Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 8th April 2009, 12:47   #136
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
i wonder which is slower the tata internet services or the tata boats?
Its a very close contest, Siddu. Very close.
But you know the old saying - Slow and Steady Wins the Race.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:01   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
i wonder which is slower the tata internet services or the tata boats?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Its a very close contest, Siddu. Very close.
But you know the old saying - Slow and Steady Wins the Race.
The Tata Truck will walk all over the puny cars if only our man had engaged the magic knob "4WD-L"
Old 8th April 2009, 14:40   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't know what was wrong with the Gypsy, but it sure was leaking oil like crazy, marking its territory all over the pit area.
Old 8th April 2009, 14:57   #139
BHPian

@Ali G

Hey buddy, nice to see that you are back.
So reached Amchi Mumbai ? or still sweltering in the maddening chennai heat ?

Next time drive down man, and we can burn some rubber
Old 8th April 2009, 15:38   #140
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
The Elantra was a bit of a disappointment, I expected better from a car with all that on it. Satya, like I said, you may want to look at better suspension. Can't do much about the understeer anyway.
Akshay considering that a really front end heavy car with a diesel motor clocked a 2:17 with NK clocking a 2:15 on a stock RS, you ought to give some credit to that car. Its not as bad as you make it out to be. Maybe your just being anti Korean, because from what I remember the Elantra went past your swift (when it was still on good rubber) and built up quite a fair bit of distance? Wish someone had captured that video to clear the air. And like I mentioned to you, that car is mainly for the highways, don't want to compromise on streetability by doing any suspension upgrades. And just like your swift, the handling was on the down slide when we both went out for a spin and I was getting used to the change in behaviour from the SX4. Maybe we were clocking 2:25's, thats a good 8 secs off the best times it managed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
1. This was not an official track-day.
2. A lot of people don't really care and just want to go ahead anyway.
Sorry, but kindly look over the previously held P&P sessions. Atleast those that I have organized I made sure atleast 2 laps were done to show everyone the lines. But, this time I wasn't a part of the organizing committee, so what the heck? Just pointing out some flaws, just the way I always welcome suggestions when I host such an event.

Quote:
Please elaborate on this. Last time I asked you, you had specifically denied any such thing and said there were no such issues.
Its got to do with some members making wild claims such as N.Leelakrishnan will be scared when he sees our cars fly. Comeon, guys. Such statements are really uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Why dint the guy who messed the gypsy up stick around???????????????????????
Oh! FYI, I had some work in town. If you read the earlier posts on this thread you will know that I have mentioned I was coming to track day and also to attend to some personal work in Chennai.

Also, from what I remember the gypsy was in fine shape till I drove it down to track except for we running out of fuel thanks to an overoptimistic fuel guage. Its a different issue that, the puny 1ltr carbed motor was probably in no shape to be driven that far with all that load and then to tow a race esteem. I drove the car just in the same fashion that its owner drove before I took over its wheel. Probably if I had not allowed him to speed up to track so that he would not miss out on his time on the track, these allegations would have been put to rest. Before you point fingers at others, kindly get your facts right.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th April 2009 at 15:42.
Old 8th April 2009, 17:54   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Oh! FYI, I had some work in town. If you read the earlier posts on this thread you will know that I have mentioned I was coming to track day and also to attend to some personal work in Chennai.

Also, from what I remember the gypsy was in fine shape till I drove it down to track except for we running out of fuel thanks to an overoptimistic fuel guage. Its a different issue that, the puny 1ltr carbed motor was probably in no shape to be driven that far with all that load and then to tow a race esteem. I drove the car just in the same fashion that its owner drove before I took over its wheel. Probably if I had not allowed him to speed up to track so that he would not miss out on his time on the track, these allegations would have been put to rest. Before you point fingers at others, kindly get your facts right.
Two things:
1. It was not an organised event being said again and again and again. So no compulsion for us to do anything. we were going there anyways(3-4 cars) we INVITED others to join they were welcome to the track as it is not a restricted location. if we went ahead and did not tell anyone then we get flak for it if we INVITE people we get flak for it!!!!!

2. DID I SAY IT WAS YOU???
Old 8th April 2009, 18:00   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Two things:
1. It was not an organised event being said again and again and again. So no compulsion for us to do anything. we were going there anyways(3-4 cars) we INVITED others to join they were welcome to the track as it is not a restricted location. if we went ahead and did not tell anyone then we get flak for it if we INVITE people we get flak for it!!!!!
Like I said, I wont argue any further on this one. Its obvious you lot are just shirking responsibilities to ensure a safer time on track. So be it, after all you are the ones who setup this track day. I was just giving my bit, take it or leave it.

Quote:
2. DID I SAY IT WAS YOU???
Come on Amit! People aren't so foolish. Everyone knows who it was aimed at. Its a pity you don't even have the guts to say it out loud. If you got to say something be direct, stop beating about the bush. So who did you mean anyways if it wasn't me?
Old 8th April 2009, 18:07   #143
BHPian

I think everybody needs to chillout. Take it easy guys. Meet up, have a lot to drink, hug and kiss and make up.

Cheers.
Old 8th April 2009, 18:57   #144
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod team: Enough of this!

Everybody just relax OR if you still have the urge to start a one on one conversation, take it offline/PM's.

If this continues we are closing the thread.

Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th April 2009 at 19:03.
Old 8th April 2009, 18:58   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Akshay considering that a really front end heavy car with a diesel motor clocked a 2:17 with NK clocking a 2:15 on a stock RS, you ought to give some credit to that car.
Are you sure you are not mixing up short and long loop timings?
Find it hard to believe that the Elantra shown ploughing away to glory beats NK in a vRS.
Old 8th April 2009, 20:02   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Are you sure you are not mixing up short and long loop timings?
Find it hard to believe that the Elantra shown ploughing away to glory beats NK in a vRS.
No, both the cars were timed on the long loop itself. The elantra was measured using Racelogic Vbox. IIRC, the RS clocked a 2:15 secs while the elantra clocked a 2:17.xx secs. So technically, it didn't beat the RS.
Old 8th April 2009, 20:23   #147
Senior - BHPian

2'17 is very much possible. The long loop has more flat out straights than the short loop. So the average speeds are bound to increase.

Take the Race Esteems itself, the record on the short loop is a 1'14.xx which equates to an average speed of 102kmph. These same cars can lap the long loop in around 2'04 which is an average of 107kmph. Thats an increase of 5kmph.

I myself have lapped the short loop in 1'22 (ave speed 92kmph) in Wolf's vtec, with those (god knows what hand) wornout tyres we picked up from JC Road. If i were to run the long loop that day, i would have been doing around 2'16 (97kmph) or so.

And i believe this Elantra is modified and is pretty quick? Add to that some good rubber and you can easily see why 2'17 is possible.

Im no Hyundai fan but if a Vbox says 2'17, i wont even dare argue against it. LOL

I hope the Vbox is available next time, id love to get an official lap time for my car (with G3s ofcourse).

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 8th April 2009 at 20:42.
Old 8th April 2009, 22:34   #148
BHPian

Guys could you all please move on with this report thread and not go around picking on each other,
Vikram it was me who did the burnout's and handbrake turns in the pits and i am sorry about that, was just trying to get some temp on the age old nevoa's, if you have anything please take it up with me.
Keshav we had access to the vbox and we were looking at times and our drives, so we were going about bussiness as usual like we would have done on any other P&P or trackday.
Amit and Akshay, thanks guys for the help and the concern but the issue with the gypsy was the dip-stick had come loose and all the temp during running the car from bangalore took its toll, I don't blame anyone nor am I pointing fingers at anyone, for what has happened, The issue is all sorted out.
Old 8th April 2009, 22:54   #149
BHPian

Very Sorry to Intrude this discussion but why is there so much of mudslinging going on because of a past issue. I know it hurts when something dosent go right when it comes to modifications, but let this not be the future of this thread. Everyone participating in P&P is passionate about modifications, racing & giving it their best. Bury all these issues and lets move on and try to have more of these sessions like track days and lets share and learn from each others experiences. I know i am no one to comment not knowing about any issues but just feels sad to see so much of fights between people who are passionate.

I would like to get my modded esteem to the next track session, hopefully someone can show me the lines, help me time myself with the vbox and i love taking photographs. So i am waiting for this fun day to come.
Old 8th April 2009, 23:02   #150
BHPian

Take it a bit easy guys. I don't claim to know any of the POVs on this thread but I don't think one thread or a computer is gonna solve anything. And IIRC I do remember a similar thing happening concurrently at another thread going dangerously OT.
@memo - Very mature post mate, good to see someone owning up to a few small errors and clarifying facts himself, without resorting to the blame game. More power to you and may your tribe increase.

Last edited by maverick030581 : 8th April 2009 at 23:04.
Closed Thread