Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 6th April 2009, 20:57   #61
BHPian

@ venom rider. Thanks for the compliment dude besides Im just happy I was able to pick your car up amongst the few shots that I actually took. Besides was it you who was amongst that group on the track (esteem , lancer and another one, not too sure which one) I noticed cuz the lancer was among the very few TN cars around.
There was this incident when apparently you guys were entering C1 together and I guess You waved out to the lancer to slow down. Don't know if it was because you would have run off if you did not stick to the inside line due to the speed you were carrying or if it was because of the swift that was exiting the pit lane. If the latter, very thoughtful dude. i would have stood up and clapped. Cheers
Old 6th April 2009, 20:59   #62
BHPian

Wow ! Nice track day guys! Really must hand it over to all of you organizers and the guys participating , bearing the heat and all, really great job!
Old 6th April 2009, 21:11   #63
BHPian

Thumbs up

Thanx Bro, for organnising the TRACK DAY, had a Blast. Only couldn't do good lap times, "L" board still. If I was in anybody's way on the track, kindly excuse. The only problem I had was the HEAT & HUNGER. Rest was all fine. I couldn't take my bike though. It was a pleasure meeting all the other Tbhpians.

@Mclaren buddy: One thing to mention, all you write & say is only heard or overheard from someone or the other, why don't you use your own brain & think, & CLARIFY before you post something.

CHEERS,
G D

Last edited by P180V1 : 6th April 2009 at 21:15.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:17   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
@ venom rider. Thanks for the compliment dude besides Im just happy I was able to pick your car up amongst the few shots that I actually took. Besides was it you who was amongst that group on the track (esteem , lancer and another one, not too sure which one) I noticed cuz the lancer was among the very few TN cars around.
Yup... that was us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
There was this incident when apparently you guys were entering C1 together and I guess You waved out to the lancer to slow down. Don't know if it was because you would have run off if you did not stick to the inside line due to the speed you were carrying or if it was because of the swift that was exiting the pit lane. If the latter, very thoughtful dude. i would have stood up and clapped. Cheers
It was actually the latter & guess the compliment goes to my friend who was driving the lancer. I was in the inside lane & all set to overtake him, but he signaled me to slow down 'cause the swift was entering the track.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:19   #65
BHPian

what a Blast. Thank you organisers. took my wife along for the first time and she's promised never to ride shotgun with me again( she was holding her head long after the drive was over) felt a little sad over the representation from chennai. Well worth it overall.
@neoranjit: Disown me all you may but i have myself entrenched deep deep in yr minds
@sup-baleno: dude watch out the next time.car suspension will be better prepped
cheers
Old 6th April 2009, 21:24   #66
BHPian

Hey guys

Looks like you had a LOT of fun out there.

Couple of quick questions.

1. Why do most cars have black cross marks (with insulation tape) on their head lamps and tail lamps ?

2. How many days in a year is that track open for public? And while you're at it, what's P & P ?

3. How long are the tyres expected to last?

Cheers !

PS: Vikram, next time make sure you get the cocktail just right, lest you blow your engine again .

And while you are at it, try adding some diet coke to the petrol tank, and pop in a couple of mentos every time you need some extra boost
Old 6th April 2009, 21:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
pop in a couple of mentos every time you need some extra boost [/b]
If only I had known this before. I had some of these in my tool kit.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:32   #68
Team-BHP Support

While people were bust setting fastest lap time records, I was busy testing out the dynolicious. Unfortunately, I can't make head or tail out of this. Can someone help me analyze and decode these graphs for me?

What do these mean?

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-img_0014.jpg

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-img_0016.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th April 2009 at 21:33.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

the black or yellow in some cars was taped so as to prevent shards on the track in case of a collision.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
While people were bust setting fastest lap time records, I was busy testing out the dynolicious. Unfortunately, I can't make head or tail out of this. Can someone help me analyze and decode these graphs for me?

What do these mean?
damn should have tried your phone on my car, i had installed a ilap software on the phone but forgot to take the GPS unit

PS: also wanted to talk to you about your gypsy project but completely forgot about that :(
Old 6th April 2009, 21:53   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Yup... It was actually the latter & guess the compliment goes to my friend who was driving the lancer. I was in the inside lane & all set to overtake him, but he signaled me to slow down 'cause the swift was entering the track.
Then hats off to your friend. Guess it was the most sensible thing to do especially 'cuz the swift just rocketed out of the pits and you guys were almost running side by side entering C1. Do let him know that it was really thoughtful.
Cheers
Old 6th April 2009, 22:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

What do these mean?

Attachment 121748

Attachment 121749

khan_sultan, the graphs that you have got seem to be completely meaningless, as far as I can see.

The one on the top is indicating that you got from 0kph to 100kph in about 7 seconds !! In a stock palio 1.6 !!

Now the mentos trick that I mentioned earlier WILL improve performance, but heck, I didn't expect this much increase.

The second graph indicates that you were braking all the time (for over 5 minutes ) !! Again a completely impossible situation.

I guess there was some problem in calibrating the software or mounting the iphone in your car.
Old 6th April 2009, 22:12   #73
Senior - BHPian

no the phone was held in hrag's hands
Old 6th April 2009, 22:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
khan_sultan, the graphs that you have got seem to be completely meaningless, as far as I can see.

The one on the top is indicating that you got from 0kph to 100kph in about 7 seconds !! In a stock palio 1.6 !!
Its not 0-100 in 7 secs. The numbers in yellow are for the Horsepower, which is still meaningless coz it goes upto 160bhp towards the end.

The numbers in red are for the kmph, so 100 seems to have come up in around 11.5 secs.

And the blue line is the G forces during acceleration.

Quote:
no the phone was held in hrag's hands
LOL, in that case, just forget it.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 6th April 2009 at 22:18.
Old 6th April 2009, 22:28   #75
BHPian

Sheesh ! I looked at the red line and the figures on the left because the right side figures were not visible (in the fully zoomed view) . Guess I need to get one of those 'widescreen' monitors !

Thanks Shan2nu !

Last edited by d3mon : 6th April 2009 at 22:29.
Closed Thread