Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 21st March 2009, 01:51   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
LOL Mclaren... I am aware that you love you Baleno, but Balenohonnur!!!
Thanks for pointing out the typo. Its the effect of all those rally balenos whizzing around me you see . There are more pics to come, specially some good ones with the bikes in the dirt. Keep watching this space.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 02:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Rishi, if you have the bike pics can you post them please? I deleted them from my cam as I ran out of space.
I don't have any pics with me right now, everything is on memo's laptop. Will get it from him and post it soon.
doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 10:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
It had been a long time since I had travelled out of town with friends. So memo called up and said lets go to Balehonnur and we were off. The journey was awesome, thanks to doomsday, memo, memo's friend Avinash and Shabbir all taking turns to show their humorous side.

Car classes began from the 800's to the esteem's to the baleno's. Then there was the Indian Open. I think Karan from Race Dynamics won the 800, 1600 and the Indian Open class IIRC. Plenty of seasoned rally/autocross drivers like Lohit Urs, Ranjit Ballal, Rahul Kantraj, GS Joshy, Chetan Shivram, Baban Khan etc took part.
Dude no Shabbir never came with us his name is Tabrez
And also Karan is from Team RAC along with Ranjit Ballal and Rahul Kantraj. Its just RAC use RACE dynamics products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
This is just the ECU and the HKS suspension at work?
Wow! Faster than the esteems? How? Ofcourse the driver matters, but at that level, there is not much difference between drivers is there?
What tyres?
Quote:
Not to sure about the tires, but it surely was not running stock. Yes the car had no other mods apart from the ECU, suspension and tires. And we all know that this engine is best past the 20k km mark.
Ya the swift d driven by Lohith was the highlight of the day with all the action sparing all the audiable drama, he clocked the 3ed fastest time of 2.07.xxx in his first outing in the car, and the car was still running in.
The car runs the HKS Hipermax V-sport suspension and the RACE dynamics CD0801 diesel ecu, as the car was being run-in the ecu was set to the P1 map mode, (there is another option with a more agressive map aka P2). As for tyres it was running the 14" dirt tyres from MRF.
memo45_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 10:15   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
Dude no Shabbir never came with us his name is Tabrez
And also Karan is from Team RAC along with Ranjit Ballal and Rahul Kantraj. Its just RAC use RACE dynamics products.
looks like the Chennai heat is getting to me. Mohnish, why don't you post the bike pics?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote