Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 24th February 2009, 15:59   #61

I have been to the mumbai events for 3 yrs with the best been at the bandra reclamation sincei had a vip pass . But later when i visited at navi mumbai it was more chaos than anything for spectators. I would totally agree for better seat arrangements.Last year I saw the spectators getting too enthu about the race that they started with their own show outside in middle of huge crowd which was pretty dangerous.Regarding the announcements I could not hear a thing last year maybe due to the speaker arrangements in the open space.
hellsangelzooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 16:46   #62
BHPian

Is there any official website, which gives information on Speed Run Dates and Events..
Got the one for Torquenites.. by googling.! didnt find on speedrun
yatinchoubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 12:12   #63
Team-BHP Support

If the Speed Run is to happen any time between the 20th and 31st of March, the process of accepting entries should start right now. There has to be a cut off date (say 18th) and every entrant should have all his documents including his FMSCI / MAI licence and insurance in order before that. Last year it was a fiasco with people pouring in till the last second at ACI's office. That's a horrible experience for both, the entrants and the ACI people.
Aditya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 12:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
If the Speed Run is to happen any time between the 20th and 31st of March, the process of accepting entries should start right now. There has to be a cut off date (say 18th) and every entrant should have all his documents including his FMSCI / MAI licence and insurance in order before that. Last year it was a fiasco with people pouring in till the last second at ACI's office. That's a horrible experience for both, the entrants and the ACI people.
It's a horrible experience every year. Now we are less than 1 month away from the 'supposed' dates, and the ACI representative on TBHP is suddenly very silent, except on the Torque Nite thread. It would really help if these fellows got their act together and announced the dates 2 month in advance. If nothing else, we get cheaper airline tickets.

But that ain't gonna happen.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 12:50   #65
BHPian

I totally agree it always happen they announce everything a week or so in advance so there is a lot of running around to do. Hotels and everything are expensive at the last moment as well. But right now the only thing we should hope for is that it takes place because it seems very bleak.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 14:15   #66
BHPian

Default last year @ speed run

last year @ speed run we had made a group of four & gone to support namma bengaluru boys.we had flew t & fro.trust me it was the worst speed run.though we knew alot of guys & got entry it was limited.we couldnt see the drags.only the participants & VIPS were allowed.very badly organised.my best experience with speed run has been @ bangalore.
i think we should make it big.
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
last year @ speed run we had made a group of four & gone to support namma bengaluru boys.we had flew t & fro.trust me it was the worst speed run.though we knew alot of guys & got entry it was limited.we couldnt see the drags.only the participants & VIPS were allowed.very badly organised.my best experience with speed run has been @ bangalore.
i think we should make it big.
well, brickbats apart, I really appreciate Autocar's effort in organizing this event. Its a treat for all of us lesser money'd guys who are equally enthusiastic about cars and speed. Suggestions;
1. try to see a possibility where visitors can see the cars in a gallery of sorts.
2. Sell merchandise of speedrun as it is a brand name worth talking about anyway.
3. Please do not ignore the audience's coz there are passionate automotive guys amongst them who'll want to one fine day get into the same ball game.
4. Tickets for visitors is not a bad idea provided the revenue goes into providing better facilities for them.
5. Now that bangalore is more or less beign called Tuner city, please o please , organize an event in bangalore.I hope Mallya (or anybody of the likes) wakes up and makes the infrastructure for regular races.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 15:20   #68
BHPian

So, is Speed Run happening this month?
URJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 11:50   #69
BHPian

So when is Speed Run happening this year? Any dates yet?
babe_on_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 16:34   #70
BHPian

@babe on wheels : No definate dates as of yet. By any chance are you the lady that dragged the F4i and R1 last year?
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 18:15   #71
BANNED

Look at the events that take place in the UK. I guess the organisrs should get some pointers from there
brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 03:14   #72
BANNED

hey guys wanted to ask that is the speed run happening on the 21th march or not .... have to make arrangements
accord masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 11:36   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
hey guys wanted to ask that is the speed run happening on the 21th march or not .... have to make arrangements
nope i dont think its happening that weekend.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 19:54   #74
BHPian

I heard, ACI timing equipment has problems after they gave it for the deccan drag..apart from that they havent even approached the FMSI yet.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 23:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
I heard, ACI timing equipment has problems after they gave it for the deccan drag..apart from that they havent even approached the FMSI yet.
Ohh i see. I just wished it would have happened. It would have been fun.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote