of the organisers.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 28th February 2009 at 01:47.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 01:56   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Why should a drag Race be cancelled due to DRI seizures? That really doesnt make sense. Or are most of the cars/bikes coming to the event illegally imported??
Cyrus, dikra, if you go back in time to one of the SRs held near that Bandra-Worli sealink, the DRI showed up and a lot of the SBKs went into hiding. Something about glass houses...

Anyway, since you're here, what news on SR?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 05:49   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Cyrus, dikra, if you go back in time to one of the SRs held near that Bandra-Worli sealink, the DRI showed up and a lot of the SBKs went into hiding.
That also happened at the first or second (can't remember) SR at Kharghar. They picked up some bikes from there.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 10:00   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy View Post
they have got the permission from FMSCI, there are 2 probabilities either Sponsors withdrew themselves or drag got canned because of the DRI siezeure,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

Also, To date the whole thing looks dodgy to me. First you say its a nite thing...then you say its a day thing...Then you postpone it almost seven times!! I for one am certainly not going to bother with this!! Makes you wonder about the credibility of the organisers.

@Wheelieboy - If I am not mistaken the license got revoked at the last minute. This was mainly due to the fact that they had not got any of the permissions as claimed by them from the authorities. Also the primary reason was over safety issues which were 100% justified.

This had nothing to do with the DRI.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 12:49   #114
BHPian

So can TorqueNite for now. New found respect for Autocar for doing it what it does, DRI or no DRI please dont dont let SpeedRun get canned!
Old 1st March 2009, 20:49   #115
BHPian

Nothing to do with the DRIs .. supposedly there was a speedbraker at 300mt mark of the strip
varun_patra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 20:57   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
Nothing to do with the DRIs .. supposedly there was a speedbraker at 300mt mark of the strip
And it took them 7 postponements to notice the same? Wow, people will be lucky if they manage to organise and hold one event in this decade.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:24   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
And it took them 7 postponements to notice the same? Wow, people will be lucky if they manage to organise and hold one event in this decade.
May it was put up over night so as to discourage the enthusiasts by the locals(if any). Such things do pop-up unexpectedly.

The speed breaker story looks like a vague excuse(unless its a latest development), there could be other reasons.

Raj.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 03:56   #118
BHPian

the speed breaker is for real,its at about 560mts from what we last checked when we went to check the strip,its not a story,the organiser's are amateurish,you cant do anything about it
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 07:11   #119
Senior - BHPian

Is it on the same strip that the SR is held?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 13:07   #120
BHPian

The way its getting postponed every time I think it'll be the first motorsport event of 2010..
speedfreak7116 is offline   Reply With Quote