Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 20th January 2009, 16:08   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
A 4X4 ride with his car ? could you narrate in detail please...
Posting this incident might be off topic here but it happened at the end of day one after everybody had left so I guess it belongs here also.

At the end of day one Psycho told me that his car was running very rich. So he was tuning his car when Vasu anna and myself were focusing the Hella fog lights on my car. Bhairav was in the passenger seat of Psycho's car and Psycho being Psycho decides to do a test run of his car in the dirt without any headlights. The headlights had been disconnected as there was a problem with the old battery on his car. The time must have been about 7:30 - 8:00 ish and it was absolutely dark in the field and you could not see anything with the headlights off. Anyways Psycho goes for a run in the dirt, Bhairav holding the laptop is in the passenger seat. He launches really hard with wheels spinning away to glory. Finds traction shifts to second gear and is doing about 115 kmph in a matter of seconds when Bhairav spots a ditch right in front and screams 'PIT'. Psycho slams on the brakes, but it is too late and the car just takes off. Vasu and myself who are watching all this just see a pair of tail lights and they just disappear without any warning. Vasu heard some loud banging sound. When the dust clears I see two torch lights running in the direction of where Psycho and his car should be. The torch lights turned out to be two security guards who were on duty at that point of time. Vasu and me get into my car and we race towards the same spot, only to realize that there is a ditch. We stop just in time and see the car in the ditch with Bhairav running towards us laughing and howling at the top of his lungs. That is when we realize the true magnitude of what has just happened. The car has flown straight down into the ditch about 10 ft deep at about 80 - 90 kmph. Luckily nothing happened to car nor to any of its occupants.

This is the story behind my latest signature. I have been trying hard to convince Psycho to forget the drag scene and just put in a roll cage and take part in rallying. He already has a proven car for it.

Edit - @ Suren - We surely did not find it horrifying. The minute we saw the car in the ditch we all just burst out laughing including Vasu. To us it was extremely funny. I guess we found it funny because everyone was all right.

Last edited by vikram_d : 20th January 2009 at 16:14.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 16:11   #302
BHPian

Oh god, that must have been an horrifying experience. good to know that no one was hurt.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 17:35   #303
Senior - BHPian

Keshav, Ritesh and Shrey - Thanks for sharing your experience and I cannot start to imagine how cheesed off you guys must be feeling.

My Observations are -
- The Jump Starts seem to be fixed and manipulated as per the whims of the youthful organizers.
- There was absolutely no understanding of drag spec vehicles by the organizers.
- The Organizers should have appointed marshals form a respectable motor sports body or they should have appointed knowledgeable marshals from HYD, BLR and other participating cities. (Were the marshals from a respectable motorsports body?? )
- I agree with Keshav - Out of town participants stay away from such amature drag events. - Please dont try to convince me that this was a professional event.

My 2 cents - Let this pass as a learning. Look forward to the next event.

I am also curious to understand how come they let the Supra win considering who was driving the F340. How come the rules did not bend for that finale? I am quite surprised that... well!

Kudos to Shabbir for taking the pants off the Ferrari.

Also some posts mention that we are waiting for the timings from APMSCI/FMSCI and some posts say "what timing?" Whats the latest on the timings?

Last edited by IronWolf : 20th January 2009 at 17:37.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 19:48   #304
BHPian

Sorry if I sound naive while saying this, but how difficult is it to organise an event like this on ur own? TeamBHP meets are pretty common anyway, why not turn one of those meets into a mega-drag-race-meet? All complaints would be addressed, more car enthusiasts would turn up (as compared to general crowd) and you'll be guaranteed to have a lot more fun. Plus, if it's a decent crowd, there'll be a lot more supercars turning up.

Just my two cents.

Also, I feel for the injustice that some of you have been put through and for the lack of organisation that may have taken place. But for once, just once, maybe we should encourage the thought and put in some constructive, and not destructive, criticism? Suggestions are always better appreciated than downright blasting.

Do consider a TBHP organised event. Will be immensely successful. If it's a workable idea, I'm ready to put in all my efforts.
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 20:00   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys
I suggest you take up the matter with FMSCI if you think that your case is genuine. I am sure that FMSCI has some kind
of complaint /feedback channel for participants. It is their job to ensure that participants are treated in a fair and just manner. Please read the rule book throughly before you do so.
At the least you can expect an apology and a entry fee refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
If there is anyone here on the forum who has empowered links into APMSCI I would like to speak to them in person instead of breaking my key board. This is my number : +919845312601, pls call me, I would love to share some key areas that need critical attention failing which no Bangalorean car will ever participate in any event that has any ties with APMSCI!
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 20:29   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post

All said and done, I'm now looking forward to the Speed Run, lets hope Bangalore has it this time.
That looks like a distant dream, the only thing our dear Karnataka government wants to do is see some drag race between bullock carts with Deve Gowda and the likes of him sitting on them. We are going back in most aspects rather than moving ahead.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 22:03   #307
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The car has flown straight down into the ditch about 10 ft deep at about 80 - 90 kmph. Luckily nothing happened to car nor to any of its occupants.

This is the story behind my latest signature. I have been trying hard to convince Psycho to forget the drag scene and just put in a roll cage and take part in rallying. He already has a proven car for it.
As soon as i reached the venue, i met Bhairav and he took me directly to the place where they took off and narrated the story, i burst into laughter and walked straight to Keshav and asked him as to why he keeps doing such things and he too started laughing. Good that nothing happened to the car. Bad that he couldnt run in the drag.

@ Keshav : You should have shown the marshal ( who said your car is slow ) what your car is capable of, may be then he would have let you run your car...
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 22:21   #308
BHPian

Quote:

You are not very sure of what ? who said the car is slow ?
the only zak i know is speedzak.

Dude, I have sent a PM to you which will explain you what I was not sure about.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 22:23   #309
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Dude, I have sent a PM to you which will explain you what I was not sure about.
Have sent you a reply.

Timings out yet ?
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 22:54   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Timings out yet ?
Not yet, still have to be made up
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 23:30   #311
Senior - BHPian

Ok my dear friends here are the provisional timings pics.

Please bear with some technical glitches faced while taking the pics with people jostling around.

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-003.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-005.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-006.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-007.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-008.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-009.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-010.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-011.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-012.jpg

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-picture-013.jpg

PS: Btw, this is the quickest ever, I have posted pics in a thread just for you all. Few Bangy boys and Chennai annas can support my claim. Well the hyd bhpians are anyways around.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 23:44   #312

"Kudos to Shabbir for taking the pants off the Ferrari."

Do anyone has the timming sheet for Foreign cars 3001 and Above.......BMW M3 Ripping off the supra.....Yes an M3 got 1st ......Supra got 2nd.
vamsi350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 23:51   #313
Senior - BHPian

That car # 63 (Honda City) has posted a 13.649 quarter mile time. What the hell was she running??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 01:29   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That car # 63 (Honda City) has posted a 13.649 quarter mile time. What the hell was she running??
From what ive heard, its got a worked B15C2 Vtec engine with NOS.

This same car won in the 1400-1600 modified class with a time of 15.7secs (without NOS).

Too bad Ritesh was disqualified coz he was aiming for a sub 15 sec time. They should have atleast posted the 1/4 mile time for reference.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 01:52   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Guys
I suggest you take up the matter with FMSCI if you think that your case is genuine. I am sure that FMSCI has some kind
of complaint /feedback channel for participants. It is their job to ensure that participants are treated in a fair and just manner. Please read the rule book throughly before you do so.
At the least you can expect an apology and a entry fee refund.
Boss, nothing's gonna change. If some 'senior' official who is a supposed luminary of APMSC can have ego issues with a competitor, do you really think the FMSCI or other organisations give a flying youknowwhat? For years we've moaned about Speed Run etc, and we sure as hell have MAI and ACI people reading this forum, but do you see a change or improvement?

Where's Ishan when you need him?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote