Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 20th January 2009, 13:13   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Any this time Psyco does not have to blame his driving/grip etc. The engine is much more easier. Sorry Keshav, could not resist.
Thanks for making things personal again... Its my car and my life and if you can make statements like these it would better that you participated instead of making jokes.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 13:20   #287
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I remember after the last Bombay Speed Run there was a lot of heated excitement in the corresponding thread about many issues.

Not surprised to see similar angst after the Hyderabad event

Why doesn't someone with friends at FMSCI get the apex body to create a grievance redressal cell so these issues are heard out and addressed.

I am assuming some of the more experienced drag racers know people at FMSCI.

Its important for the health of the sport that a formal system of grievance redressal is in place.

Needless to say events are organised by people and where you have people you invariably have differing opinions. FMSCI should address all such eventualities in the interest of growing the sport and not be a silent spectator to the fragmentation of what otherwise is a splendid sport.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 13:32   #288
Senior - BHPian

Everybody has pretty much said everything that I wanted to say, but the thing that cheesed me off the most was not letting a competitor run even when only one car is doing a run.

Let me explain in detail. Psycho's car had problems at the start line. We took the car back to the pit area and sorted it out. We went to the organizers with a request to let him run in the Indian Open category. We did not want any prizes or anything. It was just to get a timing of the car. In the Indian Open Shabbir's car was the last car to run. It was on the left lane with an empty right lane. We requested them to let Psycho run on the right lane just for a timing run and a guy called Srikanth from the organizers screams at me that they are running out of time. I mean Shabbir was running anyway in his Zen with an empty right lane. How much more time would it have taken for Psycho to do a run with Shabbir?

All said and done, a good first experience of attending a drag as a part of a team. On the other hand feel really sorry for the Bangy boys who lost out due to malfunctioning staging lights and the lack of spirit shown by the organizers. The staging lights on the right lane was showing a jump start for everybody on the first day. It would go directly from yellow to red. Infact even on the second day when the Supra vs the F430 was happening the right side lights did not light up at all and that is why the F430 did a solo run, turned around came back and did another run with the Supra. And they say they were running out of time.

Last edited by vikram_d : 20th January 2009 at 13:45.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 13:41   #289
Senior - BHPian

If there is anyone here on the forum who has empowered links into APMSCI I would like to speak to them in person instead of breaking my key board. This is my number : +919845312601, pls call me, I would love to share some key areas that need critical attention failing which no Bangalorean car will ever participate in any event that has any ties with APMSCI!
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 13:48   #290
Team-BHP Support

Oh man.. Looks like this event was something special -- hot cars, hot folks, hot tempers and not so hot organization.

So when do we have this kind of event here in Bangalore? Would love to go and see what happens there. Looks like lots of fun.

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:03   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
And they say they were running out of time.
That too for a category that was introduced later that evening... it does not exist on the SR and it was called the invitation class. Even more interesting was the fact the organisers taking entries until about 5:00 on the last day. And they did not have time.

The cops came and asked to shut down the races but when the Ferrari shows up they promptly disappear.

No burnouts at staging area as it is dangerous what was the Ferrari and the Supra doing launching on that narrow road with over 200 people lining it, that is what I call dangerous. Please look at the numerous pics that will tell you the same story.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:36   #292
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Guys i just want to clear some thing.

Its not Ferrari F540 but its Ferrari F430.

here's the proof of F430

Attachment 91471
Oh !!! thanks a lot for the clarification, Read that post carefully and try to understand what it was... Hope you have heard of something called Pulling the leg... BTW, the 'F430' in your proof is upside down, Funny you forgot to mention that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
with SyedHafeez, F430 tried but failed miserably on a burnout.

It was done wonderfully by the Supra. Stationary and the rear wheels moving like crazy with smoke all over. Wow, what a sight. Not to mention the exhaust note, which was mind boggling.
Dude, they do burnouts to heat the tires and not to impress you, the F430 did a moving burnout and heated the tires pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishaan_1990 View Post
also @fieroid if you dont know what that ferrari is called,
i dont think you should go running your mouth like that.There is no car like the F540! LOL
Well, atleast he didnt say Maruti F430 right ? look at the case in point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
I am not very sure about that, when I had been for drive in that car on 1st January it was dam fast (Response was very quick).
You are not very sure of what ? who said the car is slow ?
the only zak i know is speedzak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I think these people should be allowed to do a re-run in the end...at least because they came from so far to participate. The Bangalore contingent really contributed to the events success.

In this case they could have given him a warning or penalty at most.
In the end i heard that they apologized to shrey and admitted they shouldnt have disqualified him... but what's the use of saying sorry after everything was over ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
when I was looking at the Video I noticed that F430 took off before Supra and then it came back and the drag was started again.

Why did this happen? Was it a trial run or was F430 sent for a spin to warm up its tires?
That was after the event was over, they were just running against each other wanting to see what each car could do. The amber lights turned on all at a time and then the green light lit, the F430 took off where as Shabbir didnt as that was not the right way for the lights to go off, hence their race was restarted.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:53   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much more time would it have taken for Psycho to do a run with Shabbir?
I also heard (might be wrong) "What will an esteem do running against Shabbir's car it is slow." and this was when Shabbir himself requested for a run.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:59   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
I also heard (might be wrong) "What will an esteem do running against Shabbir's car it is slow." and this was when Shabbir himself requested for a run.
That is why I told you to say your car is 79 bhp.

But all said and done the highlight of this trip is 4x4 ride you took with car.

Last edited by vikram_d : 20th January 2009 at 15:00.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 15:17   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Forget abt it, its really not worth wasting time on this nymore! The organizers dont know the difference bween turbo, nitrous and a blower...wat will they know about how fast an esteem or zonda be! Lets stop
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 15:21   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
We, BHPians from Hyderabad should have rallied around to help our fellow BHPians from another city with whatever sort of assistance they needed. From, my side please do accept my apologies.
Suren the Hyderabad BHPian's had been extremely helpful and I am definitely grateful to them, whom I was mentioning about were the organisers.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:38   #297
Senior - BHPian

fieroid, it was good to listen to your discussion on bikes. got a good amount of info.
as you said, some people won because other's didn't participate. but did they win really? it was big joke in the eyes of enthusiasts. so in front of whom did they win? local fellows/ photographers / girls/ security etc? they are general public and easily forget any even they attend. enthusiats carry forward the experiences and this was really bad. even if there is a gurantee that next time this will be better, i doubt serious participation.
as they say, a bit of color/contacts and drama, you can easily bend rules out here. sad though but true. really salute spirit of vasu and company of getting things repaired on the pit. you need to be somebody to get that kind of spirit in the blood.

PS: local "enadu" paper has my picture when they took the pics of the girls hanging around. (i wasn't doing so!!). hail all the t-bhpians and others who made from blore till here. see you next time!!
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 15:42   #298
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
But all said and done the highlight of this trip is 4x4 ride you took with car.
A 4X4 ride with his car ? could you narrate in detail please...
Old 20th January 2009, 15:56   #299
BHPian

Joel, I agree, I needed some support at that time.. I tried my best to make that marshall understand but it became a ego issue for him. When one of the other marshalls approached him and told him that the burnout was important, he was like " either he is in or I am in"... what a waste moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
@
@ssjr - I guess, we all should have protested against that stupid marshall then and there when they objected the burn-out. Such old farts should read the SRs themselves first. Rules are different for a layman and a superstar. Welcome to India!

Jay, yes they did apologise to me and even I told them the same thing, what is the point now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
In the end i heard that they apologized to shrey and admitted they shouldnt have disqualified him... but what's the use of saying sorry after everything was over ?

All said and done, I'm now looking forward to the Speed Run, lets hope Bangalore has it this time.

On a lighter note, it was fun beating the Peted Skoda RS. According to the owner it was a stage 2 mod close to 300bhp.. but honestly I think it was only a stage1 mod with 180bhp.

Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 16:03   #300
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
On a lighter note, it was fun beating the Peted Skoda RS. According to the owner it was a stage 2 mod close to 300bhp.. but honestly I think it was only a stage1 mod with 180bhp.
It was indeed nice to see your run against the RS. Your car pulled away very well. I heard that car was stage 1 modified and not stage 2.

Any idea about the Red RS ? What mods ?