Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 7th April 2009, 15:00   #106
BHPian

@HRT_FPV

P&P can happen when the track is free.
Please keep in mind this is "not" a race.

You can drive around the track on your car and explore your limits.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:04   #107
BHPian

@yzfrj - Sorry mate! Just got carried away. Got what you meant. Any idea when the next one's going to be happening?

And do I need an invite or something of the kind?
Old 7th April 2009, 15:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
And if I remember correctly, he was mentioning something about an over heating car.
sorry to disappoint the "anti rs squad" - hrishi,shanavaz, iceman and now vikram, as all of u might have noticed , i had no issues with the car whatsoever on the track . LOL

but why did you guys need 12+6 bottles of water? may be hrishi was feeling sea sick after going around the track in his big white boat.

Last edited by siddartha : 7th April 2009 at 16:15.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:00   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
sorry to disappoint the "anti rs squad" - hrishi,shanavaz, iceman and now vikram, as all of u might have noticed , i had no issues with the car whatsoever on the track . LOL!
We know we know. We are you only trying to make you 6 inches taller (aka pulling your leg). That is all.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:06   #110
BANNED

Hello - we are not "anti RS". We are only "anti spurious RS". Kindly ignore if you have a genuine RS with all OE stickers / plaques intact.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:40   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
but why did you guys need 12+6 bottles of water? may be hrishi was feeling sea sick after going around the track in his big white boat.
It was not 12+6 you spurious fellow, it was 6+6. Even your arithmetic is spurious

If you say one more word against my big white boat, I will reverse into your front bumper / radiator.
With some devotional music playing in the background - Seerkazhi Govindarajan singing "Vinayakane vinai theerpavane..."

Note: The meaning is "Vinayaka, the remover of bad karma".

Last edited by hrag : 7th April 2009 at 16:57.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:19   #112
Senior - BHPian

Hrishi at his best - cant even imagine Hrishi doing such a naughty work with the lovely voice of Seerkazhi Govindarajan praising Lord Ganesha
Old 7th April 2009, 17:31   #113
BANNED

Srikanth - the Gurudev I am referring to is Vinayak.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:47   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
And do I need an invite or something of the kind?
Last P&P was planned well ahead, please have a look at this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...ions-here.html

You don't need an invite, only thing is track should be available.
And should have a helmet to take the car to the track.

Look around the forum for the next one.
Old 7th April 2009, 18:00   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Last P&P was planned well ahead, please have a look at this thread.

Look around the forum for the next one.
Wondering if you do need to have threads, what if we started to use the calendar more effectively by posting events too instead of it just showing birthdays as it does now. It would be a far more effective method to people to know what's happening when. The current format has only the team BHP calendar we could request the mods for an events calendar too.

Last edited by Psycho : 7th April 2009 at 18:01. Reason: updated an additional point.
Old 7th April 2009, 18:13   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
what if we started to use the calendar more effectively by posting events too instead of it just showing birthdays as it does now
Excellent idea, +1 to that Psycho ji
Old 7th April 2009, 19:41   #117

Cool more pics..

A picture speaks 1000 words. Proof below.
Attached Thumbnails
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscn2063.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscn2065.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscn2071.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscn2084.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscn2088.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscn2091.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscn2082.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscn2089.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscn2094.jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 20:26   #118
BANNED

Some pictures from my camera.

Vikram ready to go and check the track out
Name:  IMG_0789.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  108.3 KB

Madan tapes the Safari's lights as Viddy runs to get his camera
Name:  IMG_0790.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  110.1 KB

Hanging out with the RS (post race at Muscat Bakery)
Name:  IMG_0793.JPG
Views: 333
Size:  103.4 KB

Spotted this sticker on the RS (post race at Muscat Bakery)
Name:  IMG_0794.JPG
Views: 323
Size:  69.0 KB

These tyres were for sale at the Krishnagiri toll plaza (alloys free)
Name:  IMG_0795.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  123.8 KB

Wonder why people think there is an "anti RS" squad - 3 out of 5 "nice pics" are of the RS
Old 7th April 2009, 22:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

Hiya peeps, just logged on after a coupla days. Great to see all the controversy alive, as usual.

I'm quite pleased with the results on the Swift. Pulled in some good lap times on the V-Box, with a best of 2:22.09 or something like that, and the others within a second or so. I figure I was doing close to 2:17 earlier in the day, but the tyres started to give way, since in the end Mohnish could only manage a 2:29.40 and I daresay he's probably a better driver than me. I have a strange feeling that Radha was pushing a sub 2:15, close to a 2:13 on the car, but he also remarked that it was beginning to understeer more with every lap. I think the next step would be to sort out the tyres on stock suspension, and aim for a 2:10.

The Elantra was a bit of a disappointment, I expected better from a car with all that on it. Satya, like I said, you may want to look at better suspension. Can't do much about the understeer anyway.

Reached home at 5 am on Monday morning, since memo's Gypsy had massive issues. We had to stop thrice to sort them out, and finally had to basically flush and refill the entire engine oil. Added to which, I have a feeling memo wasn't all well. We were a bit (unpleasantly) surprised to find that none of the TBHPians offered to help or anything. So much for the big happy family forum. Anyway, we made it back so all's well that ends well.

It was great to meet the Chennai gang -- well whoever we met atleast. Yzfrj got a ride in the SX4 that he isn't likely to forget soon. What say? I'm disappointed I didn't get to sit with Manik in his 800, that thing really seemed to be moving.

The RS was amazing. I'm glad Amit, Bhairav and myself were able to convince the owner to come to track. Next time he's planning to bring the Neovas -- probably the only missing link on his car.

Last edited by v1p3r : 7th April 2009 at 22:13.
Old 7th April 2009, 22:13   #120
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to add: read about the confusion regarding the lines/formation lap. Yes, it is true that during the official track days a lead car shows everyone the lines. But 2 things:
1. This was not an official track-day.
2. A lot of people don't really care and just want to go ahead anyway. This happened in CBE the last time, and there was a spin-out as a result. I was trying to hold a briefing in advance, but there was attitude thrown around. Since then, the attitude has been (and will be) ask if you want to know.

It is also disheartening to note that over 30 cars confirmed participation, but less than half of those showed up. I suspect this is why the MMSC does not host official track days anymore. It is very easy for everyone to say yes sitting behind a keyboard, but the people organising (none here since it was a P&P) probably move heaven and earth to ensure more than adequate facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Would it be possible to have a few in CBE too? Madras is a bit out of the way
What's the point? Last 2 times we had them in CBE, guess how many people showed up from Cochin? 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Yes Ripper I am trying my best to get the Kari opened to general public again. But due to certain incidents involving some members here, the track guys have taken a stand not to allow us to hire the track. Lets see how it goes.
Please elaborate on this. Last time I asked you, you had specifically denied any such thing and said there were no such issues.

Makes me wonder, if something as simple and low-tech as hosting a track day runs into so much politics, so many ego clashes, so many issues, how the hell did we produce even a single F1 driver? No wonder we suck at sports.
Closed Thread